Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

agreed that's why arsenal won the 2015-16 premier league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

big fan of the arsenal board and manager here

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Arsenal fans should unfurl a giant tifo of a spreadsheet next game showing that they are on fact the best

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

But we hate Arsenal

Good point.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I look forward to Points Equivalent Net In Spend appearing on MOTD alongside eXpected Goals

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Reminder that Gazidis also pointed to 14th place Leicester as an example of what Arsenal can achieve. The man is a clown.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

blue footed boobie posted:

Reminder that Gazidis also pointed to 14th place Leicester as an example of what Arsenal can achieve. The man is a clown.

Pretty sure the Leicester thing was Josh Kroenke.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pretty sure the Leicester thing was Josh Kroenke.

Nah it was Gazidis.

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/09/revealed-arsenals-crazy-summer-business-and-how-it-all-went-down/
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/07/gazidis-talks-about-summer-spending-and-well/

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

webmeister posted:

I look forward to Points Equivalent Net In Spend appearing on MOTD alongside eXpected Goals

Everyone should support and encourage arsenal's work in the unusual field of autism acceptance, I believe the campaign is called "Mumble and look at your shoe till it goes away" taking their lead from kick it out

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I'll take that as a 'no' then. Okay. Just checking.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
apparently knobby keita has been sent off three times in the last month? i'm going to fall in love with this guy

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

bewbies posted:

apparently knobby keita has been sent off three times in the last month? i'm going to fall in love with this guy

he'll do great in the Europa League

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Why did he agree to move to Liverpool instead of waiting for a big club to come in for him :thunk:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Why did he agree to move to Liverpool instead of waiting for a big club to come in for him :thunk:

The big clubs probably didn't want to pay a ton of money to wait a year for him to come.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

TheBigAristotle posted:

The investor class will destroy everything we love before climate change suffocates us all

Spurs haven't won anything

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Banter aside, it’s been fun as hell to watch Spurs under Pochettino despite the perennial cock-ups in cups, late season matches, etc. and I’ll take that over the poo poo Ramos/Santini/Hoddle days with the odd league cup thrown in any time.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

The big clubs probably didn't want to pay a ton of money to wait a year for him to come.

He could have just waited.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He wants to go to Barca and figures it'd be easier to force a move from Liverpool than from City/Chelsea?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

tarbrush posted:

He wants to go to Barca and figures it'd be easier to force a move from Liverpool than from City/Chelsea?

Mayhap Barca should have just paid what RBL wanted instead of signing Paulinho

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://twitter.com/ndcomps/status/923293957202722817

A fairly loving good player

We've been without him for 6 weeks already, and we've missed him. He's back in Manchester now after recovering in Miami or something.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

PirateBob posted:

We've been without him for 6 weeks already, and we've missed him. He's back in Manchester now after recovering in Miami or something.

Picking up some Kagawa habits? Not good.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This is extremely my poo poo

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Picking up some Kagawa habits? Not good.

Kagawa habits :confused:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Even Gazidis's "objective" stat is pretty short-sighted. Next season they'll have to break the bank to replace Alexis and Ozil.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Even Gazidis's "objective" stat is pretty short-sighted. Next season they'll have to break the bank to replace Alexis and Ozil.

I’ve said this a million times, but they’re in real trouble. They’ve gone from performing at their financial level to having two teams with less money finish above them. Their two best players are leaving on a free, and like half of the first team will be in the last year of their contract this summer. It’s tough to see how this isn’t the product of several layers of mismanagement. You would expect a big shake-up, but it seems as though everyone is fine with slowly lurching into a catastrophe. The next couple years will be fun.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

I’ve said this a million times, but they’re in real trouble. They’ve gone from performing at their financial level to having two teams with less money finish above them. Their two best players are leaving on a free, and like half of the first team will be in the last year of their contract this summer. It’s tough to see how this isn’t the product of several layers of mismanagement. You would expect a big shake-up, but it seems as though everyone is fine with slowly lurching into a catastrophe. The next couple years will be fun.

I still expect Sanchez or Ozil to go in the January window.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kane ruled out for the United game. So I guess it really is going to be 0-0.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

If Mourinho sets us up for another 0-0 I will be quite angry.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PirateBob posted:

What does your heart tell you?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

PirateBob posted:

You mean the thing Jose has done for basically every 'big' game since forever? Yeah I'm sure he'll change his strategy this time.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

julian assflange posted:

What does your heart tell you?

That Frodo is alive

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
pogba is probably the closest thing we've seen to zidane since zidane but it seems like a lot of the crazy poo poo he does winds up not going anywhere.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
"I don't speak about injured players, so don't ask me about Harry Kane because if I speak about him I have to speak about Zlatan Ibrahimovic, [Marouane] Fellaini, [Paul] Pogba, [Marcos] Rojo, [Michael] Carrick - so I don't speak."

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

PirateBob posted:

"I don't speak about injured players, so don't ask me about Harry Kane because if I speak about him I have to speak about Zlatan Ibrahimovic, [Marouane] Fellaini, [Paul] Pogba, [Marcos] Rojo, [Michael] Carrick - so I don't speak."

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bewbies posted:

pogba is probably the closest thing we've seen to zidane since zidane but it seems like a lot of the crazy poo poo he does winds up not going anywhere.

lmao at this post

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Der Shovel posted:

The last time he was out injured, Tottenham floundered horribly, barely managing to scrape through their next four victories at a measly combined score of 11-2.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

bewbies posted:

this is loving insane even for this special needs forum

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

lmao at this post

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PirateBob posted:

Lmao he is such a spa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

So pogba is the new Le Tallec?

• Locked thread