Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whats everyone playing for the scary month of October? Im finally resuming my silent hill 2 playthrough that I abandoned last year because I have a PS2 set up now, instead of sturggling to get the PC version working. I also want to give the REmake another shot because i played it a few years and didn't get very far in but it seems like an incredibly rad game. Maybe Ill finally get SOMA as well. Whats everyone playing in october before Mario comes out? What are some other good scary games I could be playing? Does anyone want to mail me a ps2 copy of silent hill 3 because its really expensive online for some reaosn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I can mail you the ps3 copy of silent hill 3, if I can find it in the hell closet, and also if u mail it back after ur dobe.. namaste

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Ps2* done* :burger:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I'm playing the original survival horror game, Sweet Home. It's loving incredible.

Even has Larry in it

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I bought a game called DISTRAINT back in March and it just got a deluxe edition, so I'll be playing that soon I think. After that I might do another run through of the Wii U Fatal Frame... it's not very scary but it's got great atmosphere and it's fun to play with the gamepad.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

five nights at freddies op.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

probably going to play amnesia once im done with the snes classic. ps anyone who hasnt played soma, its super creepy nd atmospheric and imo a perfect october game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe I will do my ironperson runs of STALKER this month.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat silent hill 2 is creepy as hell. Loving that they have all this added hardware power over the PS1 and instead of trying to go big with the environment thy made a hyper detailed equally filthy faux suburban town and made it so you can't see more than 3 feet in front of your face. I've made it back to where I was last I played which is this apartment complex filled with 200 doors 90% of which are locked and I guess I just have to check them all one by one

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'll have to dig through my Steam and GoG libraries to be sure but I think SOMA's the only straight-up horror game I own so I'll have to play that for the first time this month. I'll probably also start my first serious game of Darkest Dungeon since it's got a cool horror atmosphere even though it's not a horror game per se.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
i always like going back to clock tower it gets a lot done well for a snes game. unfortunately the controls are bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-A1BwH1Apw

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm playing evil within and it's spooky I guess

the resident evil remake is one of the best scary games ever made

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

once im done streaming souls 1 (which is fairly scary) ill stream RE4 pro mode (which is even scarier)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i'd also really like to replay dead space 2 cause I remember loving it, i got really far and never finished

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm gonna try SOMA and Resident Evil 7, OP. Maybe Alien Isolation as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope RE7 goes on sale this month, I'd love to check it out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I hope RE7 goes on sale this month, I'd love to check it out.

I feel like it probably will, they usually have a spooky sale around Halloween on PSN and Steam and it's gone on sale on both of those before.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Clocktower is a good game.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Every year i think I'll have what it takes to play through Silent Hill 2. I won't have the chance to fool myself this year, since I won't be home in Oct, so only handheld gaming. I think I'll go with finishing SMT IV since its theme suits well and playing some survival horror psone classics on the Vita. Silent Hill 1 and Shattered Memories, Resident Evil 2, Dino Crisis 1+2 are some games I have from previous sales. If you have any tips for good October gaming on 3DS, Vita or GBA SP then I'm looking for suggestions!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I just picked up a bulk lot of PSX games and there's a Countdown Vampires disc inside the Tekken 2 case, so I guess I'll play Countdown Vampires

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm gonna try SOMA and Resident Evil 7, OP. Maybe Alien Isolation as well.

Oh poo poo I forgot about Alien Isolation. I had to uninstall that years ago to make hard drive space and never got around to finishing it. Guess I'll have to beat that this month too, what I did play was really good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the best month of the year everyone

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I like October

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA, The Evil Within, Outlast.

And then maybe some spooky games. Slayaway Camp is the funny kind of Halloween game. I think I heard Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is bad, but it has a good rating and I already have it and Castlevania is all skeletons and bats and monsters and a vampire.

Is Tormentum a scary game? It sure looks unsettling. And Sunless Sea?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Maybe this will be the month I finally buy Darkwood and then not play it because Im a little bitch when it comes to horror games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Maybe this will be the month I finally buy Darkwood and then not play it because Im a little bitch when it comes to horror games

I'm a little baby about them too. I planned on going back to Until Dawn to get the plat but I don't even like the game that much and I'd need to do 3 more cycles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Playing silent Hill 2 makes me really incredibly nervous constantly. It makes me run back to save rooms constantly because I never know when Pyramid Head is going to show up to ruin my day but also about 2 hours in I havent died so it's a prwttt irrational fear. They're a lot more lenient with ammunition in this one compared to 1, from what I remember

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh also something neat I noticed today. Watch this classic scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE

and then listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6HX2m-HNY&t=27s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You should watch Jacob's Ladder imo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Win.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Playing Silent Hill Origins on psp while watching Jacob's Ladder.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 2, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's a good one but I last watched it years ago, should revisit it after finishing SH2

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My goal is to play through The Count Lucanor, F.E.A.R., and maybe RE7. I'll also be playing Specter of Torment since it makes a good seasonal game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they ported the uninvited over to PC and it's 3 bucks, so i'm going to try playing that without a walkthrough

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Playing silent Hill 2 makes me really incredibly nervous constantly. It makes me run back to save rooms constantly because I never know when Pyramid Head is going to show up to ruin my day but also about 2 hours in I havent died so it's a prwttt irrational fear. They're a lot more lenient with ammunition in this one compared to 1, from what I remember

Silent Hill 2 is probably the easiest one combat wise because the melee weapons are good and the enemies, with the exception of one near the end of the game, are made of paper. James' stomp is instant death to anything. It's not unusual to just clear out every enemy in a building with the board and nail.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nailing that overhead swing with an Strong X Button Press is very satisfying. Analog buttons ftw

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Oh man Silent Hill was my favorite scary series growing up. I should see if I can get that collection on Steam for cheap.
Definitely going to play RE7 it looks scary as poo poo. Might make my wife watch over my shoulder.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Video Nasty posted:

that collection on Steam

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

Oh man Silent Hill was my favorite scary series growing up. I should see if I can get that collection on Steam for cheap.
Definitely going to play RE7 it looks scary as poo poo. Might make my wife watch over my shoulder.

it doesn't exist on steam

• Locked thread