Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Uber episode has some amazing moments, but overall I feel like this season has been slightly subdued compared to the previous ones.

Edit: I can totally see why they wouldn't air this after Vegas.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So wait, they aired Chili/Uber outside the US and Chili/Massage Parlor in the US? :psyduck:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Uber is it's own episode.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

OldSenileGuy posted:

Uber is it's own episode.

And it owns

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Astro7x posted:

Haha... I'll save this song next time I need to cut a city montage

https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/POPM-0002/POPM_POPM_0002_01701

Someone also scanned the issue of The Diarrhea Times

https://imgur.com/a/ryMK0

lol that wasn't Katy Perry?? This one goes right up there with Royalty-Free Football in terms of subtle ingenuity

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

God Hole posted:

lol that wasn't Katy Perry?? This one goes right up there with Royalty-Free Football in terms of subtle ingenuity

yeah I was thinking they got a music budget or something, so they bought the one katy perry song nobody listened to.

Also holy poo poo that gut actually wrote like 10 articles per issue?? every single article written by one man. i hope they pay that guy well

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Uber episode is absolutely stunning. I couldn't even breathe after that ransom video.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow that episode was truly fantastic. So many great moments. I loved the part where Andy says he has more experience than anyone else in the meeting and then is immediately contradicted.

And what a twist!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm in the UK. Where do I watch the special episode?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would be surprised if there’s a legal way.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The amount of time and money that goes into three-second jokes like the daycare being fake is staggering.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I was super disappointed at the twist and was hoping to see a massive uber takedown montage but otherwise, this season has been stellar so far

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

I was super disappointed at the twist and was hoping to see a massive uber takedown montage but otherwise, this season has been stellar so far

I don't know how else it could have ended, except with criminal charges being filed. I'm sure Nathan had a plan, but holy poo poo that video would have been a disaster.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
The guy screaming at Andy to turn off mumbo #5 got me

One of the take home lessons of this show is how easy it is to get someone from Craigslist to do the most absurd tasks for you

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 14, 2017

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

One of the take home lessons of this show is how easy it is to get someone from Craigslist to do the most absurd tasks for you

That's been one of the takeaways I've gotten, too. The sequence where Nathan got that random guy buy all those burner phones and the lengths he made him go to was almost Pythonesque.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

snoremac posted:

The amount of time and money that goes into three-second jokes like the daycare being fake is staggering.

The daycare fake and Nathan in scuba gear killed me.

Nathan tricking Andy into marrying him cremated me.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The guy screaming at Andy to turn off mumbo #5 got me
What got me was when Nathan burns all the evidence, and you can see a Mambo #5 CD right on top of it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Holy poo poo this show is good, watched some episodes at the end of Season 3 and got hooked, I show everyone

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I really want one of those drat jackets. That entire segment in Vancouver made me happy. $100, though :(

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Propaganda Machine posted:

I really want one of those drat jackets. That entire segment in Vancouver made me happy. $100, though :(

Deny nothing, brother.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I know people have different senses of humour, but is there anyone who would not appreciate the whole "ai doo" thing? I don't think so

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

In what universe is Mambo #5 one of the worst songs of all time

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The conversation with the couple getting married is the most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever seen.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m starting to worry about Nathan. I feel like we’re seeing Review play out in real life.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mons Hubris posted:

I’m starting to worry about Nathan. I feel like we’re seeing Review play out in real life.

I don't watch many talk shows, but I make it a point to watch Fielder on them because it's basically bonus Nathan For You. I caught Nathan's appearance on Kimmel and thought it was incredibly strange he was about 30% as awkward as he normally is and smiled and was gregarious. Him being weirdly normal stood out because, well, normal is weird for him on chat shows. It never crossed my mind that he was pulling off a con of sorts. I just figured he decided to play along. gently caress. Me. If I could find the gif (or if anyone ever bothered to make one) I'd post Nathan removing the prosthetics end scene from "The Hero." The man is amazing.

With Review off TV, I don't have to think too hard about what is the most ambitious, well-written show on TV anymore is. Fantastic stuff.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

It was unfortunate that Sal’s mom was still alive because the suit was perfect.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Nathan Fielder is like some weird demon who can not lie, so he has to fabricate all those events to be technically honest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Kirsten Dunst

loving insane

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Nathan Fielder is like some weird demon who can not lie, so he has to fabricate all those events to be technically honest.

Its like his thing, everything he does is "technically" legit. That way if he lands a viral event it all holds up under scrutiny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I only wish he had found a way to get pulled over for real. Hiring the cop seemed like a cop out

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sammus posted:

Its like his thing, everything he does is "technically" legit. That way if he lands a viral event it all holds up under scrutiny.

Dumb Starbucks was great this way. I read about that happening before I even knew this show existed.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

I only wish he had found a way to get pulled over for real. Hiring the cop seemed like a cop out

Then he would have had to break the law. His story only stated that he was pulled over, which was completely true

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

You're a monster

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
This episode was weirder than your average NFY, something I didn’t think was possible

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nathan's cats are adorable :3:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This show is so difficult to describe now because it keeps changing. This season the only thing I can compare it to is improv, only its over a longer time scale and has increasingly absurd real life results. And I loving love it and it never stops surprising me.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
They should structure some sort of social anxiety therapy around that wedding couple scene

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I really like this show but I need to be in the mood for it. So often I've started an episode and then Nathan gets so awkward and I can't do it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I really like this show but I need to be in the mood for it. So often I've started an episode and then Nathan gets so awkward and I can't do it.

I'm almost the opposite of this. I get excited to watch the new episode and then I kinda can't watch anything after it.

Unrelated: a friend of mine is watching it for the first time. His wife walked in while he was dying laughing during the gas station attendant's grandson scene and now she hates it and calls it "the pee show".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.thebanzaipredicament.com/

• Locked thread