Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The premiere was a surprisingly not awful episode. It was funny, and not quite as pointless as I thought it'd be, especially with the whole feudalism = capitalism angle.

The Coxie posted:

Marge now sounds like what her mother did in the early seasons, and Marge's mother doesnt sound anything like what she used to. It was really distracting.
That, and Jaqueline's involvement both stuck out to me as more odd than the setting change. She's never been a big character for whatever reason, and her voice seems really off now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's really weird how the animation has jumped in quality since season 28. Martin Short's character was actually animated, and not at all stiff; Rachel Bloom's was really good too. I don't know what prompted the change in direction and quality, but it's very noticeable.

Besides the animation, that was pretty drat good. I'm hoping they bring Bloom's therapist character back, or just have her back as someone else, because she fits right into the show.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Can't help but think the "President Kid Rock" line was dangerous considering this show willed President Celebrity Apprentice into existence.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

That was some...uncomfortably attentive animation of Marge's steamed hams.

A couple of big, genuine laughs, but a wasted guest voice (You get Andy Daly and have him do one character for a single scene?) and absolutely no resolution to one of the storylines. So, par for the course for Modern Simpsons; I give it a B-.

Andy Daly's character should've been in international waters.

• Locked thread