Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Welp, another month, another bunch of dumb WC qualifiers.

Manchester clubs loaded, other clubs good, Palace bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
gently caress international breaks

international football is poo poo

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wowza at City's and Crystal Palace goal differences, but for different reasons.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Nice thread tag OP

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kcer posted:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

kcer posted:

Actually its cool and good if you live/follow South American teams

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

kcer posted:

This.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

kcer posted:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pik_d posted:

Nice thread tag OP

http://i.imgur.com/r4iroQm.gifv

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Weaponized Cum posted:

Actually its cool and good if you live/follow South American teams

Everything truly is inverted in the Southern Hemisphere.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Everton are gonna get relegated and I'm going to do a big lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Crystal palace haven't scored in any of their 7 games and lost them all, yet they are just 5 points from safety

the prem is just too competitive

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I heard Liverpool were dreary today.

And if the Liverpool Reddit is any indication, fans getting increasingly toxic as hopes of a league challenge fade into stark reality. I fear for Klopp because I don't think FSG have enough bravery or smarts to harbor an actual vision beyond maximizing income streams. Sporting identity and knowledge seem continually beyond them.

Liverpool seems like football's most impossible job at this point. Everyone's dreams are so ridiculously ambitious and yet none of the money or the smarts are ever there at the same time. Why would anyone want to manage this stupid club?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Seems like Dutch managers are big time frauds

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Brony Car posted:

And if the Liverpool Reddit is any indication, fans getting increasingly toxic as hopes of a league challenge fade into stark reality. I fear for Klopp because I don't think FSG have enough bravery or smarts to harbor an actual vision beyond maximizing income streams. Sporting identity and knowledge seem continually beyond them.

Liverpool seems like football's most impossible job at this point. Everyone's dreams are so ridiculously ambitious and yet none of the money or the smarts are ever there at the same time. Why would anyone want to manage this stupid club?

It would be nice if there was any evidence of a vision. We're not playing gegenpressing football any more. It's not fast counter attacks, it's slow dreary passes around in the final third before someone blazes it over.

I don't know who I'd want to replace Klopp, all I know is that right now Klopp isn't doing anything to suggest he knows how to fix this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He was there today

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
im streaming MOTD on a transatlantic flight

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You're going to see some extremely funny defending if you get the Newcastle match

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
im looking forward to seeing that for sure + also seeing rafa's happy face in the interview

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does Sean dyche gargle gravel his voice loving hell

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
haha that goal was f. funny for newcastle

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

Klopp: "We don't feel perfect in this moment - you (journalists) write things and the boys read it and they don't feel too good about it."

lmao :qq:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
klopp needs to hire a coach who knows how to defend and a scout who knows what a good defender looks like

for example, today's match would have been a scrappy 1-0 win if liverpool's defence wasn't constantly a shambles

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
and yet liverpool are still only 2 points behind 3rd (spurs), you were never title contenders to begin with, and are doing ok in europe

any liverpool fan who is slagging klopp off needs to seriously get a grip

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The table this time last year:

United comfortably in 6th

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Lets all appreciate and admire Burnley

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blue Star Error posted:

Lets all appreciate and admire Burnley

Jack Cork what a signing what a player.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Brony Car posted:

I have to say, I'm quite worried for the fans. Keen posters will know I've felt something rotten is going on at Liverpool from the start of this season. Optimism is always nice but there's dire football being played amidst a toxic atmosphere in the club and you can't see it getting better from here. I feel for the fans.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Why would any professional footballer read anything written by the sports media? Unless it's related to a PR responsibility, why would you seek out the commentary of people paid to be as sensationalistic as possible?

Machinegunboyo posted:

I have to say, I'm quite worried for the fans. Keen posters will know I've felt something rotten is going on at Liverpool from the start of this season. Optimism is always nice but there's dire football being played amidst a toxic atmosphere in the club and you can't see it getting better from here. I feel for the fans.

We all worry about and feel for the fans. They're what the game is all about.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Footballers love reading their ratings in the papers. They can't get enough of it.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

It would be nice if there was any evidence of a vision. We're not playing gegenpressing football any more. It's not fast counter attacks, it's slow dreary passes around in the final third before someone blazes it over.

I don't know who I'd want to replace Klopp, all I know is that right now Klopp isn't doing anything to suggest he knows how to fix this.

I don't think it's a vision issue. The side is still built for gegenpressing and speed, which is why Salah was bought for the first team and Chamberlain was bought for squad purposes. The players that were bought make sense and you can see what he is trying to do. That's a strong contrast to the split approach during the Rodgers years where you'd have technical passing midfielders and then splash a cash on Benteke and Balotelli as your strikers to replace Suarez.

For whatever reason, though, Klopp can't get the energy or finishing out of the players right now. He might just be unable to deal with the English fixture schedule because he liked to use the winter break in Germany to retrain and regroup, but you can tell he wants to play a certain way and I think it will work if he is given time. Player issues and a terrible transfer approach (which I believe isn't completely down to him) are really screwing him right now.

Maybe Klopp doing well at Liverpool was just not meant to be, but I think the failures of this summer were not all down to Klopp. Other people at FSG are getting away with murder in terms of fan anger. It probably helps that those people (like Michael Edwards) are never in front of the camera.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
selling Sakho to rely on Matip was a mistake.

then Klopp blatantly tapping up VVD was idiocy that may have doomed their campaign.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Personally I'm enjoying how it plays out when Liverpool go into the season with trophy hopes despite a glaring defensive hole in the squad :v:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Klopp will fix it he's got a plan.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's been a while now, how long before the Dortmund Tech kicks in?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eboue was diagnosed as HIV+ apparently

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 2, 2017

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

CyberPingu posted:

Eboue was diagnosed as HIV+ apparently

oh wow :smith:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Never hurt Phil Neville's career

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i guess that explains why hes always so positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bea Nanner posted:

i guess that explains why hes always so positive