Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT: So this isn't an empty-calorie post, does anyone remember the name of that game that was 'X-Com, but as Ghostbusters'?

sounds like GhostControl Inc.

my ghost name...is Really Pants :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually my spooky name is Glam Rock Hamhock but written in marker on an otherwise unlabled game you found at a garage sale

what happens when you play it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVO8sUrs-Pw

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

it's actually probably worse that Shadow of War comes out the same month as an AC game, now that I think about it

SoM is coming out the same day as Neptunia, it's like WB doesn't want it to sell at all

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've started XCOM 2 again and one of my soldiers is all hunched over and shifty lookin' despite not being injured or shaken

is he gonna sprout horrible murder tentacles or what

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm still playing EDF4.1 a little bit every day so I guess that's my perfect game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Doom 1 has way better levels but it also doesn't have the super shotgun or enemies attacking each other so it's a toss up.

Enemies should be able to fight each other in Doom 1. I remember any group of Lost Souls was a brawl waiting to happen.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

has Mario ever had a gritty reboot

I know he did time in Sunshine, does that count

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

Why isn't there a button in Valkyria Chronicles that you can just press and say "I don't want any anti-Semitic assholes in my squad."

This seems like a major design flaw.

you can just leave them on the bench forever if you want

it's not even any kind of dilemma since the racist recruits are all mediocre-to-terrible and the Darcsen recruits are all top tier

e: I forgot about Rosie but she comes around eventually

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 4, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GAMER BABIES HAVING GAMER BABIES

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gamer baby buggy bumpers

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

perhaps

we could have graphics that are classifiable as "good"

without the ceaseless cycle of ever-pricier video hardware and increasingly hellish development cycles

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

What do you do with a video game house

cover all the walls with the captain's waifu
ear-ly in the morning

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

But is it gah-LAH-gah or GA-lah-gah.

actually it's Garaga :rolleyes:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

But is it a hard or soft G

it's the same sound as in "garage" or "luggage"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

precision posted:

crossdressing for laughs is incredibly hard to do right.

don't get discouraged, practice makes perfect

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

If you had to pick one game to show to some unfortunate non-gamer in order to prove that Video Games Are Art, which game would you choose

Major/Minor

(actual answer: Hellblade)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if only Frodo and Sam had ground for more money in Moria, they could have just bought something from Shelob's bake sale and saved themselves a ton of grief

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yosuke is the one reason the P4 MC ever leaves the house at all

Ryuji just wants to look up skirts

Cowcaster posted:

is yusuke and yosuke like john and jon in japanese

you say tomato, I say tomato

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stexils posted:

i love really stupid weapons. what's the stupidest weapon a video game character uses?

this honor can only go to Joachim, the gay wrestling vampire from Shadow Hearts: Covenant who fights using random heavy objects he finds lying around

including but not limited to: a mailbox, a wrestling announcer's desk, a big frozen trout, a miniature office building with miniature office workers inside

also he has a butterfly mask that makes him super-powerful

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what is the Mario timeline

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kanfy posted:

It was probably originally buresu which can be either 'breath', 'bless' or an abbreviation of 'bracelet' (buresuretto) and they picked the wrong one of the three. Maybe they misunderstood the context and guessed wrong?

Stop Breasts

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

huh i vaguely remember this thing. something like pirate's quest or something?

Treasure Adventure Game

no, really

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

The stealth loosens up later and I only played along with it long enough to get whatever perks were associated with killing the commanders without being seen. After that I was fine going in hot to most encounters. The Old Blood does the same thing with making stealth overly important in the first act.

The collectible map perks are nice if you're a completionist but they won't do anything to help you kill Nazis more better. Alarms are never all that dire in TOB, either--maybe two or three extra dudes. It's far from a failure state.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what the gently caress is "anime"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nina posted:

I really enjoy the concept of VA-11 Hall-A but I really, really don't like the writing.

VA-11 Hall-A was a big fat nothing and I have no idea why anyone insisted it was good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

whoa what game is this?

Treasure Adventure Game

no, really

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

It came with my GOG account but I never bothered to open it. You are doing the devs a service because it has certainly caught my attention.

I liked it. It's like Wind Waker, only 2D and a bit twisted.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I started playing Steamworld Dig 2 earlier now I have less than six hours before I have to be up for work.

You could do so much digging in six hours though! :killdozer:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It wasn't great but I liked it okay.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Charlotte's Webster

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please don't spoil every game with pettable cats

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought I already bought Night in the Woods, but it was Oxenfree that I was thinking of.

I know people are considering NitW for their end-of-year lists so I want to check it out... but there are like 15 other games on my docket right now

It's pretty quick to play through(but still good).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Incidentally, here is your occasional reminder from CJacobs that giant spiders are a loving cancer on the fantasy genre.

let's turn them all into sexy women

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

In the next Shadow of Mordor game Tallion bankrupts Sauron's army by possessing his top orc lieutenants to waste all their money on microtransactions and preorder bonuses.

Middle-Earth: Tark's Oddysee

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Smibelungensmied or nothing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

doingitwrong posted:

I have an itch to pick up Destiny 2 because I’ve been playing a bunch of thinky turn based games and I feel like flowy shooting in gorgeous environments would be a nice change. The Destiny 2 console thread is full of bitter people complaining about the tedious end game now. Should I ignore them and pick it up for the early sense of fun and then put it all down when HZD expansions comes out or should I heed the terrible warning and just go play Borderlands 2 or the Pre-Sequel again?

you're asking about shooters when Wolfenstein II literally just came out

I mean Wolf II's great assuming it runs at least lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ginger ale it is

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

So what’s GotM?

Doki Doki Literature Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU