Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

IDOLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Polsy posted:

I have no idea what the game actually looks like, I don't even have it installed. That fits with the impression I have, though.

🤔

I'm on a journey

to scale the southwest face of Mt. Im@s

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

:tviv:

The entire chat went mad when we got to this part.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Allarion posted:

King of Prism is amazing.

Now everyone watch Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live like I keep telling you too!

DO IT

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

IDOLPOCALYPSE 2: THE REVENGE

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Well, the season has ended again, so it's time for trigger's seasonal roundup of idol show reviews:

Gekidol: Gekidol is what I imagine having amnesia to be like. You start off with a recognizable principle (they're idols who do stage performances), throw in a bit of technodrama conspiracy bullshit (they have an acting robot and a 360 degree VR system) and then you proceed along those lines. Except the next episode they've already skipped to the part where the acting robot is driving people insane with the TRUE MEANING OF ENTERTAINMENT and suddenly the main character that you had last episode is completely irrelevant to the plot and now the robot is trying to NTR the side character you thought didn't matter and it's all just a play and you feel like you've missed 12 episodes that were supposed to go in between the 12 you actually watched. 5/10 for the robot cuckoldry alone.

Uma Musume S2: Banned from idolwatch by the tyrant Cantaloupe out of 10

Wixoss: Diva Live: This is a card game show masquerading as an idol show except they don't explain how the card game works (typical for Wixoss so far as I am told) so in reality it's pretty much a shounen tournament arc masquerading as a card game show masquerading as an idol show. Saved by some funny moments but not really memorable beyond that. I'll give it a 6/10.

I star Chu: Halfway to the idol: Boydol shows in general tend not to catch my interest unless they are actually funny (Idolish7) or wacky enough to hold my attention (Kinpri, Hypmic, Utapri to a lesser extent) and this falls into neither category. I fell off this one pretty hard when the principal who looks suspiciously like an off-brand monokuma was not in fact running a death game to decide who gets to be the idol. Recommend this show to Squark for a fun surprise. 5/10

Idoly Pride:
3/10 for narrative cowardice

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Trigger's seasonal roundup of idol anime:

Zombieland Saga THE REVENGE: I dunno what specifically it was, but ZLS2 didn't really catch my attention in the same way that the first season did. There were certainly funny moments and drama, but it feels like they were just hitting too many of the themes of the first season. Themes like yugiri NOT ACTUALLY GETTING A PROPER EPISODE TO HERSELF

wait, that was it?

Yeah, we didn't get any new seasonal shows so Idolwatch went deeper into the backlog to get another Utapri season and Cant finally relented on the policy of idolwatch being a :horse-glue: free zone. I've already given my (non-serious) thoughts on the latter and as it's really more a sports anime than an idol anime i'm not gonna review it seriously here (watch me break this policy in another season or two when the hockey idols anime comes on). As far as Utapri I don't really have new thoughts about it because my impressions are basically the same as season 3.

To make up for the lack of serious content im gonna post about Glass Mask (2005) next week, and this goes in the idolthread because Maya Kitajima dated an idol for like two episodes before Hayami ruined her life for the 2nd out of 5 times and that's enough to count. It's also basically the source material for Aurora Dream and a lot of other modern idol anime draws upon its themes, whether intentionally or not.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

I told you there were idols!!!!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

odd taxi is more of an idol anime than horse girls because it teaches us that all idols are criminals or dead

Miyutan is a criminal because she stole my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Horse girls were idols. Horse girls had always been idols.”