Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm still not sure what to think of it apart from the fact it makes me want to read 20th century boys again and that I couldn't get into Monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

I liked it, and it was nice seeing Homura-Chan again :unsmith:

I would have been fine if she never showed up again, it made the segment she's from special

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think it's hosed up that the Girlymatsus exist in the same universe as the brothers

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This week's episode was good, it seems like it's every other ep that's good

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

I think it's hosed up that the Girlymatsus exist in the same universe as the brothers

in season three they will attend the same mixer and detest each other

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
god drat it this series is amazing

this and gintama are basically my favorites

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

in season three they will attend the same mixer and detest each other

They're gonna end up in some really weird pairings

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/bunnycartoon/status/936805143290421248

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh my god

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can't believe Iyami is a smuggler

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
is it possible to pleasure a woman after you have been castrated? asking for a friend

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Totoko is a massive piece of poo poo and I love her

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The slow motion replay of Jyushimatsu vs. Chibita got me good.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Supersonic Shine posted:

The slow motion replay of Jyushimatsu vs. Chibita got me good.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Chibita got his revenge but probably lost more money than the tab was worth paying all those people off.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad they fired Totty

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

track day bro! posted:

I'm glad they fired Totty

Fucker HELD HANDS

There's just no room for depraved poo poo like that on a family program like Osomatsu.

Glad I caught up.

The pants sketch in episode 12 was just weird with no punchline, but the New Years episode just kept going in the best way.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It honestly surprises me how long it took me to realize Totty wasn't anywhere to be found. I only realized it during the Jizo Statue part, since it was the first where all of the Matsus were together except him. That was a drat good gag though, I laughed.

I'll miss Michaelmatsu.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
This episode was loving amazing. gently caress you, Fappymatsu. That's what you get for trying to be different!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Every single OP for this show is absolutely amazing :swoon:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Even Goku studied under Iyami.....

Also last ep was real good

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Choromatu trying to turn a new leaf for the new year was the funniest goddamn thing.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I'm not sure what I could say about the last episode but I just wanted to post here that I like this show, I like how they're always going for different poo poo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

I'm not sure what I could say about the last episode but I just wanted to post here that I like this show, I like how they're always going for different poo poo.

Yeah. For good and ill, the show's willing to go for it. What it is, nobody can guess, but it goes for it all the same.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
They know how to hit me in the feels, Iyami is a real good guy for sure.

The only thing we haven't had is an insane episode like the wacky races one in season 1

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Incredible episode. The return of the begging gag in Totoko's room was great

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
president dekapan

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kind of a weak episode this week until the sextuplets decided to just make their own chocolate. That part was the best combination of genuinely heartwarming, weird as poo poo and passive-aggresive. I laughed. What followed was very good too, death to cacao.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This show has really improved in the second half. The meta gag this ep was awesome

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That final gag almost made me fall out of my chair :roflolmao:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

me is so tired...

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Creeped me out when he switched his voice :whitewater:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's impressive that this episode made an emotional impact on me despite the fact that it's most likely going to go back to business as usual for the finale.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's impressive that this episode made an emotional impact on me despite the fact that it's most likely going to go back to business as usual for the finale.

It's kind of lame that they're just reusing the fakeout from season one, unless they do something really funny with it. But that's been most of this season honestly

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
The previous time I remember the episode feeling way more sad and serious. Also had some slightly different takes on their working lives, it was all about Working Hard.

This time the episode felt more bittersweet, with some jokes here and there. And work itself didn't seem to make a huge dramatic impact on their lives, it was more about the little things that changed.

No idea how they'll end the show though. How many layers of fakeout are we in?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm kind of disappointed they ended it with a fakeout again. The finale was fine and I liked the final rush with all the characters but overall it was unfortunately a reflection of season 2 as a whole, a repeat of all the good parts of s1 without as much charm. Even though this season got better in the second half it relied way more on outright referential humor than the first season, which had this nonsensical pastiche thing going on. This season was also less outright weird and failed to mine any more conversational/daily life humor out of the brothers outside of the mixer ep. There were also a lot of outright terrible episodes right at the beginning like the Jyuushimatsu dolphin ep.

Here are the eps I liked so you don't have to watch the bad ones:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
There was a serious lack of girlymatsus in that big ending scene.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

There was a serious lack of girlymatsus in that big ending scene.

I just realized that as well. They must truly exist in a different dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

It felt like they were really forcing Jyushimatsu this season, the dolphin one and the one where he makes friends with the little kid were both pretty lame. With all the in-jokes about how popular he is, it's like they're pandering to fans by shoving him in more episodes but not giving him anything funny to do. And I like Jyushimatsu.
Best episodes for me were the summer special, chibita's revenge, choromatsu gets a hairdo, and super detergent.
I'm good with the show ending here, unless they really get some good material for a new season.

• Locked thread