Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

it was boring Contra (kinda looked like this really early on).

you're loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaw_fgye_Js

heres the 1st stage of contra hard corps. wow! boring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUTEdvlUNg0&t=79s

one of the 1st bosses in cuphead. whoa! settle down folks! getting too intense.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

i meant a boring version of contra...not that contra is boring dude lol

ah sorry op.

edit:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

bit disappointed i bought the smoke dash upgrade first because why would i want any other upgrade for that slot

it helps you trivialize most of this bad-to-mediocre game allowing you to move on with your life sooner, altho you'll probably want to switch to a heart +1 or +2 for the terrible robot shmup boss, the roulette wheel, and final boss [the final boss is actually good tho...too bad most of the game doubles down on bad design decisions instead of classic mega man/castlevania bosses with patterns you learn and maybe a platforming gimmick or two.

well, really it's useless on every super mario land plane stage because you can't dash, so try something else on those ones.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah I kept it on the whole game. The 1 extra hp might be ok, the 2 extra hp though sucks since it lowers your damage output. Now that I'm going for s ranks smoke dash is the only choice

the charge shot weapon negates whatever minor penalty the health up gives you + every weapon feels weak and limp like my penis anyway. also the charge shot gives you by far the most ex shot power per hit, like half a card per charged shot

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm pretty sure you still get invincibility frames with it when you shrink in plane stages

whew, good thing they possibly kept a mechanic that may or may not exist since its not in the items descriptioin, in the terrible shmup stages since the people who made this game, and who qa'd this game have never played an shmup before, probably not even galaga.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

IdealFlaws posted:

Parrying the pink projectiles to build up super meter reminds me of ikaruga

ikaruga is pretty bad, and the parry is nothing like the color switch mechanic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The game looks amazing & there's some weak rear end razzing going on about it for no good reason.

the game looks fine mostly, altho there's a lot of stuff that clutters your view on some of the bosses. and imo its mediocre at best when compared to a lot of run and gun games, and the shoot me sections are real bad, and that's like 1/3 of the game. imo its a wait for a sale game if someone really needs to play it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you can also call it cuckhead and cupcuck to pwn it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

i dont think 20 dollars is an unfair price for this game considering the poo poo that comes out at higher prices and i dont think people are going into this expecting like the greatest side scroller run n gun ever it has gameplay that is fun and perfectly serviceable to present the overall product which is running around while you say Wow It Looks Just Like a Cartoon!

it's not fair ot compare cuphead to 60 dollar aaa open world games since they could charge an infinte amount of money for them, since destiny 2 can be played infinitely thanks to a robust color and loot grinding system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fadam posted:

The only thing in the game I thought felt a little unfair was during the devil fight, when he goes into dragon mode and chases you to a corner, if a goon decided to run in on the side that you're being penned in on, it's basically unavoidable damage. I didn't try all the guns on that part, though, so there might be a weapon that can stop it. Other than that, every time I died to something and I thought it was cheap and unavoidable, I eventually found a way to deal with it. I died to the robot boss like a million times before figuring out a strategy that got me an A rank on my clear. What a great game.

its easy to dodge the dragon part you just duck under the last slither. i figured this out on mmy first try that's why i beat the hardest game of all time cuphead in 4 hours [beat nioh in 1 hour btw]

• Locked thread