Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Recommend this show to Squark for a fun surprise.

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

blossommirage posted:

Also I guess there were horses, people say they do idol stuff, but I think this is probably a really elaborate prank.

It's funny that they kind of made a thing of the post-race performances, particularly in some game promos, but they just throw it in a few times in the anime and otherwise forget about it (probably rightly). There's a mini-live in S2, which is probably the most idol thing that happens besides that.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The horses are idols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5LgFdV2q8

they also just announced their 3rd (IRL) live for this summer

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

wow, it's even the same outfit

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I have changed my mind. The horses are idols, as well as handsome. They should go in the w@tch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBrhn1EdvY

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Revue Starlight Movie hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cRbp_8Gj1w

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I missed it when it happened, and I hear good things, so I'm gonna stream the Nijigasaki Shuffle Festival, where the seiyuu all perform each other's songs!

It's happening this Friday at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT/1am UTC at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time!!

Allarion posted:

Also for future reference for any newcomers for any google drive videos, cytube requires a userscript, using either tampermonkey or greasemonkey depending on your browser, so if you wanna set that up beforehand, just click here https://cytu.be/r/alsokotori

e: d2

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 3, 2021

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Shuffle Fes!!!

x

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I missed it when it happened, and I hear good things, so I'm gonna stream the Nijigasaki Shuffle Festival, where the seiyuu all perform each other's songs!

It's happening this Friday at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT/1am UTC at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time!!
e: d2

In ~90 minutes!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Boydols!

Join us, this Fourth of July, as we marathon stream Idolish7 Second Beat, the second season of the best idol anime ever made, and one of the best animes I've seen period.

You got about a week and a half to catch up if you haven't watched s1 + the OVAs!

After, we're going stream day 1 of Trigger Live Cross Valiant, a concert that's streaming that weekend.

All starting Sunday July 4th at 12pm PDT/3pm EDT/7pm UTC, at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time!

Accordingly, there will be no normal idolw@tch that day, nor murderwatch.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Idol Land Pripara's been delayed to 2022.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Trigger's seasonal roundup of idol anime:

Zombieland Saga THE REVENGE: I dunno what specifically it was, but ZLS2 didn't really catch my attention in the same way that the first season did. There were certainly funny moments and drama, but it feels like they were just hitting too many of the themes of the first season. Themes like yugiri NOT ACTUALLY GETTING A PROPER EPISODE TO HERSELF

wait, that was it?

Yeah, we didn't get any new seasonal shows so Idolwatch went deeper into the backlog to get another Utapri season and Cant finally relented on the policy of idolwatch being a :horse-glue: free zone. I've already given my (non-serious) thoughts on the latter and as it's really more a sports anime than an idol anime i'm not gonna review it seriously here (watch me break this policy in another season or two when the hockey idols anime comes on). As far as Utapri I don't really have new thoughts about it because my impressions are basically the same as season 3.

To make up for the lack of serious content im gonna post about Glass Mask (2005) next week, and this goes in the idolthread because Maya Kitajima dated an idol for like two episodes before Hayami ruined her life for the 2nd out of 5 times and that's enough to count. It's also basically the source material for Aurora Dream and a lot of other modern idol anime draws upon its themes, whether intentionally or not.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
excuse me sir where is the end of aikatsu as we know it roundup post

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
horses s2 counts as an idol anime because we watched it because I saw the climactic idol performance at the end of it and Nice Nature winked at me and she's super cute and also a love live

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
odd taxi is more of an idol anime than horse girls because it teaches us that all idols are criminals or dead

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
if I'd had even a hint of how good and idols Odd Taxi was going to be, it would absolutely have been the prew@tch instead of the incredibly mediocre snow white notes

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

I told you there were idols!!!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Strange Quark posted:

odd taxi is more of an idol anime than horse girls because it teaches us that all idols are criminals or dead

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I disagree with the criminal/dead bit, but the other half is solid.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
they hated him because he spoke the truth

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Miyutan is a criminal because she stole my heart

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

horses s2 counts as an idol anime because we watched it because I saw the climactic idol performance at the end of it and Nice Nature winked at me and she's super cute and also a love live

Strange Quark posted:

they hated him because he spoke the truth

:hmmyes:

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Horse girls were idols. Horse girls had always been idols.”

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Triggerhappypilot posted:

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Horse girls were idols. Horse girls had always been idols.”

:chanpop:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
should I finish OGkatsu (I'm stalled at episode 117 or something) or just go ahead with Aikatsu Friends (which is nice from what I've seen, but I do have a soft spot for Akari and friends)

Didn't like Stars that much (stopped before episode 20 or something)

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Well, you're past where I've gotten to in OGkatsu, so I can't help you there, and Stars is my favorite, so...

Friends has a pretty strong beginning, but kinda... peters out.

If you're wanting more children's idol anime and haven't watched any Pretty Rhythm, that's what I'd recommend, I think. Rainbow Live, while not the first installment, is a perfectly good entry point (heck, it was mine), or if you want to jump to pure zaniness, go to Pripara.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

That's a horribly difficult question.

That said, Akari (and her set) are probably my favorites, so I absolutely wouldn't fault you for just jumping ahead to them.

Similarly, I didn't like what I've watched of Friends. If I were advising myself, somehow, I'd probably say: "Watch S1, S3, S4, Stars, S2, and then whatever the hell."

Don't take this to mean S2 is bad, because it isn't. But from what I remember, it's very jokey. It's also very reliant on "partners," but it takes its time to get there.

More importantly, Akari cute, Akari puts in the effort.
Akari is Hoshimiya Ichigo.

S3–4 is probably my favorite Aikatsu, period.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I am less sure the horses are idols than I was before watching Horse Idol Cartoon. Two scenes does not make you an idol! Did we learn nothing from Gekidol?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The Revue Starlight movie was drat good. Everyone go watch it!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion posted:

The Revue Starlight movie was drat good. Everyone go watch it!

this

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
poo poo that post was from half a loving year ago. Ignore please

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 10, 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Consider supporting i☆Ris, if you're interested and able!

https://twitter.com/iRisAWAFlowerS/status/1156633182910988290

They're the voices for the main six of Pripara, and they're very good idols!

I support IRyS, does that count?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Get a new avatar fucker.

maybe you should take your own advice

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

maybe you should take your own advice

That's what my resolution is for, Squark!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
wow you only posted like 9 times in this thread before today

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the normie thread, I only post here when I want to annoy Can't or you.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
who posts in here that doesn't post in the other thread

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live is the best idol anime ever. I have now seen the light and wanted to preserve it in the thread.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
watch pretty rhythm dear my future so that you too can call zep your jeol-chin

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
someday I will make it so that more than one hype mia×hye-in douj is translated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
also, zep is my jeol-chin