Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Golf Story: Fore skin in the rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

Toaster Beef posted:

Dunno if it carries the ball further through the air, but good backspin will make a ball literally move backwards after hitting the ground. So you'd shoot past the hole and let the ball roll back into it.

Typically though, yeah, it's used to stop the ball dead in its tracks.

If I may interject back spin rotates the top of the ball backwards toward the golfer, allowing more arc, less distance and faster stopping potential upon landing.

Now let me demonstrate my textbook swing.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
We reserve our respect for those trained in the disc.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
The didgeridoo in Lurker Valley is delicious.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
huh, i really enjoyed the disc golfing. now the mini golf, OTH is a different story...

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
As it turns out, I'm a goddamn ornithologist!

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Yeah, this game is a fantastic little gem but it is hands down the buggiest thing ive played in the last few years. Ive had 2 different bugs occurring regularly on the mini golf course (one which is game breaking) and Ive had to take a break from the game so I dont get too mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah I softlocked on minigolf twice, then on the third attempt I had a strange bug where my ball was stuck midair but still completed it.

Ive had that mid-air bug every time Ive tried to play through. Fortunately the ball resets after finishing the hole, but twice my ball has hit terrain and stuck inside it, and I cant pause or move, have to restart the game.

• Locked thread