Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Scientists fell in love, so they tried to prove it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Cool to post images from the second chapter when the first barely came out officially

Said 2nd chapter loving owns tho and i'm glad i was made aware of it

edit: you could post almost every page from it in here

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Jose posted:

Cool to post images from the second chapter when the first barely came out officially

Is the thread title not showing up for you or something?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I'm all for not ruining experiences for others but this thread title isn't beating around the bush ya know. It is what it is and occasionally checking this place gives cool new things to read!

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
I feel like the post was more "why would you try to get me into a series which literally only has two chapters currently out and we don't know if it's actually going to be any good yet" than "how dare you spoil chapter 2 of this series for me" but :shrug:

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Bro Dad posted:

Slayer Volte

I translated this and I'm gonna tell you right now: make up your own more satisfying ending, because it goes straight off the Cancelled Cliff in t-minus 2 chapters after I quit. Sorry bud I liked it too v:shobon:v

Kurokiya-San Takes the Lead

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
There's a Ghost Behind the Gyaru

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is It Odd That I Became an Adventurer Even If I Graduated From the Witchcraft Institute?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Cuprum's Bride

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Girls blushing are a dime a dozen, going to need more than that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

thetoughestbean posted:

Girls blushing are a dime a dozen, going to need more than that
It's by the author of ookami shonen so it's probably gonna be good

It already is good, with what has come out so far at least. That said, that was not a very good example page to use imo

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That author,is definitely a reason to read, Ookami Shounen was super good.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Yup, just read through what's there and really liked it!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think I have lost all understanding of what “gyaru” actually means at this point, tho.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's a specific fashion aesthetic for girls: bleached hair, short skirt, jewelry/piercings, make-up, nail polish. Since Japan is very traditional ("the nail that sticks out gets hammered down" is how the saying goes), and gyaru fashion goes against what is "socially acceptable" (especially in school), they were often portrayed as the rebellious / delinquent girl, though that has been changing as of late, nowadays it's not unusual that it's just what they dress like, without having them necessarily be against the system.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mikl posted:

It's a specific fashion aesthetic for girls: bleached hair, short skirt, jewelry/piercings, make-up, nail polish. Since Japan is very traditional ("the nail that sticks out gets hammered down" is how the saying goes), and gyaru fashion goes against what is "socially acceptable" (especially in school), they were often portrayed as the rebellious / delinquent girl, though that has been changing as of late, nowadays it's not unusual that it's just what they dress like, without having them necessarily be against the system.

How outdated is my impression if I still assumed that gyarus were generally really really tan too all the time?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Princess Candle

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

How outdated is my impression if I still assumed that gyarus were generally really really tan too all the time?

Tans are definitely associated with Gyaru as a whole. And there are specific types of Gyaru that call for tans like Ganguro and Kogal. But it is common in anime/manga to see gyaru exclusively tanned without much distinction. I remember Durarara actually having more realistic Ganguro characters show up.

Speaking of Gyaru, Sono Bisque Doll got an update and Marin has many choice reactions this chapter. We also learn about the supporting power of bones.

I also enjoy that the clothing store owner was still 100% down for helping Gojou make a costume for himself until that misunderstanding got cleared up.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Katabami to Ougon

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Spy X Family

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Useless Ponko

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

should at least show the rap...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I was not expecting to immediately be made sad based on the image you posted, drat you

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

should at least show the rap...

its like the whole chapter

AnonSpore posted:

I was not expecting to immediately be made sad based on the image you posted, drat you

lol strap in

Bro Dad fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 21, 2020

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Killer Ape

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Man this person is trying to be the next Miura with all that detail. Similar to how he draws faces these days too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rokudou's Bad Girls

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Asebi and Adventurers of Sky World

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mysteries, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances
What if myths and legends were more than just fiction? What would happen if an aspiring author in her efforts to investigate and document the bizarre world that lives parallel to ours becomes a mystery herself?

Keep in mind there's a :nws: tag in play.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Tenju no Kuni

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Brought To You By posted:

Mysteries, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances
What if myths and legends were more than just fiction? What would happen if an aspiring author in her efforts to investigate and document the bizarre world that lives parallel to ours becomes a mystery herself?

Keep in mind there's a :nws: tag in play.

I just read through this - the art is very good and it feels oddly like an adaption of a novel. It's very dialogue heavy.

They do visit a school in the second arc but I liked that the protagonists are grown adults and not schoolchildren for once.

It also has an odd approach to horniness where in most of the panels the heroine is drawn fairly normally - it's not constant T&A poses and upskirts every panel - and then one page per chapter she'll lose all her clothes for some reason and have a big naked pinup image. It's like they get their editorially mandated nudity out of the way and then get on with the story.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That honestly might be what’s happening.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

check the artists twitter and you wont think that any more

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Considering how intensely horny their previous work was, they're really holding back.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

En Family Mook posted:

Considering how intensely horny their previous work was, they're really holding back.

It's absolutely wild that it's the author of Torako making it tbh. He's got some impressive range as a writer to go from absurd horny comedy to fairly serious moody horror/mystery and do both well, and to have the tact to not jam all his serious scenes with horny poses and gently caress up the tone.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i hadn't heard of this comic, so i took a look. everything seemed totally normal for pervo comedies, until Bullet is introduced. that poo poo is a whole other level :staredog:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Red Bones posted:

It's absolutely wild that it's the author of Torako making it tbh. He's got some impressive range as a writer to go from absurd horny comedy to fairly serious moody horror/mystery and do both well, and to have the tact to not jam all his serious scenes with horny poses and gently caress up the tone.

Yeah, it's definitely kind of funny to go from people's clothing being casually torn off on a chapter by chapter basis to going entire chapters without anything lewd really happening. I honestly prefer this new story more though, feels like the author has nailed something good here and his art and paneling took a step up.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

i hadn't heard of this comic, so i took a look. everything seemed totally normal for pervo comedies, until Bullet is introduced. that poo poo is a whole other level :staredog:

Torako's a good girl, too bad the magazine it was in died (iirc, been awhile).

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Torako's a good girl, too bad the magazine it was in died (iirc, been awhile).

Torako is a really good horny comedy tbh, and I can't remember if it got cancelled or not, but I reread it a few days ago and it works well as a two-volume story. It doesn't last long enough to run jokes into the ground, and it ends up being this nice little well-paced story about Torako finally making some friends. For a comedy with a lot of sex jokes it's also not really lovely towards women, which is a pleasant surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
GGWP ~Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games~

Sora ni Mairu