Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never would've predicted a development house falling off as hard as konami did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Hizke posted:

I missed the discussion about silent hill remastered but anyway my favorite thing about it was that they replaced a font on a sign with comic sans

the future is here

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I'm really glad I used the Scary Games Month as an excuse to play Pathologic. I've still gotten pretty much nowhere after two attempts of the first day, but it's really interesting despite that. Walking around the streets hunting down the vaguest hints, seeing weird potato people come drifting into view through the fog, it's really interesting. It also kinda sucks dick because walking around everywhere is a pain in the rear end, but I never get annoyed enough by it to stop playing out of boredom.

IDK if I'd recommend this game outright because there's a lot of fairly boring stuff you just have to accept, but if you've played a shitload of games and are looking for something really outside the box, Pathologic is really cool.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Hizke posted:

I missed the discussion about silent hill remastered but anyway my favorite thing about it was that they replaced a font on a sign with comic sans

the hell

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hizke posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hizke posted:

Lol

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

In Training posted:

I love that game but PE2 is scarier but a worse game

Did you stream that once? And the save you used was from some insane gamefaqs person who cleared the game like 50 times?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maria....that sequence at the end of the hospital was horrifying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training streaming some SH2

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I wandered around a swamp until a gang of mumbling youths gave me AIDS and I died in a tire pit

but enough about larrys weekend

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im going to replay a little scary game called 'bloodborne'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training ill be streaming my SH2 finale here since i think im really close to the end. hopefully it doesnt go as bad as my SH1 playthrough where i filled my daughter full of 9MM holes and cried my way to early grave.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Amnesia is too spooky for me and I haven't even seen any monsters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat Silent Hill 2. Brutal game, and I think I got another bad ending like when I played 1.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Started up Resident Evil 2 tonight...

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Pathologic is fucken good a hell

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Leon?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QmGGesmKeQ

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
1 is the only sh i can handle qq. maybe i could handle 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

1 is the only sh i can handle qq. maybe i could handle 4

1 is spooky in a kinda splatterhouse horror style, the story is really gonzo. 2 is way more reserved and brutal in comparison. one of the endings I didnt get is insanely hosed up.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

what do u think so far

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I like to play F.E.A.R during the month of October. It's kinda spooky?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leon.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

what do u think so far

It's everything a classic Resident Evil should be I think. If the 2 remake ends up being 7 style I'm going to be sad

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm going to flip poo poo if it isn't just REmake the re2 version. Let me have my tank controls Capcom. Please

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

tank controls are great and add to the tension of survival horror games

only 90s kids appreciate them

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've been skimming through a long play video of a japanese pc engine game called Ugetsu Kitan. i like the early 3d look, and the music is nice and atmospheric. sort of wish i understood japanese, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuOKceBJzM

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i've been skimming through a long play video of a japanese pc engine game called Ugetsu Kitan. i like the early 3d look, and the music is nice and atmospheric. sort of wish i understood japanese, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuOKceBJzM

this is torturous

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i started playing Siren today and its freaking bizarre. it has one of the weirdest aesthetics ive ever seen, because they face scanned actual actors on their character models, but just stuck them on as a texture bc they probably didn't have the time or money to do proper facial animation. so they have like 6 or 7 emotions that they can cycle through depending on the cutscene and just kind of apply a blur effect when they're changing expressions. it gives off a really weird vibe. also theyre all clearly japanese people but its got a DQVIII sounding dub so its this 30 year old japanese professor going Yew wot? We in the underworld now eh?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

PSA Evil Within 2 comes out on tues/thurs

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

PSA Evil Within 2 comes out on tues/thurs

really looking forward to that now that I finished the first. it looks like it'll be better optimized for PC too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

edit: wrong thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got Michigan Report from Hell working on my computer so im gonna stream that now too...in a mood to try out a bunch of weird ps2 j horror games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I played a spooky isometric adventure game called STASIS. Real bad stuff always happens in space for some reason.

• Locked thread