Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
I once had a girlfriend who sent me a short clip of herself mouthing some of words to Can I Steal a Little Love, and I thought it was super sweet, but I feel like I would never come up with that sort of thing. However, I want to be the kind of person who DOES come up with and do that sort of thing.

Another thing that really shocked me (in an incredibly good and warm way) was that she sent me a slideshow of pictures and short video clips of us together, set to Sunday Candy, specifically these lyrics:

"You gotta move it slowly
Take and eat my body like it's holy
I've been waiting for you for the whole week
I've been praying for you, you're my Sunday candy"

I mean, jesus christ. I melted. I wanted to cry (and actually did, a little bit). How the hell do I become the sort of person who is this considerate and does such sweet things? This is something I really liked about her and would like to make a part of myself.

She also felt like I never did anything to show her that I loved her besides just tell her that I loved her and do the occasional favors that any non-romantic friend or roommate might do, like picking up her food on the way home when she was sick or something. So I also feel like I'm lacking something sweet and considerate for future relationships.

oliveoil fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Yes. And I think the examples I gave would be considered showing your love through action. But it seems like there are so many ways to do that, and I would never in a million years have thought to do what she did for me. How do I become more creative or more inspired here?

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Yikes. I feel like my only real interests are videogames, programming, and posting on Internet forums, which don't really translate well into actions of love, especially for people who don't care about those things. I guess going more into my partner's interests would be a good approach, then. E.g., if they like whiskey, buy then something nice out of the blue? You can't buy someone a bottle of whiskey every week, though, which seems like it makes it hard to do something every week, which sorry of seems like the minimum necessary frequency for this sort of thing?

• Locked thread