Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Post the spooky version of your username

I'm Flay Lust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I watched a bit of Mario Odyssey gameplay, it looks kinda fun but I wouldn't buy a Switch for it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's October in the most important country of the world, Japan

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heat Signature is indeed so good. At first I was a little turned off by the visuals (I still think they're pretty bad and messy) and how easy it seemed but it gets so great once you get enough gear to do the tougher missions

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Always ask the owner before petting a dog

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can find flaws in every single one of those "perfect" games :smuggo:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My face doesn't have terrible traversal segments :smugdog:

Or only a few

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Today, my mom called me over to help her play a video game (basically a walking simulator based off of Walden). It was pretty painful, my mother hasn't touched a game since playing Super Mario Kart with me once. But I was luckily able to keep from giving in to the most obnoxious of all gamer instincts, which is of course grabbing the controls away and crying "Ugh just let me do it"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heat Signature made me wish I had Steam friends, I didn't know about that functionality until just now but now I feel bad for having so many of my guys captured, they're lost now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To me a perfect game would have to have zero fat, so yeah short games like Journey or Gone Home would win

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I legit don't understand how anyone can enjoy Farron Keep. It has lovely enemies, boring visuals, and irritating mechanics.

What if I told you it has memorable enemies, striking visuals, and fun mechanics?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

If you were serious I might want you to elaborate and then we could have a serious discussion on level and visual design in the Souls series.

I mean it's not the greatest place in the world but it's by no means bad. You need a swamp of poo poo to counter the earlier and later majestic cathedrals. The only thing I can think of that's bullshit is those tall lanky enemies who are able to do grab attacks with no telegraph

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When I play Souls games, I have to pick up every item and clear out every enemy in every zone, even on subsequent playthroughs, even if I know perfectly well that the items will not be useful for my current character

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Regarding the whole "list things you love that others hate!" thing, it's so much easier for me to think of things I don't like that other people do like. It's probably not a good thing so I'm going to think about that tonight as I lie in bed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's what Kirby'd look like if he swallowed me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Around 20% of my Heat Signature missions end with me flying through a window, half of those alongside my rescue/capture target

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is the Games Chat thread, no kiddy stuff allowed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can't verify whether or not that's true

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

I remember years ago I read a thread on some other forum where a guy was complaining about how a fantasy movie he had rented from Xbox Live for his kid wasn't labeled as non-English with subtitles.

The movie was Pan's Labyrinth.

I remember some of the marketing making it sound like a fantasy movie for teens, so this is understandable.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some sick people like collectathons

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More problematic than Heineken in Dark Souls 2, though somehow much less embarrassing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just used a time dilation device to sprint past a dozen armored shielded guards and smash the captain of the ship in the head with a concussive hammer to prevent the automated alarm from capturing me, then fought my way through the rest of the ship to rescue my husband, which included teleporting through armed patrols, frying turrets and shields with EMP grenades, and stealing door keys with remote electronic capture. Then when my exit route had so many guards there was no way to sneak or fight through it, I shot out a window and jumped into space and had my pod scoop me up before we suffocated.

Heat Signature is really loving good

:yeah:
The windows are secretly the MVPs of the game.

Here's a fun fact that I discovered by accident but is insanely useful: subverters can open locked doors.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like Skyrim

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They patched it so that that always happens now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

PC gaming rules

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did you use a trainer or something?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That sucks then. Like Kraken I've played tons and tons of hours of DS2 on PC (over a hundred in my case) and never experienced such a thing, no real bugs at all really.

For what it's worth, it isn't too much of a grind to get the the million soul memory needed to brute-force the door that leads to the latter half of the game. If I were you I would keep exploring the other directions and see how close you are to the break-point then.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can you change the yellow to another colour

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

October 32nd would indeed be v. spooky!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

XCOM 2's expansion's take on the nemesis system is about all I want from it: highly-visible tough enemies with distinct move sets and with randomized strengths and weaknesses, who mess with you often enough that you develop a hate for them, but rewarding when you bring them down

Simple, really

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Retsupurae fellas commented over a Long Play of it, check it out if you like funny guys making fun of the dumbest game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So Agents of Mayhem kinda just came and went, huh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sunlight looks nice and feel nice, and contains vitamins, I crave it all the time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This year was a good year for gamer babies, three in this thread alone iirc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Baby gamers, gamer babies, each leads to the other, ouroboros

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 9, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The fun part of Persona gameplay for me is breeding monsters

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

But not too fat! Hahaha

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

So I'm curious what you all think: does a game lose value to you if it can't be gone back to later?

Maybe, but in this particular case it might be because it's been only a few months since you played it last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the term for that thing where the dialogue plays one letter at a time and each letter gets a sound effect attached to it? Because I don't like that

• Locked thread