Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

PostNouveau posted:

That storyline also characterized editing out racist stuff as "taking the character out" of something and then tried to claim the racist author was doing a self-satire. They tried to hit every possible defense at once like an octopus spewing ink everywhere.

The reaction I've seen elsewhere so far is not at all positive. Basically, "you had this long to do something, and this was the best you could do???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Just watched Marge in Chains, and that scene where Apu and Sanjay are “dancing” — yeesh. Even back then, people knew better than that. That’s not just a bad accent and a stereotypical job.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Jesus what the gently caress is wrong with Marge? It sounds like her voice actor is on death's door.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Why the gently caress is it so hard for these people to admit, just maybe, they made a fairly innocent mistake that turned out, after three decades on a popular TV show, to have a negative impact on people?

It's really off-putting.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Unkempt posted:

Yeah, you're just making this poo poo up, aren't you.

Still better than the one where Bart has to impregnate a horse or whatever the gently caress. What even was that episode, and why was the series not cancelled immediately after they aired it?

• Locked thread