Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm looking for the next game to grab my attention and I don't like Witcher 1 or 2 but all this W3 talk to having an effect on me. Maybe now is the time I buy W3!

Important question: is there fast travel? I'm trying to play for the third time Dragon's Dogma (PS3) and the lack of an easy fast travel solution combined with a never ending supply of wolves I'd I'm outside at night is quickly killing my enthusiasm.

There is fast travel! And I just started dragons dogma so I know that feel. Witcher 3 will have you running all over the entire map when you need certain ingredients for certain alchemy recipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just started dragons dogma and shadow of war.. but I feel like I should give all my attention to one and I can't decide which to focus on first. Both games start off pretty good, although SoW is more action packed hmmm

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Olive! posted:

You should go with Dragon's Dogma because it's actually a good game.

Yeah it looks like a good game. I missed out on it when it first came out on ps3 and never got a chance to go back to it. Now I get to experience it for the first time in HD woop!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Oh yeah the micro-transactions thing is disgusting. Hopefully it won't get in the way

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

some guy on the bus posted:

I'm finding it hard to get through Persona 5. I just did the Museum palace and I'm not into it much at all. I miss Chie and Kanji from P4. Characters in P5 so far don't seem to be as much fun as them. Morgana is incredibly annoying. The repeated phrases you hear during non-voiced dialogue is annoying too. The gameplay is too easy and battles are a mindless chore.

I'm having trouble getting through the second phan-site target. I keep losing interest and pushing through every couple of months. Motivation kinda dropped after having taken down the first villain. That was really satisfying

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I thought Netflix's Castlevania was going to be a lot worse given the usual standard of video game adaptions so I was a bit pleasantly surprised

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Has anyone here played Mario 3d world? How does it hold up to galaxy? It seemed like more of the same great stuff that made galaxy a blast to play except the camera angle was fixed

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Bowser Themed Park is one of my favorite final Mario worlds. Just had a giant grin the whole time traversing that overworld/set of levels.

Champion's Road is also one of the hardest Mario levels I've ever played and beating it is one of my most cherished gaming accomplishments.

That bowser themed park level sounds incredible. I'm going to dust off my Wii U and see how far I can get before friday

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

nachos posted:

Divinity original sin 2 is finally starting to click after like 20 hours and now I can’t stop playing. I like this better than xcom 2 as a turn based strategy game. I swear half of my 20 hours is just saving, reloading, and chaining/unchaining my guys though. It’s an adjustment playing a game that forces you to save scum to get the most out of it.

I should go back to it soon. It hasn't clicked for me yet but then the farthest I have been is fort joy. Gah too many games this month. I also started destiny 2 and I'm surprised the shooting feels like halo. I miss halo

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Palpek posted:

Also VICE made a nice video on the new Wolfenstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb-tF7WilP8

Debra Wilson's got a point. Never thought there'd be sudden resistance to a Nazi killing game. I think it's funny that after a shitload of Nazi killing ww2 games since the 90's and people are suddenly coming out of the woodwork and being butt hurt about it. Hopefully the same poo poo doesn't happen when the next call of duty comes out

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

al-azad posted:

Kind of disappointed Pauline doesn't recognize Mario? That completely destroys my timeline theories.

I feel the same way. I need answers asap

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I suppose that's possible :ohdear:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
This will make the best wallpaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I didn't really dig the music of odyssey. But then again galaxys amazing music was tough to follow so I guess they wanted to try something different. At least the remixes are great

• Locked thread