Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I wonder if they can come up with a dumber talking point than bakers not wanting to make gay wedding cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I wonder if they can come up with a dumber talking point than bakers not wanting to make gay wedding cakes.
Lobethal Bakery can get hosed.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Oh noooooo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://video.vice.com/en_au/video/reading-the-paper-with-eric-andre/5849fa6a2b6ac00b4002e8ae?ref=vice

Eric Andre reads the Australian.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

what if they use a $6000 toaster?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I was seriously disappointed when I read about that, but honestly it's not surprising at all.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

starkebn posted:

Shouldn't the fair and balanced debate stop once no more votes can be accepted? Nov 7 I think?

I wonder if it will.

:thunk:

Lyle Shelton has said the fight will never stop. The No MPs are already moving on to the legislative fight.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
"Comedian"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can we goon project up a PI to follow Shelton because I'm pretty sure if you monitored him long enough you'd catch him loving a dude.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
He thinks more about gay sex than gay people.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

CrazyTolradi posted:

Guy I know used to be cool, became a Mormon a few years ago. A couple of days after that whole thing came out he was gleefully sharing photos of himself buying stuff there because they were fighting the good fight.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

Guy I know used to be cool, became a Mormon a few years ago. A couple of days after that whole thing came out he was gleefully sharing photos of himself buying stuff there because they were fighting the good fight.
What a complete tool. Like, I used to love going there when I was a kid living out that way, and then every year when I went up Lobethal way for the Christmas lights. But they're dead to me now.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

CrazyTolradi posted:

What a complete tool. Like, I used to love going there when I was a kid living out that way, and then every year when I went up Lobethal way for the Christmas lights. But they're dead to me now.

Yeah, it's such a shame. Was a great place to stop for pasties and caffeine while out riding.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Smart business people turning down the opportunity to charge exorbitant amounts of money for wedding cakes. Checks out.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Halo14 posted:

Smart business people turning down the opportunity to actually make money by alienating more than half of the population (yes voters) and actively excluding more than 5% (LGBTIQA+ people)

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Cartoon posted:

"Comedian"

I mean I like Eric Andre but that was not funny at all. Have him comment on the letters to the editor section or something, those things are a congregation of nutballs

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Halo14 posted:

Smart business people turning down the opportunity to charge exorbitant amounts of money for wedding cakes. Checks out.

It wasn't even that, this was Lobethal Bakery just going straight out and saying WE DON'T WANT BUSINESS FROM THESE KIND OF PEOPLE and then complaining when people then said "ok, we won't give you our business".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is this bakery a big deal?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

It was a couple of years ago and they made themselves into a bit of a lightning rod for both sides, pretty much a textbook example of how not to do PR.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

Why is Manus Island a big deal?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi comparing a bad brain regional bakery to a prison island. Pretty tone deaf.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

CrazyTolradi comparing a bad brain regional bakery to a prison island. Pretty tone deaf.
Just more pointing out that you really don't understand the significance of things that don't directly impact you.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I think I understand better than to make light of suffering refugees on Manus island.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I think you have to imagine it happening with a bakery people go to, like Heatherbrae Pies or that one near the big merino

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

CrazyTolradi posted:

Just more pointing out that you really don't understand the significance of things that don't directly impact you.

Why is it always about loving bakeries though? Like, aren't there much more significant issues to talk about RE: SSM? It's such a loving annoying attempt to muddy the debate by harping on about god drat wedding cakes.
Did this trend start here or in the U.S?

The only funny thing about it is seeing all these conservatives who constantly claim that we don't need regulations because FREE MARKET suddenly do a complete 180 when they're told that consumers plan to exercise their right to choose where they spend their money.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

I think I understand better than to make light of suffering refugees on Manus island.
You mean like you did a few pages ago? Yes, you're absolutely correct, Mr. Point Nepean Golf Course.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

cohsae posted:

Why is it always about loving bakeries though? Like, aren't there much more significant issues to talk about RE: SSM? It's such a loving annoying attempt to muddy the debate by harping on about god drat wedding cakes.

The only funny thing about it is seeing all these conservatives who constantly claim that we don't need regulations because FREE MARKET suddenly do a complete 180 when they're told that consumers plan to exercise their right to choose where they spend their money.
IIRC it started in the UK and the US. I mean, it comes up because wedding cakes are kind of a thing if you're having a wedding. I guess being conservative is just a thing in some baking circles? Also it plays up the whole "battler small business owner" gimmick that the LNP loves to pretend it cares about.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

I think you have to imagine it happening with a bakery people go to, like Heatherbrae Pies or that one near the big merino

I called baker's delight in Perth because their employee had a gently caress off we're full sticker and she took it off her car #sjwin

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I think we can all agree that even a bad bakery makes more tasty cakes than bad ones.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

cohsae posted:

Show them this image, ask them if all those signs should be legal.

If they say yes, then they are too far gone down the conservo-libertarian rabbit hole. If they say that this is different then they are conceding that it's actually about being anti-gay, not respecting peoples religious "freedom" and so can be dismissed as hypocrites.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I can empathise with the Irish one frankly.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Yeah, they don't need to apply because they've already got the job!

JBP if you're in Perth we should play boardgames some time. Or come to a Perth goonmeet, I'll even let you pet GSC.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm gay

https://twitter.com/CroweDM/status/925482029503848448

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
mate

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

his immune system is no match for rabid centrism

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

JBP posted:

You're Marlene Kairouz and I claim my five dollarydoos.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

his immune system is no match for rabid centrism

I get the sudden urge to engage in rational discourse with those fine white folks chanting 'blood & soil!'

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

Yeah, they don't need to apply because they've already got the job!

JBP if you're in Perth we should play boardgames some time. Or come to a Perth goonmeet, I'll even let you pet GSC.

I was in Perth for a few years but I'm back in Melbourne now. If I have reason to return I'll talk to a goon though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You're Marlene Kairouz and I claim my five dollarydoos.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You'll feel better after a belly scritch.

• Locked thread