Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Cuphead! Slow moving sidescrolling sections wow! Cuphead, really long boss fights all of the time. Thank you. 

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

Cuckhead animation is so great. It's amazing it took two guys 10 years to make animation that looks really old and people stopped making because everyone agreed they hated it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Can someone draw a comic of somebody playing this game with a thought bubble over their head that says “Wow, it looks just like a cartoon!”

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, I bought this game so I hope I don't hate it as much as I often hate games that 3 people say are awesome so I buy them, and then as soon as me or someone kinda offhand makes fun of it the entire forum starts talking mad poo poo about it. lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That said, I bought this game so I hope I don't hate it as much as I often hate games that 3 people say are awesome so I buy them, and then as soon as me or someone kinda offhand makes fun of it the entire forum starts talking mad poo poo about it. lmfao

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The game looks amazing & there's some weak rear end razzing going on about it for no good reason.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The game looks amazing & there's some weak rear end razzing going on about it for no good reason.

agreed

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Wormskull posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the game looks fine mostly, altho there's a lot of stuff that clutters your view on some of the bosses. and imo its mediocre at best when compared to a lot of run and gun games, and the shoot me sections are real bad, and that's like 1/3 of the game. imo its a wait for a sale game if someone really needs to play it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you can also call it cuckhead and cupcuck to pwn it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

They stopped making it because Walt Disney used federal funding to put a hit out on the Fleisher family during WWII and laughed all the way to his temperature controlled grave

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i dont think 20 dollars is an unfair price for this game considering the poo poo that comes out at higher prices and i dont think people are going into this expecting like the greatest side scroller run n gun ever it has gameplay that is fun and perfectly serviceable to present the overall product which is running around while you say Wow It Looks Just Like a Cartoon!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Update: I bought the game and wow, much like Hollow Knight, Salt and Sacruary, the game with the bird on iPhone, and path of exile, and overwatch

Mod edit: kit iver the. Overwatch.

This game is flawless. Those bueatifuk bastards finally pulled off the impossible! A game animated like things broken british paedophiels used to animate over a 3 day holiday (vacation for us blokes) has finally taken 10 years and its Glorious!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Discord crew here to crucify everybody, holy gently caress

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i was being serious i like the game lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Combat.

The Story.

The Lore.

The Presentation.

Cuphead is on par with The Witcher 3 as one of the greatest games of our generation.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

i dont think 20 dollars is an unfair price for this game considering the poo poo that comes out at higher prices and i dont think people are going into this expecting like the greatest side scroller run n gun ever it has gameplay that is fun and perfectly serviceable to present the overall product which is running around while you say Wow It Looks Just Like a Cartoon!

it's not fair ot compare cuphead to 60 dollar aaa open world games since they could charge an infinte amount of money for them, since destiny 2 can be played infinitely thanks to a robust color and loot grinding system

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Skeezy posted:

The Combat.

The Story.

The Lore.

The Presentation.

Cuphead is on par with The Witcher 3 as one of the greatest games of our generation.

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought the game after seeing the screenshots on Steam so I was just doing some light hearted flaming. But now I'm scared.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
alright thats it im crackin some skulls

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HORMELCHILI posted:

i was being serious i like the game lol

I refunded it so I could get the Xbox version and play co op w/ friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I refunded it so I could get the Xbox version and play co op w/ friends

This game has coop? THats pretty cool. I would play that with my friend. I just wish the bosses had health bars, it seems weird that they dont show that until you die.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
unfortunately it's only local coop

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

IdealFlaws posted:

Yeah. They don't know when online coop will be input unfortunately

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yeah. They don't know when online coop will be input unfortunately

if it's planned eventually that'd be cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm buying this sometime after midnight when i get that Paycheck dosh and then I'm going to play it until 4am and have a good time doing it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Rag on the game all you want, but if you don't like Fleischer Bros cartoons you have brain worms.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

IdealFlaws posted:

i think doing a game like this online with latency is a nogo, if it's planned that's pretty weird honestly

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

LMFAO

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

rediscover posted:

I'm buying this sometime after midnight when i get that Paycheck dosh and then I'm going to play it until 4am and have a good time doing it.

Update: I bought Cuphead

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

this game pwns. Ive gotten perfect scores on the first 2 bosses (the DQ slime one gave me a lot of trouble because i forgot i could duck lol) and the 1 ‘level’ i’ve played so far. it took me at least 10 tries to get an A+ score on each one.. either the game is hard or i’m really bad. Cuphead is a good game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

rediscover posted:

this game pwns. Ive gotten perfect scores on the first 2 bosses (the DQ slime one gave me a lot of trouble because i forgot i could duck lol) and the 1 ‘level’ i’ve played so far. it took me at least 10 tries to get an A+ score on each one.. either the game is hard or i’m really bad. Cuphead is a good game

You trying to get a+ on every level? drat game is hard enough as it is lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lmao

• Locked thread