Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

I beat DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES THE GAME. please enjoy this video of the ending i got, in which everyone gets murdered with guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiLqDLTwAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

lets talk about the time dead rising 2: off the record changed the plot so that instead of the bad guy being a weird grizzled old guy and the love interest being a cute human rights activist, the main villain was a human rights activist who was actually secretly a terrorist and also was deliberately made to look more evil by giving her slightly less white skin and a worse character model

Capcom: "We need to make this female character secretly evil. How can we hint at this?"

Dev: *eyes boob and skin-tone sliders furtively*

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sweetgrass posted:

I'm having this problem with Stardew Valley, I really want to try some new stuff but every time I think about combing through the official forums for up to date mods all my will to setup the game is sucked away.

I really wish Stardew had steam workshop integration. :sigh:

Does the console version integrate mods at all?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Even the worst of the DR games (not counting Ultra Despair Girls) was better than the wet fart of an ending that was ZTD and the trials are fun and cool looking and I'd say I'd prefer them to the 'my first adventure game' puzzling of the Zero Escape games too.

What happened with Ultra Despair Girls? It's mentioned in almost hushed tones in the DR2 LP as a terrible game but I'm not sure if that's based on the gameplay or content.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, every time I think I have this October's GOTM on lock something comes to shake it up

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

gently caress yeah

What's the objectionable content? I'm just curious as the DR3 ending sounds hilarious so I'm wondering if fans are pissed because it's a "gently caress you" or just a general "gently caress off with that poo poo"/

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

One of the characters is literally a pedo and it's treated as minor character flaw that you roll your eyes over rather than calling the cops.

:stonk:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

what follows is a minigame where you have to bat away the hands trying to grope the girl, it's a metaphor for the character being sexually abused by an adult but is presented as fun fan service

edit: i dont think the post im quoting was about ultra despair girls but i feel the need to point out that it is bad anyway

It actually was, thank you for providing extra context. Horrible, horrible context.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Probably whichever one Daisy rules

Daisy rules the Mario Kart track

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

No, seriously, does anybody know anything about Elex because it totally came out of nowhere for me.

Maybe ask in the GOG thread? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091455

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lets hang out posted:

btw noticed this in the manual????

Does eating a werewolf count as cannibalism?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends if they were a wolf when they died or not

But some werewolves walk on two legs... like a man!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Started playing Just Cause 3 last night. Put on subtitles, listened to podcasts and just read the cutscenes. Just want to get back to grappling everywhere, thanks.

Also that EU PS4 sale is surprisingly good! Picked up Divinity 1 and The Old Blood on the cheap (also the RE0 costume packs because why the gently caress not, still haven't played it yet).

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bought Persona 5 today :getin:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Nice. Enjoy the ride

this takes a new context in light of this

corn in the bible posted:

just watch out for those scary gay rapists!!

:ohdear:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

technically ngc is the proper abbreviation but they didn't use it in the us cause another company already trademarked ngc

:aaa: I never knew that, mystery solved!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Endorph posted:

also you should see the excuse he gave to the mod team

Someone's been playing too much GTAV

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Tales series sounds like one hell of a rabbit hole

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Finally got up to the part in Persona 5 where you decide what to do with your free time.

Immediately froze up in indecision.

Went to punk doctor for drugs.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ah poo poo, I was focussing on guts. I'll hit the books.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can always press the touchpad and see what other people did

This feels like cheating a bit. If 99% of people did this one thing and I do the same based on that, it feels more like reading a guide than making a decision.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

It becomes more varied as you unlock more ways to spend your time. If you aren't using a guide there are going to be social links you don't max; don't stress too much and do whatever. Maybe try to mix things up and don't totally neglect your social stats. Find ways to maximize your stat gains (studying at the restaurant while it's raining, for example) and you'll have more time for hnpanging out. Don't worry about Momentos until a few days before the end each dungeon, otherwise you'll have to spend another day in there that could have been spent with a friend.

Have fun!

I ended my session last night by hitting up the palace (with absolutely no intention to finish it yet) since I only had 200 yen and couldn't study in the diner :smith:

Thanks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Agreed, OP

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

*soft strains of "getting jiggy with it" play in background*

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

All my best wishes to goons having bad times in this here thread. Hope things improve soon :shobon:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

You stop that, FAK. You are a beacon of positivity in these hostile and snarky threads.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't turned on a console or the TV in several months now. Just can't get comfortable at home if I'm not at computer desk

I have a big tv and a soft couch but that couch is bad for my back so a computer chair is much better

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyone's top 5 N64 list that doesn't include Goldeneye needs to GTFO. It changed the world at the time.

Super Mario 64
Lylat Wars
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Goldeneye
Mario Kart 64

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyway, speaking of bullshit RPG mechanics, I hit the midboss(?) in Persona 5's first Palace and died to them many times. Now I've made it to the end of the dungeon (with 5 days left to beat it) and I have to leave and send a loving calling card? What the poo poo? Just let me beat the dungeon!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

al-azad posted:

What, no the level design is the best part... provided you're playing on the hardest difficulty which fills in all the empty room with objectives.

:hfive:

Goldeneye rules and you'll never defeat my nostalgia!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Poniard posted:

A video game where you fight nazis with your words, but you're also a sorcerer and every word that comes out of your mouth is imbued with destructive arcane power

A truly escapist fantasy

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I beat all the Goldeneye levels on 00 Agent.

gently caress yeah. Getting invincibility was a complete pain in the dick, but it felt good when I finally saw that I'd beaten the required time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

there is a moment at the end of the game that feels VERY sonic adventure

Is it grinding rails in space? Because more games need grinding rails in space.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wah-ha-ha-ha!

Uncharted 2 and TLoU were peak Naughty Dog multiplayer gameplay. They've been downhill ever since, so hopefully with 2 they look at 1 and not UC4 :(

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I still can't believe that they were so heavy handed with moonbase talk but we don't go there.

What could have been...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

an actual dog posted:

idk why that's funny it seems like a smart call

• Locked thread