Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Paracelsus posted:

That leg hyperextension is creeping me out.

I don't think the video quality for iOS's screen recording is that great.

Aikatsu: still full of idol activities

Lotta powerful idols

anyway,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I read like, part of the Jupiter story in the side M game, and that made me like Jupiter.

They really don't get a chance to do much besides be dickheads in say, the idolmaster anime. Even after they leave 961, they only really show up for a few seconds to make Haruka feel a bit better. Twice, even.

It's amazing what more than 30 seconds of characterization'll do to change your opinion.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Good timeline

Also, I assume that's 1pdt, 4 edt, 8 utc?
bad timeline

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I like how what I thought was the ED was actually just "nah I'm gonna go grab the rest of them real quick."

Good idolmastering, I'm glad the huge ramen made a cameo

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

relatable

Futaba Anzu posted:

i like idsol;l animres

relatable af

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

rapidly looping gif of bar charts

Polsy posted:

It's pretty uncommon because idol ages skew younger so it doesn't make sense for them to have had a different job, certainly not one that they've already sunk years into. It feels like SideM leans on that factor harder than the others anyway, though.

Isn't it actually a section on their bio? Side M seems proud of the wide array of careers they've snagged people from. Whereas in everything else, there's maybe a throwaway line about how they were a dancer or model or something. CG in particular seems to be pretty big on snagging people from other idol-like jobs.

Y'know, when you're not talking to random children in parks or whatever.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

That is some hellchart

Yep, right there on their profiles lol.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I’m pretty sure Ritsuko used his real name the first time around so he can’t really hide it.

Besides, that’s still better than Kaoru always walking around with a scalpel in the game, because that’s the portrait they went within for him. It’s funny that teru is always on the phone, it’s worrisome that kaoru is always waving around a scalpel.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

trust me, your friend shiho

some are better

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

in about two weeks?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I was mostly talking about the year. Since you put one in the title and all…

idols never end obviously

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I haven't even looked at the new pripara yet. I understand it has a rice cooker.

I also have like, half a week to go through a month and a half of aikatsu, to be caught up for what should be the christmastree felling episode.

Can't wait~

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

On the face of it, it sounds amazing. It's idols, but on ice skates. Plus the usual weird nonsense of pripara.From various people's cherry-picking on twitter, it's even more

On the other hand,

Kinda a hard sell. Aren't there like, four or five different series by now?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

KFC stream full of christmas episodes

That reminds me, I was watching digimon tri. I should probably finish that at some point.

Which digimon is sachiko

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Is that the one with uh, bell? and she goes nuts?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Happy Koharumas

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

can't believe idolwatch's history is full of hostile takeovers

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've rambled enough, but I enjoyed this a lot, and I'm excited for season 2, which is already 40 eps in. I believe Stars is scheduled to end entirely in 10 more episodes...

It gets even better~

I mean, there's still plenty of stupid poo poo and stuff that feels a bit like wasted time, but that's fine when you have an entire year to roll with. Also yes, RIP AiStars. On the plus side, I'm sure they'll a) end it properly, and b) this means none of that weird "we swear Ichigo isn't the protagonist anymore, but we're gonna sorta sideline the new one for half a year" sort of thing they did with OGkatsu. A clean break means no grooming some random underclassman to become the shiny new protagonist, after all.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yume and Laura have a very close friendship/rivalry, but you gotta have pretty strong goggles to see the yuri. Until the movie. The movie abandons all subtlety.
You don't need goggles if you take mezashite's translation of her catchphrase on its face~

Also akowns

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/side_mchicken/status/955444242943365120

King Roco is.

But mostly, helping get this a new page before it melts someone's phone or whatever.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uceCdnVT33o

Here's a PV for the new Aikatsu.
They've also put up the game machine MV for the debut song. I always forget how weird the game idols look compared to the tv ones.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

you can tell it's love when there's a tongue in your ear.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Like aikatsu says, but with more flying, I assume

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

but i'm allergic to zombies.

How zombies is it, on a scale of alive to horrible rotting abomination?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tamba posted:

There's a Discord?
Also, more Aikatsu, focusing on Dream Academy with Seira's sister as the main character.
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_anime/status/1236592935824588800

There's also new aikatsu in the autumn, on actual tv instead of the internet. I don't really get why, but apparently that's important to people on the internet, based on the responses to the dream academy thing being a web anime.

https://twitter.com/aikatsu_anime/status/1236593078221148162

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

odd taxi is more of an idol anime than horse girls because it teaches us that all idols are criminals or dead

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I disagree with the criminal/dead bit, but the other half is solid.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Triggerhappypilot posted:

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Horse girls were idols. Horse girls had always been idols.”

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

That's a horribly difficult question.

That said, Akari (and her set) are probably my favorites, so I absolutely wouldn't fault you for just jumping ahead to them.

Similarly, I didn't like what I've watched of Friends. If I were advising myself, somehow, I'd probably say: "Watch S1, S3, S4, Stars, S2, and then whatever the hell."

Don't take this to mean S2 is bad, because it isn't. But from what I remember, it's very jokey. It's also very reliant on "partners," but it takes its time to get there.

More importantly, Akari cute, Akari puts in the effort.
Akari is Hoshimiya Ichigo.

S3–4 is probably my favorite Aikatsu, period.