Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

1) sucked in

2) this game is unpolished as gently caress, like just in the way the camera moves during cutscenes or how story events trigger and whatnot

3) listen to your controller when you throw a ball at someone, the HD rumble makes SOUNDS, like not just rumble sounds but SOUND SOUNDS :staredog:

4) did the second mole challenge to the east. holey moley 2 i think. landed on the green but a mole took my ball. still counted as a win even though the objective was to avoid moles, fuckin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

You can zoom out by clicking the right stick, which helps a lot.

didn't know this

thanks!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

so far my favorite character has been some random guy in the second world where if you throw a ball at him he says he just didn't feel like dodging it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Doug posted:

I could never really work out which way the disc was going to turn in a given throw.

when you press right it turns right, when you press left it turns left, hth

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MW posted:

probably stupid, but took me until last course to understand how putting worked. I figured it was possible to look at the grass to understand how the greens sloped, which I couldn't understand, so I just perfected chipping directly into the hole or within like 5 feet. Then I realized putting was affected by the wind as well, and only the wind. :downs:

what? isn't putting just affected by the slope arrow directly underneath the wind arrow?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

just did the nine holes of cheekybeak peak and it really did a good job at hammering home how unpolished this game is-- like i think most of the course was sloped in some way but it doesn't really show, so where it looks like you're golfing down a straight away the cursor keeps flying all over the place because of all the different elevations

this game is weird

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

The courses are more-or-less flat, I think maybe the cursor was moving like that because the paths would end up hitting trees that you couldn't see because the camera is not very good.

it's possible, but i recall a hole where if i golfed one way the ball would barely go anywhere but if i angled it slightly more to the side it would go way further

but yea it's possible that maybe i was like kinda near a tree but just far enough away that i didn't think anything of it and angling the shot one way would clip me slightly through the branches or some poo poo

stand by my statement that this is a weird, unpolished game

gonna stick with it though

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Apparently holding L/R while golfing are the buttons to add front and back spin to your swing. This is separate from pressing X to pinpoint where on the ball you want to hit it which alters the trajectory but doesn't add any spin to the ball.

this game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the island tour sidequest in bermuda isles really drives home how bad the putting is in this game when you only have a vague idea how the ground slopes

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

do you get anything for playing galf?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what's the loving deal with this stupid makeshift golf course rear end in a top hat in oak manor?? why is this so god damned hard???

i swear i am golfing this as perfectly as i can and always coming in one stroke short, this sucks rear end

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oak Manor is the haunted level, right? That's the worst of them - the two remaining after that I did both of in like, half the attempts it took me to do that one.

yeah, that's the one. managed to pull it off this morning but holy loly this one is just above and beyond harder than all the rest. i swear all the ones leading up to this i beat in one MAYBE two tries, this one took at least a dozen if not more

ended up switching my skimming woods to dynamo woods going by aerether's post. it made the hole with the ghost a little tougher because normally i was skipping the ball off the water close to the hole but i managed to sink the chip from the other side of the river. the extra 5 or so yards from the dynamo helped me squeeze an extra stroke somewhere and i ended up beating it with not a single swing to spare

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i hate the whirly putter so much, it's so sensitive, i can never line up a shot with it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Forcyte posted:

Is there a trick to the putting challenge in Bermuda Isles? The slopes are so extreme, I can't get the ball close to the hole on the second and third holes.
trial and error, honestly. took me upwards of 20-ish tries maybe, but it's fairly short so it's not that bad. first hole is fairly straightforward, second and third holes i just found a putt that was sort of close to the hole, memorized what i did, and fine-tuned it over many tries. (these were typically aimed nowhere close to the hole, i think hole 3 i was aiming at the dude himself)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ugh the game soft locked on me. I was in the neanderthal land (I forget the name), and was trying. To figure out where to get a shovel. I went back to wellworn and talked to the coach, when our conversation finished the music kept playing but none of the buttons worked. Hopefully I didn’t lose my save.

this is definitely not the only place this can happen and i feel like i have encountered this at least twice

this game is buggy as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

widespread posted:

One, just how useful is the $315 putter you unlock at the mini golf lounge? Curving balls sounds fun but uh I dunno if it'd be any practical.

it's worthless

• Locked thread