Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying this game, Bob! Awesome :) haha.

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

ah sorry op.

edit:

hory poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

bit disappointed i bought the smoke dash upgrade first because why would i want any other upgrade for that slot

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Good lord

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

bit disappointed i bought the smoke dash upgrade first because why would i want any other upgrade for that slot

Yeah I kept it on the whole game. The 1 extra hp might be ok, the 2 extra hp though sucks since it lowers your damage output. Now that I'm going for s ranks smoke dash is the only choice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

it helps you trivialize most of this bad-to-mediocre game allowing you to move on with your life sooner, altho you'll probably want to switch to a heart +1 or +2 for the terrible robot shmup boss, the roulette wheel, and final boss [the final boss is actually good tho...too bad most of the game doubles down on bad design decisions instead of classic mega man/castlevania bosses with patterns you learn and maybe a platforming gimmick or two.

well, really it's useless on every super mario land plane stage because you can't dash, so try something else on those ones.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah I kept it on the whole game. The 1 extra hp might be ok, the 2 extra hp though sucks since it lowers your damage output. Now that I'm going for s ranks smoke dash is the only choice

the charge shot weapon negates whatever minor penalty the health up gives you + every weapon feels weak and limp like my penis anyway. also the charge shot gives you by far the most ex shot power per hit, like half a card per charged shot

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The robot boss was the only one I didn't like. gently caress those skull bombs.

I agree that the charge shot is ridiculously good, I never take it off really. But there are times when the other weapons get use, the only one I didn't use at all was the lob shot

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

HORMELCHILI posted:

I swapped it out for the auto card-replenishing upgrade for airplane stages since you can't dash anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm pretty sure you still get invincibility frames with it when you shrink in plane stages

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hey, wow! It's just like a cartoon!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bob Odenkirk as the nervous old timey animator retard in the video Bob linked.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wormskull posted:

LmfO

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Wormskull posted:

hahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm pretty sure you still get invincibility frames with it when you shrink in plane stages

whew, good thing they possibly kept a mechanic that may or may not exist since its not in the items descriptioin, in the terrible shmup stages since the people who made this game, and who qa'd this game have never played an shmup before, probably not even galaga.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cuckhead.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

whew, good thing they possibly kept a mechanic that may or may not exist since its not in the items descriptioin, in the terrible shmup stages since the people who made this game, and who qa'd this game have never played an shmup before, probably not even galaga.

Parrying the pink projectiles to build up super meter reminds me of ikaruga

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

IdealFlaws posted:

Parrying the pink projectiles to build up super meter reminds me of ikaruga

ikaruga is pretty bad, and the parry is nothing like the color switch mechanic

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

ikaruga is pretty bad, and the parry is nothing like the color switch mechanic

i meant similar as in, you want to touch a different colored enemy projectile on screen to build up special attack meter

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The only thing that really pisses me off in this is how they shoot projectiles by making a little gun hand, instead of shooting them out of the straws on their heads. It's like the most obvious thing on earth wtf....

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Cuphead! Slow moving sidescrolling sections wow! Cuphead, really long boss fights all of the time. Thank you. 

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Cuphead! Slow moving sidescrolling sections wow! Cuphead, really long boss fights all of the time. Thank you. 

Lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Cuckhead animation is so great. It's amazing it took two guys 10 years to make animation that looks really old and people stopped making because everyone agreed they hated it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

lmao

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Liquid Drink posted:

Cuckhead animation is so great. It's amazing it took two guys 10 years to make animation that looks really old and people stopped making because everyone agreed they hated it.

They stopped making it because Walt Disney used federal funding to put a hit out on the Fleisher family during WWII and laughed all the way to his temperature controlled grave

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

Lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Artisanal Gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can someone draw a comic of somebody playing this game with a thought bubble over their head that says “Wow, it looks just like a cartoon!”

• Locked thread