Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember one time my sisters found out about the ghosts in the original sims so they took screenshots of the graveyard behind the one default house and saved it as "This is where Kite lives" and they'd save screenshots of the spooky ghosts and I'd get scared when I heard the tune that'd play when a ghost showed up.

These are indeed some spooky-rear end jingles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Get your laughs in now, because sooner or later the custom content in BOTW will go too far and everyone will feel awkward.

Just like how people loved custom amiibo. "There's no such thing as a bad custom amiibo!" They all said that.

And then :nws: someone went ahead and made the Worst Amiibo. :nws:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd like to see them make an assassin's creed adaptation of gangs of new york. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Boss Tweed is a Templar but he's depicted in the style of an old-timey Political Cartoon and he fights like Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Raxivace posted:

MGS2 for me, probably.

It has to be a version that specifically includes the skateboarding mini-game to truly be considered perfect.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Plebian Parasite posted:

Considering Ubisoft and Nintendo just worked together to actually good effect, you'd think they'd avoid stepping on each others toes so blatantly by releasing their AAA titles on the same day.

Back in 2003 Ubisoft released Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil within a week of each other. They'll step on their own toes sometimes in order to make a release date.

They also released that one cell-shaded FPS nobody remembers at the same time as well.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Ometeotl posted:

They never removed Jontron from the game and the creator has a history of being an insane plagiarist, so I'm gonna pass.

What do you mean by the latter?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Is there a source for that anywhere?? I cannot find anything on those claims.

I think this is the source for the second part at least.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Yeah once you start using his old screen name you've got a bunch of people making remarks about his trash past.

https://twitter.com/MadameColeen/status/555190270674104321
https://twitter.com/DaringVulpix/status/373691337054232576
https://twitter.com/Robbydude/status/341704824515076099

None of this seems to have been of any sort of consequence to him though. It's kinda weird most of these call-outs happened when the game was first announced but they didn't seem to matter. Guess people really wanted a new collectathon super badly and the next 3D Mario game hadn't even been announced at the time of the Kickstarter.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Now the next task is to get Ian and Jim to make up and get back together for a reunion.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/SMWikiOfficial/status/915759780354052096

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
This is actually the leaked intro for the next Zelda game.

I mean it's pretty much how the last few Zelda games started.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A Roger Rabbit world in Kingdom Hearts 3 where the thematic plot for the level is whether or not Toon hearts are real.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I usually like the concept behind Boundary Break but the new Silent Hill 2 episode really gives me that "Here is exactly how the magician does their tricks now the magic is ruined for you." feeling you get sometimes when watching some "Behind the Scenes" thing.

Of note is that the sound filter and fog are the secret sauce to basically everything in the game looking "Good" to the point that if you remove those things you get what are possibly the saddest looking water textures ever, which explains a lot about why the HD version of Silent Hill 2 turned out as bad as it did.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

haveblue posted:

That's not necessarily a bad thing, the look of a game is a combination of everything used to create it and most games would look like poo poo if you took out major elements of their presentation. See also: the PC port of Resident Evil 4, or that glitch where a certain spot in Breath of the Wild disables the cel shader.

SH2 is the best horror game.

Yeah that's what I meant. The HD version of Silent Hill 2 was advertised as being "Brought up to speed with modern games"-graphics wise and ended up showing off things we were never meant to be shown, like the stanky lake water.

It's like how in the 360 generation a bunch of 2D game ports/revisions were advertised as getting all new graphics that would be definitive way to play them and they'd end up looking worse by looking better.

Sometimes you need a fuzzy CRT.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

In Training posted:

I don't think the potential for death/failure is ever what unnerves me about a good horror game, so I don't mind easy combat in general. I kinda prefer "easy" combat over stuff like Alien Isolation or Amnesia where you have to always be running.

The Metroid Fusion remake in the far future will award you extra points for clowning on the SA-X.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I know a fair amount of people were upset with the Smash 4 DLC. Like how much a character would cost and just those characters in particular.

But a Smash 4 without DLC would have been a Smash 4 without Bayonetta and like if your version of Smash doesn't have Bayonetta in it, it's like a lesser version of the game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
When Koei Tecmo and Warner Brothers Interactive team up one day to do a Lord of the Rings Warriors game the roster will still be hosed because for some reason WB won't allow them to put in Tom Bombadil as a playable character.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Internet Kraken posted:

Isn't voice acting actually one of the biggest monkey sinks in triple AAA games? I seem to recall reading that once. Having professional voice actors read even a few lines costs a hefty sum.

One of the last Iwata Asks ever was about Xenoblade Chronicles X and how Iwata gave his best General Pepper impression when he saw the invoice for how much the voice acting (at least the Japanese voice acting) cost them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

corn in the bible posted:

I beat DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES THE GAME. please enjoy this video of the ending i got, in which everyone gets murdered with guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiLqDLTwAs

A better ending than LOST: THE GAME. I don't...even really remember the ending but I assume this is better than that ending was anyways.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

precision posted:

iirc the ending of the LOST game was literally "twas all a dream"

Oh God that's right. That WAS the ending to the game.

This game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Precursors or whatever Star Control called their "Ancient Race Who Did Done Disappeared" should still be space-cows when finally revealed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess 100 GB games are the new normal

Most companies do not employ the services of a demon named Kompressor like Nintendo does who manage to compress game file sizes down to an understandable level with his magic.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Nappy Time can mean different things in different parts of the world.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The White Dragon posted:

look man if it means they can legally sell japanese pokemon center t-shirt blind bags in america then i'm all for it

If gambling is considered E for Everyone in every market around the world we can finally have the slot machines back in new Pokemon games.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

al-azad posted:

Cartoon boobs are good.

Apparently their Mummy game is actually really good.

Are the mummies horny?

Are they even alive?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I am saddened that there was never a company-wide crossover event for Konami games concerning Warlord Chromosomes.

Assuming that was an actual thing in the Japanese version of the manual.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
R.I.P Visceral Games I guess?

quote:

EA has shut down Visceral Games, the studio behind games like Battlefield Hardline and Dead Space, the publisher said today.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Taintrunner posted:

Cuphead developers proud to announce our acquisition by Electronic Arts

Don't make deals with the DeVille.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Was Dante's Inferno a good game? Because remembering it thanks to the Visceral news I realize I know about almost everything surrounding the game with the exception of the game itself.

Like how everyone was confused what exactly the marketing strategy for the game was.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cowcaster posted:

was that the utterly generic and instantly forgotten beat em up knock off of god of war? because i think the verdict was: utterly generic and instantly forgotten beat em up knock off of god of war

Yes and also I remembered another thing about it. Cleopatra was a boss and she was giant monster who summoned demon babies from her nipples to fight you.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's actually just a high-level entity that pretends to be God.

Not the actual God God. Like No Way.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What side do you think Sonic would chose in a SMT game? This is important information for the eventual crossover.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

tap my mountain posted:

Japan put up a good fight but America wins the 'skeeviest video game related thing ever' prize

Then again it was only a few weeks ago we had that gif of attendees being encouraged to fan the skirt of a booth worker at TGS on stage for prizes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Wamdoodle posted:

What is the context of that scene in Andromeda anyway? I'm just familiar with that gif.

She just awoke from over a century in cryo-stasis and had built up a ton of gas during that time.

On an unrelated note I knew about that whole "This mission is blocked unless you pre-order" Assassin's Creed banner ad thing but I didn't know there was an actual advertisement to go along with it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

I'd be surprised if another Skylanders game ever came out.

It's not like they would just kill off the IP totally though I'd think. They still had Netflix go ahead and finish producing a second season of the TV show.

Maybe it stays in Mobile Hell for the the future but I'd think just killing off an entire universe like that which actually made them money would be...silly.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I've been thinking about the former Visceral dude saying Dead Space 2 underperformed, and a chunk of the sales of the game were after it was discounted.

It's no secret that people who play games have a very 'I'll just wait for a sale' attitude, and how often that fucks with publishers expectations that first week of sales, and how multiplayer games can make up the difference in microtransactions.

I guess what I'm saying is if a single player game comes out you want to play, buy it full price or don't bitch when all we have is loot boxed 'games as a service'. I mean it looks like the damage has already been done but still.

This kinda goes into what the Lego Dimensions Eurogamer piece that the .biz story links to talks about as well.

It was good for consumers (us) when packs were discounted to such a degree you could get what was previously a thirty-dollar level pack for nine during a sale, but the companies seemingly see nothing from these sales due to how many they produced/how expensive it can be to produce a physical product in bulk in the first place.

Mutata's already hinted in the Ask a Dev thread and other places the unsold stock of Infinity figures Disney had to write off. I don't even think Disney destroyed or buried them like ET cartridges. There's just tens of thousands (?) of Yondu figures festering in numerous cargo containers at some port somewhere in the world.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I love it when YouTube ads try to sell me junk-food. Like I don't already have a problem resisting chocolate. Well let's see what it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suUcrSFyQQw

:yikes:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Killed By Death posted:

I let my brother borrow my Vita to play Undertale on and he waited 25 minutes for Toriel to come back, in the room where she leaves you, before asking me if that was actually what you're supposed to do.

Honestly that probably should have triggered a non-standard ending complete with credits.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ganon:

Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If we lived in a world where there's a new remake of Symphony of the Night would people get pissed if the game over screen that takes like half a minute or so was removed?

• Locked thread