Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

We should update the OP with known save-ruining bugs. I’d hate to be 90% of the way through the game and have the save poo poo the bed.

Also i know the devs were soliciting big feedback on reddit/Twitter, did they ever mention when a patch might be coming?

Sort of:

https://twitter.com/sidebargames/status/916785769292775424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Afro posted:

So there isn't more than 1 long drive event in the game? Kind of a shame really. I would welcome one or two more, but with more wind and shot adjustment stuff.

I think, above all else, that's my main complaint about the game: it has a lot of one-off story events that you can't repeat after you beat them once. I'd like to be able to do rematches of the match play events and tournaments with tougher opponents. Once you beat the story, though, all you have left is challenging yourself to beat your previous scores in stroke play.

Or does the Quick Play feature let you play against the CPU?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Putting kind of sucks sometimes. ZL makes putts go shorter. ZR makes putts go longer. You have to give it more juice to overcome a slope against you (shown in the top-right corner). You have to give it way more juice than you'd expect if you're not 100% on the green. Hitting Y to adjust the distance of the reticle can help, but the reticle assumes a totally flat green.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a difference between holding ZL for an Approach shot and tapping Y and adjusting the power of my shot manually (assuming I hit it on the three-press of course)?

You get finer control with the approach shot, because the indicator when you're swinging is moving slower, relative to the power of the resulting shot. Otherwise, there shouldn't be a difference. The real kicker is that ZR makes your putts longer, when it makes all other shots shorter.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It's all about the 90° wedge!

• Locked thread