Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

is punky skunk a boy skunk or girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

November is the month containing my birthday, so hopefully a title with something about the birth of great gaming!

if wolfenstein had come out a week later i would've had November Games Chat: Birth of a Nation ready to go

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon are coming out next month, right?

Just make the title a pun about November and the Pokemon move Ember, boom, done. A never before thought of or utilized thread title. I'll be expecting a royalties check in the mail

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

November Chat: May the Fourth Battlefront Game Be With You

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

dogsicle posted:

bringing this back another page later to say yeah, seriously what the gently caress

What, you don't like the edgy transphobic Bubsy?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Want to hear something spooky? I got new internet and decided to test it out by installing some random Steam game I owned. Landed on Dragon Age Origin, and now I’ve been playing that for three hours, it’s pretty fun! Hadn’t touched it in years

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

What, you don't like the edgy transphobic Bubsy?

I had blissfully forgotten about it completely so all this has gotten me rather miffed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Super Mario Odyssey just came in!

But my JoyCons are both out of battery...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dock your joycons when they're not in use!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

They named the 11th month of the year November.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the heroines quest dev put out a new game today so i guess thats the GOTM for november

or ZWEI

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dota got an update and it's really fun. Dovember.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
November Games Chat: I won't be suckered into thinking LA Noire is good this time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/SegaCDgames/status/925509865702875136

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Reality Winner posted:

Dota got an update and it's really fun. Dovember.

No.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Mario Odyssey yessee feels wonderful to play

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres also that .hack gu remaster so maybe that'll be november gotm

al-azad
May 28, 2009

What's the end game to Mario because I'm getting a nagging feeling this game is pretty shallow and I'm just getting the bare minimum to see the next world. I'm hoping this is just a world 1 situation of Mario 3D Land and the game is like "you ain't seen poo poo yet, mario time hoo hoo!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

homeless snail posted:

cod doesn't even have swastikas in it, weak rear end nazi game

It's actually funnier than that: the enemies in single player will have swastikas but in multiplayer nobody will have a swastika.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

It's actually funnier than that: the enemies in single player will have swastikas but in multiplayer nobody will have a swastika.

idk why that's funny it seems like a smart call

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Next call of duty should recreate the civil war.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

What's the end game to Mario because I'm getting a nagging feeling this game is pretty shallow and I'm just getting the bare minimum to see the next world. I'm hoping this is just a world 1 situation of Mario 3D Land and the game is like "you ain't seen poo poo yet, mario time hoo hoo!"
those cubes you've been seeing become activated which add like another 180-200 moons to the game, and there are two additional worlds to unlock (although one of them is just the Champions Run style "do it all in one go" level), three worlds to unlock if you count the one that you go to after the credits which has 100 moons of its own

to unlock all the levels you need 500 moons but of course there are a lot more than that. don't bother buying more than 1 moon from each shop because it won't count towards game completion percentage.

also it should be said that moons make themselves available over time in each stage based on... how many story moons you've completed, how many moons you've collected globally, and whether you've beaten the game. so like, a Lakitu moon just appeared suddenly after I collected enough moons in a certain kingdom and they were definitely non-existent before. so if you are having trouble finding moons, come back later and more might be available. i think there are moons that appear after you beat the game and BEFORE you activate the moon cubes too, because kingdom locals start migrating to other kingdoms, and places like the Luncheon Kingdom hold a festival and poo poo

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 1, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

an actual dog posted:

idk why that's funny it seems like a smart call

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

the heroines quest dev put out a new game today so i guess thats the GOTM for november

What's it called?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Really Pants posted:

What's it called?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/603870/A_Tale_of_Two_Kingdoms/

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

those cubes you've been seeing become activated which add like another 180-200 moons to the game, and there are two additional worlds to unlock (although one of them is just the Champions Run style "do it all in one go" level), three worlds to unlock if you count the one that you go to after the credits which has 100 moons of its own

to unlock all the levels you need 500 moons but of course there are a lot more than that. don't bother buying more than 1 moon from each shop because it won't count towards game completion percentage.

also it should be said that moons make themselves available over time in each stage based on... how many story moons you've completed, how many moons you've collected globally, and whether you've beaten the game. so like, a Lakitu moon just appeared suddenly after I collected enough moons in a certain kingdom and they were definitely non-existent before. so if you are having trouble finding moons, come back later and more might be available

Alright good to hear I'm more motivated now. It surprises me how many people fell off 3D Land because Nintendo hides all the fun stuff after the fake rear end ending. Am I playing a Tales game, c'mon Nintendo!

Not that Mario has been boring, this is the happiest game Nintendo put out.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak posted:

November Games Chat: I won't be suckered into thinking LA Noire is good this time.

Doubtvember

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

Alright good to hear I'm more motivated now. It surprises me how many people fell off 3D Land because Nintendo hides all the fun stuff after the fake rear end ending. Am I playing a Tales game, c'mon Nintendo!

Not that Mario has been boring, this is the happiest game Nintendo put out.
there's plenty of fun stuff before you beat the game. it's just packed from start to finish, so that a lot of people will have reached the end having found completely different things. my roommate also has the game and they've found completely different moons than I in kingdoms that I had no idea how he found them.

but the moon pipes are the best because a) They're basically Super Mario 3D World levels, and b) they all have two moons each to keep your eyes wandering. as someone who still thinks 3D World is the best Mario game, this is the best possible compromise Nintendo could've made to please both people like me and Mario 64 fanatics

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Saint Freak posted:

I was so hype for that when it came out, and then I ended up hating it so much. :smith:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sorry you don’t get to wear swastikas in CoD multiplayer. :geno:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I thought I saw a SP clip where there were iron crosses all over the place instead of swastikas, that would be a good compromise though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

Next call of duty should recreate the civil war.

Press F to Compromise

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tried to log into ff14 and my 2fa code had 666 in it... cursed game...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My suggestion for the November chat thread title is:

Nothing last forever, even cool November games.

Also, should I make the thread or is someone else planning on it?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think it's a testament to my bad taste how much I am enjoying Arkham Knight. The Batmobile, The city, the Joker, the Sidequests, I'm having a blast. I won't 100% the Riddler stuff - which I never cared in any Arkham game - so I'm youtubing the true ending when I finish this, but everything else has been great.

The little sidequests are probably my favorite bit, I love how you fly or drive around finding more of them scattered around and help bring the city back to it's feet.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I finally looked up a moon in Mario that I just couldn't figure out because it used a mechanic I hadn't used since the begining of the game. I feel so ashamed :negative:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
november chat: i'm thankful for this thread i'm allowed to shitpost about games in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

al-azad posted:

play the video game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there's a surface level of moons that are super easy to get and if you're just doing those and moving onto the next world tbh I could see how you might think its shallow, but then there's another layer of moons under that that you can get right now that take a lot more effort to get, and that's before you even get to the post game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think this is the thread where I shitpost the least, actually. Everyone here is cool and nice!

Edit: Will I get to a spooky area in Super Mario Odyssey early on? It feels strange to play it on Halloween otherwise

• Locked thread