Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
Yeah, it doesn't have to be all grand gestures or anything, especially if you live together. The little things that make the other person feel appreciated are important. I like having the bed made, but I wake up before my boyfriend does so I'm not home to make it. He knows I like the bed made even though he doesn't, so he'll make the bed for me on most days. We try to make sure that we're taking proper turns with the regular chores, and we thank each other for doing those (even when it's the other person's "turn").

For bigger things, if you do something you genuinely love and tailor it to their interests, it can be very special. I love crafting, so I make things for my boyfriend that he's mentioned wanting. He runs our D&D campaign, and he'll create situations for the group with elements I've mentioned would be cool in passing.

You said you can program- can you make something for her to interact with? That is something that you're good at and could easily be tailored to stuff she likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread