Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

KildarX posted:

What the gently caress is "In the upside down?"

If they wanted to do a snarky halloween ad about the tax plan, just compare it to Freddy Kruger.

It fucks anything under the age of 35 and doesn't bother the white affluent over 40's on elm street, beyond making life worse for their kids, which is cool to them because they don't believe the liberal lies about the ghost man killing kids in their dreams.

Watch stranger things and you will get it (it's actually a pretty good series. Spielbergesqe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's still not as bad as "what do the tax system and the Legend of Zelda have in common? they're both old lol"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

egyptian rat race posted:

Re: the Northam/Gillespie race, I received this in the mail on Saturday:

Much better for your health than hating while sitting down.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FrozenVent posted:

Much better for your health than hating while sitting down.

They're still gonna sit.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The rascals of hate.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I've received more election mail for this VA election coming up than ever before.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I haven’t received poo poo about it. I figure it would be lumped in with my weekly Food Lion sales paper.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A lot of money is being invested in candidates for the legislature. Republicans have previously won a lot of seats uncontested, but progressive PACs are targeting something like 16 seats which are considered highly competitive and which are in districts that voted for Clinton. This is enough to flip control of the legislature to the Dems, who have actually been picking up a number of state-level seats around the country this year.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Netflix apparently suspended House of Cards indefinitely, so it seems Spacey isn't getting away quite as smoothly as people assumed with the Müller investigation kicking up dirt.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Netflix apparently suspended House of Cards indefinitely, so it seems Spacey isn't getting away quite as smoothly as people assumed with the Müller investigation kicking up dirt.

I haven't watched it yet, but is it in it's 6th season? Netflix said that was the final one (iirc).

Also probably just like the onion, when nightmares become reality, what's scary anymore?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

House of cards is showing live on CNN though?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fister Roboto posted:

It's still not as bad as "what do the tax system and the Legend of Zelda have in common? they're both old lol"

https://youtu.be/vwaiyjh1dGk

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Soulex posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but is it in it's 6th season? Netflix said that was the final one (iirc).

Yes, there is a little point scoring here with them essentially saying that now it is double cancelled.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Which is fine since it's pretty poo poo now

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

It still hurts to watch that. They really couldn't write anything better?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Which is fine since it's pretty poo poo now

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If anybody hasn't watched HoC, definitely watch the first two seasons since they are great television. Watch the third if you want a little more of the madness. Then just stop because you're not missing anything.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/seamuspetrie/status/925354114959081472

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If only I could go back in time and watch House of Cards, Veep, and West Wing in the before times. I can't go back to Tylenol of fiction after being hooked on the black tar heroin of 2017 news coverage.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The only unrealistic thing in Veep is Hugh Laurie isn’t eligible to be elected.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

KirbyKhan posted:

If only I could go back in time and watch House of Cards, Veep, and West Wing in the before times. I can't go back to Tylenol of fiction after being hooked on the black tar heroin of 2017 news coverage.

Watching The Newsroom during the leadup to the election last year was mindbending.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/925439152400736256

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/925441064084705280

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 31, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
In any just world, having worked for this administration would be a bar to all future employment that didn't involve the phrase "would you like to make it a meal deal today?" West Wing staffers would be telling future bosses that they were traveling in South America and "finding themselves" between 2016 and 2024.

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Time to outsource political meme making to da share z0ne.
You would think the DNC would realize that there are already a bunch of Facebook groups like Occupy Democrats who are way better at this than them and who can go hard negative without reflecting on the party apparatus if they go to far, but I guess it wouldn't be the DNC without the out-of-touch hubris.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Jesus, I'm not sure where we are going, but this poo poo has to end.

Dead Reckoning posted:

You would think the DNC would realize that there are already a bunch of Facebook groups like Occupy Democrats who are way better at this than them and who can go hard negative without reflecting on the party apparatus if they go to far, but I guess it wouldn't be the DNC without the out-of-touch hubris.

Wait, aren't you one of the guys who likes to proclaim that they are single issue voters because the DNC supports Gun Legislation?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This should not be a hard question or require anything other than a “No!”

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Wait, aren't you one of the guys who likes to proclaim that they are single issue voters because the DNC supports Gun Legislation?
I have no idea what your particular axe to grind with me is, (vaccines?) but I am not the uncle you are expected to grit your teeth and tolerate when he starts talking about Obummer at family gatherings, secretly posting as an ex-military, gun nut forums autist.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Soulex posted:

This should not be a hard question or require anything other than a “No!”

This is one of those questions that are lose-lose. They say Yes and they are lambasted for being backward rear end plantation inheritors. They say No and their voters get mad. Because 35% of the country wants that poo poo to come back. Because Sherman wasn't allowed to finish.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/925446114450530304

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/925447653646794752

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Dammit NYPD, how many bystanders did you hit this time?

KirbyKhan posted:

This is one of those questions that are lose-lose. They say Yes and they are lambasted for being backward rear end plantation inheritors. They say No and their voters get mad. Because 35% of the country wants that poo poo to come back. Because Sherman wasn't allowed to finish.
I think you've got the yes and no backwards, but the point is that they know that if they say "slavery was wrong", the immediate follow up question will be, "then would you agree that the South was wrong to try to perpetuate it by going to war?" and no one in the Republican party wants to have to actually defend the absurdity that the civil war wasn't about slavery.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Meh, not a huge deal. Last time this happened at the Empire State Building, the NYPD shot more people then the bad guy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

thoughts and prayers etc

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

I think you've got the yes and no backwards, but the point is that they know that if they say "slavery was wrong", the immediate follow up question will be, "then would you agree that the South was wrong to try to perpetuate it by going to war?" and no one in the Republican party wants to have to actually defend the absurdity that the civil war wasn't about slavery.

They'd come out and say it was about "states' rights" like they have been since the Lost Cause assholes started popping up post-Reconstruction.

None of them will notice or care if you point out that the Confederate Constitution literally says in black and white, "No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed". They'll just shift the goalpost to "Well, the North was economically oppressing the South, just like Britain did to the original thirteen colonies..."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The economic oppression line always gets me. It's like how one of my city's neighboring suburb counties tried suing the city's county to make them raise their property taxes because it took away their talking point about lower taxes in their shithole county that doesn't even have functioning sewers running across half of it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
New York thing appears to be a vehicle attack with a side of suicide-by-cop.

https://twitter.com/MarcSantia4NY/status/925448493602430976

... Or a driver argument???

https://twitter.com/NYCityAlerts/status/925447445164773376

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I can never get enough of poor white southerners who have been conned into thinking the war would have benefited their ancestors.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

I can never get enough of poor white southerners who have been conned into thinking the war would have benefited their ancestors.

Well, to be fair, nearly every Southerner who fought was conned into believe it would too, since the majority of the Army of Northern Virginia's soldiers were poor, destitute white farmers who were also being hosed by the Antebellum South.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
We were driving back from the amusement park last month and took a detour off 95 to Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway, which reminded me that there are other parts of Virginia beyond NoVA.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Well, to be fair, nearly every Southerner who fought was conned into believe it would too, since the majority of the Army of Northern Virginia's soldiers were poor, destitute white farmers who were also being hosed by the Antebellum South.
Except for the ones who were poor enough to turn pro-Union. Oh West Virginia you poor stupid baby state.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

We were driving back from the amusement park last month and took a detour off 95 to Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway, which reminded me that there are other parts of Virginia beyond NoVA.

What, route 1? It's got the same name up in Arlington and Alexandria too. You've also got Lee highway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vasudus posted:

I thought Arlington was considered NoVa.

e: curse you, Handsome Ralph!

• Locked thread