Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
posting in a suspicious dish thread :toot:

I just started doing some work with directx8 because I'm a weirdo so I'm definitely interested here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

somewhere in my boxes of boards i have what was an extremely expensive PCI 3D accelerator made by evans and sutherland. i oughta build a 90s pc workstation someday

freedom graphics or realimage 2000 or something? it has tiny fans on the main chips, a daughterboard, and at least one simm slot

looked somewhat similar to this AccelGraphics Eclipse, which is E&S based:

I also have some prototype of some "realizm" card or other IIRC. Intergraph, not the later 3DLabs ones

bitchinfast 3d 2000

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

i've never seen a more wrong opinion in my life

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

they're pretty to look at but real fuckin' easy to crack if you actually work on them in my experience, plus they cost a ton more

I also think children should stick to plastic toys

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I vaguely remember kdrive. I might have used it in handheld linux or something

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ProjektorBoy posted:

windows 2000 is fairly op as far as windows goes

everything since has been layers of lovely kludges duct taped onto it

as someone with a dedicated win2k box under their desk, I can confirm it's pretty nice for what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

multitasking with dual 1ghz CPUs felt a lot like modern multicore computing, except snappier because it wasn't buried under a mountain of javascript

• Locked thread