Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's about six or seven games in that list I want, maybe more....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far it's taken me over 40 hours to get to 25% completion in Yakuza 5

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing games you hate so you can complain about them is a proud internet tradition.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CommissarMega posted:

YESSS

Will it be in English? Or at least have English subs?

It's the western release so yes but it's an action RPG not a proper Nep game. Still, it looks better than the other two action games but that's a bar so low it's underground.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Chicks with daggers are pretty cool, I'd rank them below longbows + magic missile but above guns and crossbows.

What about one that uses daggers for melee but bows for ranged?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ys Origin is pretty much perfect, the only slightly negative thing I can say about it is that Hugo isn't as fun to play as the others.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

take back what you said about the forbidden woods

And Fishing Hamlet :wtc:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched Jason and the Argonauts too many times as a kid so my go to response for any large dude is to start hacking away at the heels.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

After all the build up Pyramid Head has in the early goings of SH2 I was expecting a Clock Tower style indestructible periodic antagonist but I guess you kinda stand a few feet away from him and plug him with 40 9MM slugs and he simpers into a puddle of water...very weird, tonally clashes with the rest of the game. Still loving Silent Hill 2 though

SH2 feels like one of those games that only has bosses because it's a videogame and videogames have bosses, not because they thought it actually needed them. That said a couple of the later ones are visually cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm also glad he didn't stalk you throughout the whole game because that was the worst part of SH4 and my least favourite thing about modern horror games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hold down a button

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly it was probably never on the cards in the first place, I think there are more Front Missions games that never got released outside Japan than did.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same, especially since iirc you can charge up melee weapon attacks in 4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

now is not the time to discuss gun hazard

That's what they always say

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched Watership Down when I was very young and am still traumatised by it.

At least it wasn't Plague Dogs or When the Wind Blows though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watch the AGDQ run of Cool World, it's the most bizarre thing ever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I might actually finish a game this weekend. Maybe even two.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't have too much trouble with the archers when I beat DS1 for the first time earlier this year but that's probably because I've been hearing the legends of them for years beforehand.
I also beat O&S first time :smug:

A lot of DS1 isn't really that hard when it's the fifth game in the series you play...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hoped I was close enough to the end of Yakuza 5 I could finish it today. I was wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finally finished Yakuza 5.

70 hours played, 47% completion :shepicide:

Gotta admit I teared up a bit at Huraka's speech at the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll quite happily play it when it's (even more) in the bargain bin after Christmas.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

big feels gamer here

I love feeling things

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blue Reflection is currently giving me feels just because of how good the music is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most bosses don't have an obvious weakness so you have to actually have a modicum of strategy to beat them. But yeah buff/debuff = win.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been so long since I saw anything but the Directors Cut I've no idea what was and wasn't in the theatrical version. It must have been like 25 years since the one time I saw it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should play that for more than 30 minutes some time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were lied to about not having emotions and I don't think Sora kills any one who didn't try and kill him first.

None of them died anyway :ssh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're good actually

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

2 and BBS are the best Kingdom Hearts games.
Nomura is a huge Star Wars fan and Keyblades are basically lightsabers, they're a big deal in the first movie/game then it turns out a bunch of people had them in the past and don't really matter as much as the person using them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo there's multiple endings? I got to credits and just assumed I was done, I've got some poo poo to check out whenever I pick up the console version

I think there's just the normal ending and a true ending if you get over 200 approval points or whatever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's gonna be sad hearing someone do a Nimoy voice in KH3. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You're right I should play something scary, back to Amnesia I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of David Lynch, I wish I could Be a Cat and Enjoy the Night but it looks like SWERY's game isn't getting funded :(

It's sad but you can't just like ask for $1.5 million unless your game has an insane amount of nostalgia attached to it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fortunately there's about six other games I want coming out this month so I can ignore the dumb lootbox sequel to a game I never finished anyway.

Unfortunately I don't have infinite time and even less money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess I should be glad I'm too poor to be a whale

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty much everything Carpenter did up until 1994 was gold.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

In Evil Within, can I stealth kill the Ruvik clone in Chapter 13?

It seems like any time I try and sneak up on him he immediately turns around.

Which is chapter 13?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Imagine that feel but it's real life

• Locked thread