Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
1/4 million miles on the Toyota Echo I bought new in 2000

Original Clutch, although I did have to repair the rubber on the pedal a few years ago.

Biggest repair was a new AC compressor. Engine consumes a quart of oil every 5000 miles. Which it has since 100k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
The car in question. Dad's business was parking garages. I did this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

TheFonz posted:

what the gently caress

My dad ran a parking garage in midtown Manhattan. I was the only son who could park well enough to work there. We'd park cars by reversing them and placing them less than an inch from other cars, climb out of windows to get out.

So I can do stunts like that rather easy.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

Versa's clutch is 138000km old as far as I know.

Good thing you have the manual Versa. Their CVT's apparently are failing on a regular basis under 100k miles.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

dissss posted:

What's the shortest anyone has had a clutch on a non performance car last?

My partners Mazda 3 has an awful shudder and it's only at 117,000kms but given how she drives the poor thing it isn't exactly a huge surprise.

I've heard stories of people destroying a new clutch in weeks.

I bought the original Honda CRX when it came out in 1984 (the 1500lbs 1200cc 49 state economy model).

It had the lightest clutch I have ever driven. It's been a while, but I believe I had to have a clutch adjustment (not replace) at 70k miles. Kept that car until 1995, when I traded it for a new Nissan 240SX.

VideoGameVet fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Are you some sort of parking God?

Yes, I am. (On this one a crowd of on-lookers and no touching, on the prior one ... very light touches ... no marks or damage ... bad circumstances drove that insanity)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoGameVet fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 3, 2017

• Locked thread