Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a computer takes a lot of stuff out of the earth. we use computers for a relatively short time. it is not right to do this, to take from the earth without giving something in return.

we should therefore ban computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
computer is Bad News!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

[img-computer_in_swamp.jpg.exe] :twisted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i hate computer.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

we'll send you and you're poasts into the earth as penance, op

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

people and their inventions are not separate from the environment but of it. computer is the environment, and it's bad

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

my bitter bi rival posted:

i hate computer.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Cat Face Joe posted:

we'll send you and you're poasts into the earth as penance, op

I hope to return to the earth one day. But you have already read my posts and they will live on in u

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

OldAlias posted:

people and their inventions are not separate from the environment but of it. computer is the environment, and it's bad

I thought people were special and were given dominion over the earth by god. I agree that people are not separate from the environment but we must surely have some responsibility over it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

BONGHITZ posted:

I hope to return to the earth one day. But you have already read my posts and they will live on in u

buddha bless y~

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
computer is mans ultimate dominance of the environment. we take the environment and turn it into computer which lets us turn more environment into computer.

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
when will the flood come, to take away all computer? I think this time we should not build the boat, to take two of each computer on it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

it is not right to do this, to take from the earth without giving something in return.
Just dump it back in the ground when you're done with it. Problem solved.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
In my culture, we use every part of the computer

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
from computer you came,
from computer shall you return.

computis es et in computem reverteris

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Computers last longer than ever. Is this because people are becoming more attached to them? Perhaps someday we'll marry a computer. Until then I'm optimistic that people will buy fewer computers, but use them longer.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

technology bad rawr rawr rawr I agree OP

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
compujter is a dying breed. in the future there will be no computer - iPhone and iWrist cannot be stopped! :wth:!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
computer

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i use virtual environments for my code. This way i can have several different versions of my favorite libraries at the same time

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

In my culture, we use every part of the computer

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

in russia they just use a pencil

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i wonder how many wasted cycles there are compared to useful cycles. but how do you assume a cycle is useful, and how do we use those cycles to make things better on this straight/LGTBQ earth?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
we used to poo poo in the environment which causes diseases and other bad things. now we turn poo poo into posts and feed it to the computer, which stores it forever safely. net benefit for the computer.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

hifi posted:

in russia they just use a pencil

in soviet kkkapitalist russia, computer is you!!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

that's why we make sure children burn computer with fire and acid, to return the smoke to the sky,and the ash to the earth, and the copper to the scrap dealer

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

don't believe her lies

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

she has a huge hand

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

apps 4 the rain forest

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

BONGHITZ posted:

she has a huge hand

:goonsay:

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Only if this is at the top of a second page.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

*tosses away inkjet cartridge because only the yellow and blue inks have run out*

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I'm saving the environment!*

*stupid font uses the same amount of toner as the default fonts from Office 2007+, looks like poo poo, and has terrible spacing that results in more wasted paper.

Yes I actually had to quantify this poo poo at a previous job to tell the people requesting it to gently caress off. Microsoft already has your back on this, don't worry about. Set narrow margins and double-sided printing instead

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

When I enabled duplexing by default in our environment some guy wrote be a big lovely letter complaining about my Crusade Against The Paper Industry, like my company existed to subsidize the forestry industry that continues to post record revenue year over year

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

When I enabled duplexing by default in our environment some guy wrote be a big lovely letter complaining about my Crusade Against The Paper Industry, like my company existed to subsidize the forestry industry that continues to post record revenue year over year

did he come from a family of lumberjacks or what

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah, brother worked at a paper mill or something. This was back in the mid 2000's and since then total sales have sorta flatlined but the industry is maintaining a 15% margin so that guy can eat a dick

code:
				2011	2012	2013	2014	2015
Revenue (in billion US$)	98.5	106	103.2	95.79	96.1
Net income (in billion US$)	4.21	5.79	7.11	5.47	4.27
EBITDA margin (in %)		13.9	14.6	17.2	15	15
ROCE				6.2	6.8	8.7	5	10

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i use notepad++ for the environment, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting