Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I tried playing white day.
It is too scary for me. The ambiance, that random(?) ghost girl with the jump scares. The soundtrack. I couldn't go on. Even with all the lights on and friends in the same room. The game beat us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Time to fire up Splatoon again

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Gonna jump on the bandwagon and yeah. Debuff/Buff is how you get the upper hand. They last 3 turns. But they are an amazing boost.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
KH1 is still my favorite KH game
That game has a certain charm to it that the other ones don't have anymore

*I still like the other KH games

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I loved escape from New York.
Tbf, at the time i was very biased because his name was Snake Pliskin and i had already played MGS1 and MGS2

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Umineko is pretty spooky. Didn't think a Visual Novel could be this tense and unnerving. But there you go.

It's also really good. Glad I gave it a shot.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

Ooooh man. How far are you? It's been a few years since I was at the height of my Umineko fandom (besides the occasional time it comes up in the VN thread), but it's always a great conversation piece. If you've just started you are in for such a ride if you're already on board with the early content.

I'm at Episode 2 (happy halloween church) 1st 6 murders

Episode 1 thoughts:

Wow, what an immersive visual novel. Maria was creepy enough to make me wary but I felt bad when they abandoned her. She is just a child. So when she was singing against the wall and the rest were holding back from grabbing her. I completely understood. It was a creepy scene. In the end, I really felt bad for Maria. To want the lost love of a mother back. It was heart wrenching finding out what she had to endure all those years. Even though the fact that Rosa slapt her in the face in the beginning. should have foreshadowed that fact

I was constantly doubting whether or not. Beatrice truly existed or not. There were always enough clue's that somebody from the 18 people could have done it.
The grandfather threw the ring away out of the window. and right after that. the sealed letters showed up.
The fact that one of the 1st 6 died had their face completely hosed up. Could have been an trick to make people think Krauss was dead and he swapped the clothes on the corpse. And he could have been moving freely after that.
But it really was Beatrice, huh. :iiam:
Maybe it's just me. But even though every time the game focused on Beatrice's portrait. I felt uneasy. like something might happen. Nothing did. But it was really tense!

When they discovered the 1st murder with the 6 bodies. As the scene went on. I too started to cry. The game has a way to really immersive yourself in it.
George and Shannon. :smith:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I don't think I can/should play VN's after working.
I've tried to play Umineko after work the last 4 days. Each time I have fallen asleep after 30-40 minutes.
It is not boring. It's really good.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

What part of Umineko are you at?

Because I mean some parts of it are just kind of slow IMO, though that's bound to happen I guess when you literally have more text than War & Peace.

episode 2 day 1

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished episode 3 of Umineko last night.

I got tricked

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm starting to burn out on destiny 2

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

The groundwork for that moment is laid out masterfully; you don't see it coming but when you do you think back on the references leading up to it throughout the whole EP and it's such a mindfuck.

Yup. The game blatantly told me what it was going to do and I still fell for it.
Genius

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Fast Forward in FF7 and FFXII were a blessing.

Haven't tried it out in FF9 yet

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I beat the PAL version of FF 9

Twice.
Same
:hfive:

I didn't know any better.....

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

what was wrong with the PAL version of ff9?

Back then the games in eu were made for 50hz tv's. US had them at 60hz

This meant that the already slow battle system of FF9 was even worse in the EU version
While it was still hard to do, It was technically possible to do a 100% excalibur 2 run in the US version of FF9

It was straight up not possible in the EU version

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished episode 7 of Umineko
What an amazing game. It's been a wild ride. It has managed to unsettle me, get me to cry, excited and laugh.
1 more episode to go.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nate RFB posted:

Woah, that's a big jump from where you last checked in on this.

EP7 if I'm honest is my favorite chapter. Great reveals (delivered via a very cool story structure), great new characters, and I'd argue maybe the best new selection of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9XPcPKYAQ

What can I say. Umineko completely hooked me. I totally did not play it during work the last few days...

Episode 7 was really great and I love the new characters. It's great how it can introduce new characters that late in the game and make them really great.
Episodes 6 had a awesome ending.
Let's see what episode 8 is all about.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Tomba! is a great game. We need a remaster of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I have finished Umineko.
This is a wonderful Visual Novel and truly one of the best stories I have had the pleasure of experiencing.
Magic is real

• Locked thread