Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Pyotr
PP: 1| XP: 14

Pete let out a snort and placed Blink and Jubilee down on the ground with a surprising amount of gentleness. "Subtle is for people who can not juggle pickup trucks," he shrugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
From out of one of the second floor windows came Nocturne, nimbly bouncing off several surfaces including Colossus's shoulder before she landed on the ground and straightened up. "Not five seconds after we finally get everyone to calm down, it's all over. Has anyone seen Adam? Mr. Valentine. He was supposed to be with the rest of the faculty."

Indoors, Emma/Illyana was getting more talkative, which was a good sign considering what had happened to her, but it did mean she was getting more opinionated as well.

"If I admired what they did, I wouldn't have risked my life defecting, you know," she said irritably. "I just understand what they're capable of, especially since I was one of their top assets. Threat analysis is one of the first things they stick in your brain at spy school."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pyotr grunted as he felt Nocturne land on his shoulder before springboarding away. She was not as light as she thought she was, and in his non-metal form he was crazy strong by human standards, not crazy strong by mutant standards. "I have not," he said. He dropped his voice a bit more. "I think I maybe damaged his car. Also- How is Illyana? Is... are things better?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Hm?" Nocturne paused in biting her thumbnail to replay the question in her head. "Oh... yes, I think? I was mostly trying to keep an eye on the younger kids and, aha, I only have the one. James is holding down the fort right now, but he is... not good with people, as you know."

Dr. James Bradley, whose mutant name might as well have been "Doctor" for how much he insisted people address him as such, taught biology and a few other subjects. He was high-strung, a bit absent-minded, and liked to nap a lot. Being in charge of anything was not his idea of a good time.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

"As for looking for someone, might it not be easier to ask the Professor? We can see with our eyes, can see with his-" a pause. "Brain? Is brain right word?" he asked, looking around the assembled group. "Are you thinking that he has been taken or something?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Jean Grey
PP: 1 | XP: 6

"I didn't mean-", Jean starts to Illyana, and squints before just sighing and sitting back. "Look, I get that they're a big deal. But we're a big deal. We beat the Brotherhood, we saved New York, we've shown these guys the boot twice. We're the X-Men. Now they know. Question is, what are we going to do about it before they do?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 14| Stress:

Clarice squeaked as she was put down. It didn't really help the scowl she was trying to form at Jane, of course, but Nocturne appearing out of nowhere on top of Pyotr distracted her, anyway.

"So, we're missing Mr. Valentine?" She piped up - it seemed like people were sort of circling around that. She nodded at Pyotr's use of the word Brain. "Good enough, that or mind or uh...thoughts?" She tries to be helpful. "Usually when I misplace something it's uh...well I guess it could end up being anywhere, really." She sheepishly self-corrects. "But Mr. Valentine would probably be findable with either Jean or the Professor...I'd uh, think." Unintentional pun, drat.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 26

Jane shoots Blink a bit of a smirk, given the gravitas-ruining squeak, but she's more immediately worried about the disappearance of Mr. Valentine. That was her plan for tracking down the maker of the tech-in-the-boxes, but... well, she had a really good nose. If he was anywhere on the property, she should be able to draw a bead. If not, well, they already knew that the chess freaks liked to come and go mysteriously. That made an easy suspect.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"I am hoping he's just being his usual self and has gone to try fixing everything by himself, rather than in the back of some windowless van or something, yes," Nocturne replied to Colossus, somewhat tersely.

The scent of Mr. Valentine was a mix of engine oils, ozone, fresh laundry, and cheap cologne. At least to the super-sensitive nose of Wolverine, anyway, and Wolfsbane too. He never really went anywhere, so there were plenty of old scent trails criss-crossing the grounds and the mansion. But the strongest was back inside, in the direction of the front foyer where the X-Men had been blinked back from the chess tournament.

It seemed like he hadn't gone anywhere when the intruder alarm had gone off. He hadn't moved at all since bringing the Professor back inside. He was just sat there, on the bottom of the stairs, with the severed mechanical arm of the mysterious would-be assassin from the tournament. The one that Wolverine had brought back, and he was just staring at it blankly.

"Adam! Was in Gottes Namen– what are you doing just sitting here?" Nocturne sounded furiously concerned, hands on her hips. When she got no reply, she took a step closer and whispered something that only Wolverine and Wolfsbane could pick up with their heightened hearing. That didn't get a response either.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

"You will have to forgive me for thinking that the worst possible thing could happen. We have had such a clean run of things being easy and lovely," muttered Pete as he folded his arms following Nocturne's chiding.

He shook his head and cleared his throat as she left. He looked between Lee and Clarice. "I will probably go and check on Jean and Illyanna and- if you wanted to come I would be okay with that," he said with a shrug. Dude sounded kind of scared.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Blink watches the exchange between Nocturne and Colossus. For a second she's willing to give Pyotr his space again, especially now that the immediate threat of empty soldiers was over with, but then he asked her (well, and Starbright) to go with him. In his sulky Pyotr-y sort of way, that is.

"Yeah...yeah sure!" She says, a bit too obviously excited about the prospect before she quickly takes a half step back, metaphorically. "I...I mean, it's not like I've got anything else going on anyway."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane gives Nocturne a strange look at that. That couldn't be right... could it? A moment later, she shakes her head. The world's weird enough that it was possible, even if it was certainly a story worth telling. She puts her hand on the mutant's shoulder and says, "Hey, I'm no expert, but it looks like some kind of mind whammy. I bet Jean and the Professor are going to know what to do. You want to give me a hand walking him over that way?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"I– I don't know if it's, uh, a whammy exactly," said Nocturne a little too fast, perhaps aware that Wolverine had overheard her. "Adam's mind is surprisingly resistant to psychic intrusion, and... he gets like this sometimes. I think he's analysing that arm to see how it works, or something, I don't exactly know how–"

"I made this," said Forge quietly, making Nocturne do a double-take.

"Huh?"

"It was in a dream," continued Forge, sounding faraway. "A nightmare. I was locked away in a dark and tiny room, chained up, and a... piece of paper came under the door. It had instructions written on it that I couldn't refuse. I had to... design an arm. This arm. I made... this arm."

He let it slip out from his fingers and clatter to the floor. "I keep having that dream, all the time. Years now, I fall asleep and I'm... trapped in that tiny room, in the dark, all alone... and paper comes under the door... and I make things. So many terrible, terrible things... and for all this time I've been reassuring myself that it's always been a bad dream. But it's real. I made it."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pyotr heads to the med bay.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane looks at Nocturne, assuming that's going to make more sense to her, saying, "Well, uh. We should probably tell the Professor about that, right?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Yes, that's, ah... definitely a Professor thing?" Nocturne sounded about equally as sure. "Adam, let's just put the metal arm down and go see Charles, shall we? There we go..."

In the Professor's study, Illyana was sitting upright and fidgeting, like she was waiting out the last 30 seconds of microwave popcorn. The Professor gave a terse smile to Pyotr as he came into the room, that communicated the general desire for him to do something to distract his sister.

"You know, I did offer to remove everything they put in. Which would make this go much, much faster for everyone involved," the Professor said.

"The bomb and the programming I can do without, but I can drive a car blindfolded and speak six languages fluently," said Illyana with a sly smile. "Not to mention a number of other useful skills. I'd have to spend twenty years getting that all back if you just reformatted my brain like a malfunctioning laptop. Hello, brother."

The last two words were delivered with a wide smile and wide eyes, and an excitable wiggle that was tempered by the Professor idly swatting the side of her head. "Keep still, please, we're almost done."

"Does the physical location of my mind really matter in this?"

"No, it's just very annoying and I have to concentrate."

Nocturne came in next, shepherding Forge along. "Sorry, Charles, but there's another brain for you to look at when you're done."

"And here all I wanted to do was enjoy chess for an evening," sighed the Professor.

"Pawn to e4," said Illyana. "If you promise not to peek."

"I'll do my best. Knight to f6."

"Knight to f3," replied Illyana, still looking at Pyotr. "So, now that I'm not dying, we should... talk properly."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Clarice crosses her arms and narrows her eyes a bit at Illiyana - her reaction was understandable but Blink wasn't precisely the trusting type. And she had been SHOT at today, and this time for something that wasn't even her fault! That's definitely something that would upset most people, right!?

Still, she waited for Pyotr to say something - it was his sister, ostensibly.

But erh, she was telepathic too, right? Oh crap, what if SHE was reading Clarice's mind right now? Then she'd know well...too much of everything! Uh, thinking about puppies, and rainbows and definitely not anything else! Just puppies and rainbows!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Figuring it'd be a bit rude to interrupt Pete and his sister's long-awaited reunion and not being any closer to getting the question of 'what the heck is up with Valentine?' answered, Jane contents herself with leaning against the wall and smirking at Clarice's ongoing internal strife. She says, "C'mon, Blunk, nobody needs to be psychic to see what you're thinking."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey

Jean is flopped over on a nearby couch, having taken down more than her share of plain painkillers, awaiting, if not blessed relief, at least blessed dullness. The bottle of pills floats over her, flipping over idly like some sort of fidgeting. "You alright?", she says, shifting her gaze over to Clarice. "Things have been pretty dramatic today, but you did great." She offers a tired smile.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 17| Stress:

Normally, Clarice would say she's lucky to be pink, since it would mean people couldn't see her embarrassment, but clearly Jane had every intention of bullying her and drawing attention to her discomfort! Great, just great.

"It's...it's Blink, you...you...jerk!" Ok, slinging insults wasn't her strong suit, but she stamped her foot in what she hoped was a clear expression of her anger. She was super careful not to bring up the other part of the other girl's comment - though it probably was super obvious to everyone!

Jean was...kind of going the other way with it though? Which was unexpected, but, not unwelcome or anything. Especially since Lee had apparently been stricken dumb somewhere along the way and Pyotr was understandably distracted. She ignored Jane and turned her attention towards Jean, graciously, exhaling. "Th-thanks. I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere useful without your directions, though..." she pauses for a second and adds. "I mean, uh, I was happy to help." She inhales, still super embarrassed. "But I uh, I should go lay down, all those portals take a lot out of me." They didn't, really. But it was a good excuse. Nodding towards Jean again, and Pyotr, she turns on her heel, very pointedly not acknowledging Wolverine, and heads out of the room.

Since Jane is being a poop and not letting Clarice hide her nervousness, I'm going to take 3 xp for my milestone.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Rene - Wolfsbane
PP: 1 | XP: 19 | Complications:

Rene followed Blink. Tapping her shoulder. "Hey, just. Well done. I know getting into the middle of a gun fight is very scary. But you did well. Thanks, Clarice." She smiled warmly. "Get some rest, okay?"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

"We should," said Pyotr.

He glanced around the room and at his sister. He was standing a few feet from her as she shifted and wiggled a little. There was that awkward distance between them and a tension in the air. Obviously he wanted to say more but, given the present company and his generally toxic stoicism unless-it-was-anger-or-bravado-laced-flirting, it was a lot more stilted than he'd like.

"I have been practicing my English," he said with a nod. "I am- getting there, I think," he said. Still not using contractions and his idioms were still kind of all over the place. He folded his arms over his chest and then brought them back down to stuff his hands in his pockets. She'd changed a lot in the time he'd been away - older, more confident and with a sense of composition that he wasn't used to seeing her with. She was holding court, almost. The White Queen indeed. No glasses and whoever had done this, they'd closed the gap between her two front teeth. God, she was a slip of a person next to him though - his arms probably weighed as much as she did.

"Hey, so- I should introduce you to everyone," he said. "This is Jane. She has knives in her hands, can heal from anything and she has missing parts of her memory which- is that like a thing you have now?" he asked. He nodded over to Rene. "This is Rene. She can turn into a wolf and- and I do not understand what she says a lot. Her accent is... толстый." He points at Jean. "That's Jean and she is probably going to be a better psychic than the Professor by the end of the year. She was at the school before I arrived but we have been on the team for the longest time. This," he said, pointing to Clarice, "is Clarice and she can make holes in the air that go to other places. It makes a cool sound, and when she gets stressed out her accent slips into another one that I can not understand. There is another girl, very goth, named Lee who- can make bright explosions and another called Kia who can control the weather." A pause from him. "She comes and goes."

Then, something weird dawned on Pete. He looked at the Professor.

"Is there, like- a gender component to mutation because- you know?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps the universe has a wry sense of humour, after I decided to call the team the X-Men," replied the Professor. "I should stress that the thought wasn't mine to begin with, however. Pawn to d5."

"You've still not seen Inception, have you?" Nocturne asked, eliciting a small sigh from the Professor.

"I look forward to getting a chance to get to know them all properly," said Illyana, looking around at the group. "You know, when nobody's being shot at or dying. I'd introduce you to all the friends I made at my school, but they'd probably just start shooting at us again."

She giggled quietly to herself with her hand over her mouth, a familiar habit that Pyotr recognised. She was still Illyana in there, underneath all the Emma. "Sorry for laughing, but I'm just... I'm really happy to be out of there. You can't imagine what it was like, but trust me when I say it was nowhere I'd like to be heading back to in a hurry. Oh, and bishop to b5."

On her way back to her room, Clarice joined the mingling of students all shuffling back to the dorms now that the emergency was over, although a few were making a beeline to the kitchens, undoubtedly for a bout of comfort food.

"Hey!" It was Rita, tugging gently but very firmly on Clarice's sleeve, almost enough to cause the older mutant down to Rita's level. "Sorry, but, um... there's sort of... could we talk for a bit? Please? Everyone else is really busy and I don't think any of the... um... regular students would understand anyway."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee
PP: 3 | XP: 8

“Oh, yeah, cuz everyone’s so regular here,” Lee replies to Rita as she falls in behind Clarice, zipping up her newly-retrieved hoodie. “Hey, sorry,” she gumblingly adds to her friend. “Didn’t mean to ditch you, I just-“ She gestures half-heartedly at the hoodie before scoffing and rolling her eyes. “Y’know.”

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Wow, sheesh, I just meant it's an X-Men kind of thing," sighed Rita, rubbing the side of her head. "But I get it, we're all weird around here. Thanks."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Lee
PP: 3 | XP: 8

“Oh for fu-“ Lee starts, before a minimum of self-control at least stops her swearing at a literal child. “hhhhhalright,” she sighs, crouching to Rita’s height and fixing her with the friendliest smile she can force. “So, what’s the problem, munchkin? Who needs beating up?” Guess talking with Clarice herself would have to wait.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink
PP: 1|XP: 18| Stress:

Clarice sort of prickles a moment at Rene's compliment, given her uh...girlfriend?...was the one who had set Blink off on whatever emotional dustup was happening at the moment. But, she bites back whatever snark was about to issue forth with a "uh...thanks. No problem!" Cheerily. Obviously too cheerily given what had just happened, but, nevertheless.

Nabbing an xp for overcompensating to cover up a misgiving

Continuing on, it's only another second until Rita, the younger girl, tugs on her sleeve, and Lee finally catches up. Clarice lets the two of them bicker for a moment before sort of interposing herself.

"Okay, okay then!" She puts a hand on Lee's shoulder as she stoops down, mostly to stop her friend from getting too ahead of herself with Rita, who obviously wanted to ask Blink something. "I know what you mean, about everyone always seeming too busy, that is." She says to Rita's original statement. "What's up?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey

Sitting and then standing up, Jean squints. "I really need to figure out how to boss around my pain receptors.", she says to herself quietly, rubbing her neck. "Could just be psychosomatic." She looks to Xavier. "Maybe it's time for a new name, Professor? X-Club? X-League? X-Force?" She shakes her head. "Okay, it's harder than it sounds. Maybe... we need to ex the X. We'd all need new uniforms, though..." She looks up to Peter. "... okay, I'm just thinking out loud now and should stop while I'm behind."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane gives Nocturne a touch of side-eye, trying to figure out what she had meant by that comment earlier. How the heck would that even work...?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

"I have just finished making you sound like you are the big brain, Jean-" muttered Pete under his breath. He looked back at Illyanna and smiled. "Honestly, if you are waiting for the perfect time to do something where we're not being shot at then- you will probably be waiting a long time," he said with another of his big idiot guffaws.

He waited for a moment and glanced down at the ground, and then over at the Professor.

"Not to- tone shift too hard but- they came to our home, Professor. Whoever they are, they came to our home and attacked us..."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Rita looked from Clarice to Blink and then glanced around to make sure nobody was eavesdropping. All the same, she lowered her voice. "I think there's someone spying on us when we go out."

In the Professor's study, Illyana shifted awkwardly in her seat. "The school has been under surveillance ever since the New York incident, after the Professor here revealed his mutant status live on national television. I can't say for sure, but I got the feeling that he's always been on file somewhere as an agitator, and the controlling forces behind the Project decided he would be better off... removed."

"I'm almost flattered," said the Professor, gently prising the robotic limb from Forge's grasp. "There we go, Adam. I'd like to take a look inside your mind now, if that's all right. Both of them, if possible. Would you let me do that?"

"The Project doesn't know you have multiple mutants on staff," added Illyana. "If that's any help at all. In fact, I don't remember seeing him in the briefing at all."

"Adam's more outside the system than most," Nocturne said, and then paused. "What do you mean, multiple mutants?"

"More than two?" Illyana replied, sounding just as puzzled. "We were briefed on the school as a front, gifted and troubled youth used as a cover for a concentrated mutant presence. Upwards of twenty individuals, including faculty."

She looked around the room, settling on Pyotr with a concerned expression. "Right?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Clarice narrows her eyes at the supposition from the younger girl. Part of it could be an overactive imagination, but between a multitude of psychics and weird teleporting robot-things, and well...

...general mutant...ness...she wasn't sure that's what Rita was getting at, so instead she nods. "Okay...why do you think that, Rita? Or, uh...should we go somewhere less obvious to have this conversation?"

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

"Most of the people here are just children," said Pete. "It is- it is not like everyone is X-Man level of ability. Those of us that can go out there and fight do so but-" he paused. "It is not like we go out looking for a fight. We react to things and-" he grinned. "When brotherhood attacked New York we reacted. Then the next day we went through there digging out rubble and delivering aid. That's what we do."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jean Grey

"Give me until the end of the year, Peter.", Jean replies, and then looks to the Professor. "He makes a good point. Especially after New York, we have to figure out where some of these monsters are hiding in the dark..." She looks to Illyana, her mouth twisting a little. "No offense. I've seen some really unpleasant things in people's heads in the last week. There isn't a nicer word for some of these people that aren't four-letter ones."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"Because I saw someone when we were going to the tournament and I just realised that I knew him from somewhere! Back at the mall when... things happened! You weren't there for that, actually," Rita added. "But it's true! He was at the mall and he bumped into me by accident, and then he was..."

She frowned and looked thoughtful, then her eyes went wide. "Nevermind it's nothing I gotta get going bye!"

She didn't have any sort of running abilities, but she was off down the hallway like a shot all the same.

In the Professor's study, Nocturne noticed Wolverine's look, and nodded toward the door. Once the two of them were outside, she gave a quizzical shrug. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

Meanwhile Illyana was listening intently to what was being said and her smile was fading into concern. "Sorry, but you're... there are over one hundred students in this place, and you're..."

"Mutants. Every single one of us in here, every single one of them out there," said the Professor. "Every student, every former student, every member of staff."

"Statistically that's impossible," said Illyana, more loudly than she may have meant to. "It's impossible! You would need..."

"A device that reads, enhances, and amplifies the mental activity of the mutant brain on six key waveforms," said Forge suddenly, still a bit out of it but with some part of his mind still working. "Under the correct biological inputs, maximum range has been recorded at fifty two thousand, five hundred and nine point two two kilometres, an increase of effect equal to almost eight thousand percent."

"We call it Cerebro, though," the Professor added with a helpful smile. "Rolls off the tongue better, don't you think?"

"Oh, nobody knows anything about you," Illyana whispered, half to herself, looking very deflated.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine

Jane follows Nocturne out into the hall. She shakes her head, "Nah, nothing like that. I've just got good ears. Real good ears. And something you said earlier has been rattling around in my head." She meets Nocturne's gaze. "So he's your dad, huh?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
"He's a dad," sighed Nocturne. "When I was younger, younger than you are now, I... lost my parents, along with my eye and a lot of goodwill toward the world in general. Charles provided me a place to live, here, but Adam and Rachael were there to make it a home."

She cast a glance over her shoulder, back at the study, and sighed again. "He wasn't my father, but he made terrible pancakes and told stupid jokes and took... took us all out for trips, sometimes."

Her tailed flicked up to wipe away a tear from her one good eye. "Sometimes, family is just what you can hold on to, for as long as you can."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Wolverine
PP: 4 | XP: 27

Jane leans against the wall while Nocturne vents. She wasn't sure what she'd expected, but it sure wasn't that. She finally says, "Yeah, I guess." A beat. "With the stuff we deal with around here, I'd halfway expected one of you to be from the future." She falls silent, holding her hand up and looking at it. Slowly, deliberately, the claws pierce outward. Jane looks at them a moment longer, then says, "It must be nice. I don't have any of that." She laughs, a sharp and humorless chuckle. "Unless you count the guy that did this to me."

She flicks the claws back in — they do tend to make people nervous — and says, "Sometimes I worry that after all the sessions, all the remembering..." She trails off, then adds quietly, "...there won't be anything before the Weapon stuff. I'll just find out I'm what they always said I was."

+1XP for discussing struggles with the past!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blink

Clarice was about to say something to the effect of "woah slow down a second" to the very quickly speaking girl, but then Rita very quickly took off.

Blink spared half a second to glance at Lee, and then against her better judgement, took off after her. Something about this felt kind of like...er, well, her. Clarice, that is. The message seemed important too, and that was worth following up on. But also her sort of verbal 180 on everything reminded Clarice of herself, in a way. And well, if something did happen to spook her suddenly, Clarice wanted to know what that was, too!

Hey uh, should I be rolling something to catch up to this kid? Or should I be trying to catch up to this kid!? Lemme know!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pyotr

Pete smiled at Illyanna as she seemed to wither.

"That is probably a big part of why they come at us as often as they do. They do not know enough about us," said Pete. "We have lessons here in everything from how home economics to humanistic and mutant philosophy. You will fit in great here," he grinned knowing that Illyanna joining the school was already a foregone conclusion, right?