Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Good episode, maybe the first of this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That storyline also characterized editing out racist stuff as "taking the character out" of something and then tried to claim the racist author was doing a self-satire. They tried to hit every possible defense at once like an octopus spewing ink everywhere.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Al Jean's probably the man most responsible for The Simpsons' long slide into shittiness, so it's not surprising in the least.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

What do you guys think they'll do about Apu? We've had him for 29 years and the show can't last much longer. I'm guessing they'll just stop using him as much. Or, if they want to be dicks, use him even more.

I don't see them changing his voice.

We probably just won't see much of Apu from here on out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That was pretty bad. Think it was an apology for the Streetcar Named Desire episode that pissed off New Orleans?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

Any word if they're going to have a special couch gag this week?

I mean, they've brought it up every episode for a month.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This episode loving blow. It's like they read the Wikipedia article about Denmark and then made the first lovely joke that popped into their heads and then went home.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dovetaile posted:

That's one of the bad futures. In The Itchy&Scratchy Movie episode, we see he grows up to be a Supreme Court Justice. The recent future episodes have uh not shown this.

Yeah, and in Lisa's Wedding he had a job knocking down buildings, but said he was "just getting it out of my system before law school".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Slime posted:

Can't he be both?

Souter did it, so I don't see why Bart couldn't.

• Locked thread