Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

what about sord art online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Is that by Actual Standards or Homestuck Fandom Standards?

does it really matter honestly? i doubt anyone who doesnt already like homestuck is going to play it

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*playing silent hill 2 pc* boy sure is nice of them to keep the town so well lit :)

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

understood, i'll buy silent hill: homecoming

homecoming is what came out when the janitor reached into the toilet to unclog it

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the hardest enemy in morrowind was gaenor because he had 770 luck (player stats cap at 100) and thats why luck owns

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Even Martin Scorsese couldn't make Gangs of New York work- it's one of his worst films. I kind of doubt the Assassin's Creed people could do it well either.

it was a great setting and antagonist but the plot and main character were pretty crappy. it's already like most video games

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Its depressing how Assassin's Creed has basically had all the originality and innovation wrung out of it.

its hard to see how that could ever not happen when you have 300 person teams iterate 15 games in the series.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

al-azad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-iD2qYVkk

gently caress yes. Two spooky games down so far.

What was Bethesda trying to do? All I remember is Steam giving the option and everyone flipping out but eh people should charge money for something they think is worth money and a lot of mods are beyond professional quality.

the way they implemented it was extremely lazy and hosed up. i think bethesda took like a 30 percent cut from paid mods for doing absolutely nothing, and also legally owned anything you made.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

also good luck getting bigger mods up there because the creator club downloads them all to the fallout 4 installation regardless of whether the player's bought them or not, and just encrypts them until they do

lol that's dumb as hell

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Digirat posted:

I don't know if the new system is any better about the dependency issues but it's already laughable because it makes you download every single mod on the service if you just want to use one of them.

even if they had a big neon warning that you weren't allowed to use any other mod content in your own if your mod is monetized that would require them to devote a significant amount of resources to investigating and verifying content and preventing people from just making free versions of paid mods. its definitely doable but it would require a lot more thought and effort than bethesda has shown themselves willing or able to commit.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

archaeozoic big hole is what i call my mouth

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

he's a medical student.

which is to say, a student who studies medicine!

nice, what kind of bait and tackle does he use?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

joel is like the prototypical example of angry grizzled middle aged dude. you dont get more grizzled and middle aged than joel.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

If you had to pick one game to show to some unfortunate non-gamer in order to prove that Video Games Are Art, which game would you choose

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

The ending of Black Ops 2 where it's revealed the entire game's events were just visuals projected on the wall at an Avenged Sevenfold concert is more arty than anything in Bioshock

Throw baseball at black ops
>Throw baseball at gamestop cashier ringing up black ops

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/919289122585501696

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

there is no game that cant be improved with an initial d mod

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

THERE IS NO GAME THAT CAN'T BE IMPROVED WITH AN INITAL D MOD

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i love really stupid weapons. what's the stupidest weapon a video game character uses?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*recovering mmo addict meeting*

i finally did it guys. i closed my WoW account and sold off my gold.

*group applauds*

i used it to buy destiny 2

*worried murmuring*

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

dungeon 6 is the one with the wizrobes, right? it always felt like you should have gotten the magic sword before that dungeon and not after it

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

TBF, it is homeless snail's job, they are a writer on Law and Order: Mushroom Kingdom after all.

there was already a mario game where you clean up the streets

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

take your bets on sexual assault vs pedophilia

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

me n the boys at the club

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

look koopa castle has extremely extensive lawns and property tax these days is EXTREMely high so maybe you shouldn't be so down on a guy for saving a little money by using perfectly willing ghost landscaping

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

dr mario prescribes the red pill

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

do yourselves a favor and do not go looking for that on google

it's real bad

Really? Never would have guessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

there's a surface level of moons that are super easy to get and if you're just doing those and moving onto the next world tbh I could see how you might think its shallow, but then there's another layer of moons under that that you can get right now that take a lot more effort to get, and that's before you even get to the post game

thought this was about harvest moon and it sounded a lot deeper than i thought

• Locked thread