Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of the manga, but the adaption so far isn't really selling itself as an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That's beautiful.

Also, i look forward to the epilogue where asta is an old priest running the church with sister Lily.
Stay strong, Asta.

Just imagine an old man doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4

For hours and hours on end

khy fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 11, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HAS THE SCREAMING STOPPED YET?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
mostly, yeah. It'll never fully go away.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think Black Clover got a pretty solid OP/ED as far as music goes. OP is weirdly low-budget on the animated parts in places but I liked the book aesthetic- they could've done more with it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

khy posted:

Just imagine an old man doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4

For hours and hours on end

holy poo poo did someone steal the op video and slap their lovely watermark on it

e: ive been informed that this is wrong!!!

Erg fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 11, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

THIS EPISODE ENDS LITERALLY ONE MINUTE IN REAL TIME AFTER THE LAST ONE LMBO THIS SHOW OWNS SO MUCH

THE ONLY THING I LEARNED FROM THAT FLASHBACK IS THAT ASTA HAS BEEN HITTING ON SISTER LILY HIS ENTRIE LIFE. HE DECIDED TO BECOME THE WIZARD KING LITERALLY JUST TO IMPRESS HER. SISTER LILY PROBABLY CHANGED HIS DIAPERS LAMO

I GIVE THIS EPISODE AN aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA out of aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just finished episode 1 so far, haven't read the manga and man I couldn't help but notice that the OP here left out the description which makes this show sound like yet another anime adapted from the never-ending stream of the most generic light novel trash ever despite not being a light novel??? Protag has no magic and is maligned for it, gasp, but SURPRISE he actually does have magic and it's the rarest (and bestest) magic ever!!

Also the screaming was annoying at first, then it clicked that it was just Shonen Screaming but for dialogue instead so it was a good gag... and then it just kept going and going and it became annoying again... and then he was doing one-armed push ups in a cavern and his internal monologue was screaming and it owned again.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It's still not actually magic, i think

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Okay, there's episode 2 finished and.. it being mostly flashback was kinda ehhhh. The bit after the generic guy gave up trying to steal the pendant because, uh, reasons was sorta cute though and made me care more about Yuno than Asta, by far, though. I can totally see Asta being literally Shonen Manga Personified wearing really thin before too long but it gets the point across right now, even though the first episode did that as well, and a lot better. :shrug:

Hopefully now that it's gotten past the very beginning and things can happen, it'll pick up steam and get interesting. If nothing else, at least the exposition can't get any clunkier than Episode 1 Generic Villain's "here's what my magic does" speech.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spawning giant magic-sealing swords out of thin air is still magic. I don't care if it isn't the same magic everyone else is using.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ITS ANTI MAGIC

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

its a magic sword and yeah this manga/anime treads some very very well-worn paths. it does so better than many other shounen craps tho

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:shrug:

Anywho. Count me in the "they really need to introduce the black bulls, STAT," camp.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
If you need an idea about pacing, the Black Bulls aren't even scheduled to appear until episode 6.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dropped

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Angry Grimace posted:

If you need an idea about pacing, the Black Bulls aren't even scheduled to appear until episode 6.

Oof.
That hurts.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Angry Grimace posted:

Jesus Christ. In the manga after what happens here in the first two episodes Asta does the Magic Knight test and literally meets the the leader there. How much bullshit are they cramming into this?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Jesus Christ. In the manga after what happens here in the first two episodes Asta does the Magic Knight test and literally meets the the leader there. How much bullshit are they cramming into this?

Yeah what. I like the series enough to watch. (Don't mind Asta's shoutyness ether.) But I don't get why they would delay the interesting stuff for so long.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they aren't trying to make it run indefinitely like the big name shounen fighting anime, are they? even if that was the case it would still be kinda strange to jump into filler and glacial pacing right away.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's scheduled for 1 cour afaik, and i have no idea where that person is getting info that the bulls don't show up until ep6

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if they were just making it up, i'd still believe it after how crappy e2 was.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you want an idea of where this show is going compared to the manga, watch twin star exorcists

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can't wait for the Bount filler arc

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you want an idea of where this show is going compared to the manga, watch twin star exorcists
Was that good? I kinda stopped following the manga after Seigen gets benched

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I didn't even get through the first ep.

Just bad all around. I suspect you're right with this, too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Was that good? I kinda stopped following the manga after Seigen gets benched

it's ok. never really cared for the core premise (the arranged marriage) but outside of that it's been solid the whole way through

I actually only read the manga because I'd watched some of the anime first and it was abysmal, but saw people really mad about what they did to it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also the author is great and i trust her (i think it's a lady?) to do good stuff.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Also the author is great and i trust her (i think it's a lady?) to do good stuff.
Yuuki Tabata (Black Clover's author) is a dude.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Twin Star Exorcist, OP.

(Author of Binbougami Ga)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also a dude.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hm. Wonder where i got that idea, then.

:shrug:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

New Episode, they are going blisteringly slow as compared to the manga, I mean goddamn is it slow. I do enjoy the interplay of Asta and Yuno though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked the laidback tone of this episode, compared to ep2 feeling like it was kinda spinning its wheels unnecessarily. this one did still have some weird stuff, like everything before the OP that just seemed like it belonged in different episodes. but we got a cool fight out of it!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

THE FILLER IN THIS SHOW IS SO BAD AND SO UNNECESSARY AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

LOOK FORWARD A WHOLE YEAR OF THIS PACE!!!!

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/918330085412716544

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pierrot, no...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

pierrot, no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dogsicle posted:

pierrot, no...

Look, Pierrot, just because Jyushimatsu is one of the leads in your most popular anime is no reason to actually let him direct a show.

He is a Matsu. They only exist to gently caress up everything.

• Locked thread