Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I watched a bit of Mario Odyssey gameplay, it looks kinda fun but I wouldn't buy a Switch for it

You should buy a switch for Golf Story instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2 is not my game of the month again until they nerf the drat baller!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At the post credit chapter of Gravity Rush 2. Can feel a really stupid twist coming any second now

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lichyrat

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lichyard Werezard

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

closed down pizza parlor which is haunted

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

zombler

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Actually my spooky name is Glam Rock Hamhock but written in marker on an otherwise unlabled game you found at a garage sale

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually my spooky name is Glam Rock Hamhock but written in marker on an otherwise unlabled game you found at a garage sale

what happens when you play it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wait was it always hamhock I always read it as hammock

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I started Heat Signature and immediately died after the tutorial because I flew right into the headlights of the target ship, got blasted, and forgot space physics so I overshot my home station when I was limping back for repairs and ran out of fuel and oxygen.

Then I learned a little bit and it's been a lot of fun so far! It's Gunpoint after absorbing some Hotline Miami DNA and also ticks off that territory-liberation checkbox that compels me to play open world games

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Really Pants posted:

what happens when you play it

It seems like a normal game until BAM hyper realistic hamhock makes you scared yet you still keep playing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember one time my sisters found out about the ghosts in the original sims so they took screenshots of the graveyard behind the one default house and saved it as "This is where Kite lives" and they'd save screenshots of the spooky ghosts and I'd get scared when I heard the tune that'd play when a ghost showed up.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember one time my sisters found out about the ghosts in the original sims so they took screenshots of the graveyard behind the one default house and saved it as "This is where Kite lives" and they'd save screenshots of the spooky ghosts and I'd get scared when I heard the tune that'd play when a ghost showed up.

These are indeed some spooky-rear end jingles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my obtober-themed game story is that getting dragged to 28 days later as a teenager ruined something in my brain and i had horrendous, i'm-terrified-to-go-to-sleep fast zombie nightmares two, three, four, five times a week for almost a decade :(

but after i played left 4 dead with my bros, i don't have them at all anymore. nintendos cured my brokebrain :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

closed down pizza parlor which is haunted

Freddy Fazbear's Closed-Down Pizza Parlor

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far it's taken me over 40 hours to get to 25% completion in Yakuza 5

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmmm im still oddium because its freaking september

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it is illegal to share spooky gaming stories, for at least 6 more hours

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But the spookiest thing of all

*holds flashlight up to chin*

WAS THAT THE DLC WAS COMING FROM INSIDE THE DISK

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

So far it's taken me over 40 hours to get to 25% completion in Yakuza 5

I think I had around 120 hours on my file by the time I got the platinum

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

hmmm im still oddium because its freaking september

I would post in the September thread but it's closed

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Super Mario Odyssey

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would post in the September thread but it's closed

I can't believe that mods were complicit in this illegal jumping the gun

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Due to my apparent game ADD in the last 7 days I ended up finishing Neir: Automata, Breath of the Wild, and Dishonored 2. Probably going to pick up Ruiner to run through before I take on something big again. My current thoughts for next game are:

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - I picked up the original release when it came out and never really played much of it. I already own this.
Persona 5 - Never played a Persona game before but I'm really liking the style I've seen from this game. Would have to purchase this one.
Red Dead Redemption - Friend let me borrow it years and years ago and I think I started it 2 or 3 times but never stuck with it. Would be nice to play through this before the sequel next year.

Not sure what to go for.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Radioactive Toy posted:

Due to my apparent game ADD in the last 7 days I ended up finishing Neir: Automata, Breath of the Wild, and Dishonored 2. Probably going to pick up Ruiner to run through before I take on something big again. My current thoughts for next game are:

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - I picked up the original release when it came out and never really played much of it. I already own this.
Persona 5 - Never played a Persona game before but I'm really liking the style I've seen from this game. Would have to purchase this one.
Red Dead Redemption - Friend let me borrow it years and years ago and I think I started it 2 or 3 times but never stuck with it. Would be nice to play through this before the sequel next year.

Not sure what to go for.

Play FFXII and livepost it so I can live vicariously through you since I have basically the same history with the game as you do.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh wow i thought South Park 2 got delayed til christmas

noice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The OP is extremely good I love boos!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i started replaying SOMA last night and holy poo poo, it's like 100 times better than i remembered, and i remembered it being great. god drat, why didn't it win all the awards and get all the moneys

i keep meaning to get around to beating Persona 5 just so i can actually delete something off our PS4 (there's like 40 games on there right now) and then i remember my save is in the middle of The Worst Dungeon Ever

also i just realized i never even really started Nier Automata, like i've literally only played maybe 5 hours of it. jesus.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

The OP is extremely good I love boos!!

das boos

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's October in the most important country of the world, Japan

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radioactive Toy posted:

Not sure what to go for.

Red Dead in a heartbeat, its absolutely an achievement for the medium. I've heard some bad vibes on P5 from P4 lovers and isn't FF12 an MMO? It doesn't stick out as much to RDR

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've heard persona 5 has issues but not that they're particularly any worse than persona 4, and people glance over a lot of the issues with that game. it's probably fine if it's the only one that grabs your eye

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
persona 5 is a LOT better than 4 imo

except for that one dungeon i'm in

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't believe that mods were complicit in this illegal jumping the gun

This is entirely my fault. I woke up with my calendar wrong and got confused!! Apologies september lovers!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

red dead missions are all the bad gta missions in one game. but everything else about the game rules

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

precision posted:

persona 5 is a LOT better than 4 imo

except for that one dungeon i'm in

which one is it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
e: ^^^ the palace where you get ooo la la party member

oddium posted:

red dead missions are all the bad gta missions in one game.

no that's GTA5

but RDR's story missions are mostly kind of lame, just not aggressively bad like "OK Trevor, now let's go WORK ON THE DOCKS WOOOOOO"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
red dead is a fun cowboy game but remembering any of the missions makes me never want to replay it out of pure apathy

lots of dull waiting for stuff and riding around on a horse while people talk and i don't really care for the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

This is entirely my fault. I woke up with my calendar wrong and got confused!! Apologies september lovers!

In the spirit of Halloween.... I forgive you

• Locked thread