Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

oliveoil posted:

Yikes. I feel like my only real interests are videogames, programming, and posting on Internet forums, which don't really translate well into actions of love, especially for people who don't care about those things. I guess going more into my partner's interests would be a good approach, then. E.g., if they like whiskey, buy then something nice out of the blue? You can't buy someone a bottle of whiskey every week, though, which seems like it makes it hard to do something every week, which sorry of seems like the minimum necessary frequency for this sort of thing?
Do they have a car? Could you fill it up with gas? Do they use quarters for laundry? Are they always out of quarters? Could you leave two rolls of quarters in their quarter spot?

My interests are more varied but just as difficult as yours. That said, I get up and make my lunch every morning. If I came in to the kitchen one day and opened the fridge and found my lunchbox already in there, packed and ready to go, I would have 5 extra minutes that morning and I would be so excited I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

You are confusing Christmas (a $50 bottle of whiskey) and daily/weekly gifts (which can be much smaller) (or free). What's their favorite starbucks drink? Favorite food? Obscure candy? It's more an ongoing act of listening than it is a one-time act of buying something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Zaftig posted:

You said you can program- can you make something for her to interact with? That is something that you're good at and could easily be tailored to stuff she likes.
I think OP is in a different situation than I am, but I made my wife a honeydo website via a google form, where if she goes to (our website) slash honeydo she can fill out a form and it e-mails me reminders and then when it's done it e-mails her back. It solved the nagging problem and stuff actually gets done now.

• Locked thread