Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Eh, NO personality would be better than his current personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe during the gauche arc they can write him out and replace him with some sort of heroic dog?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

gauche basically does nothing ever again after his dumb short arc so whatever

khy
Aug 15, 2005

If they'd just make him more 'obsessed and protective' akin to Hughes and less 'She's the only one for me' it wouldn't have been so bad, really. Hopefully the Anime will do that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dragonatrix posted:

Gauche is really bad in the manga. Literally the worst. The siscon thing is bad enough, and then you learn she's - at this point in the story - 9 years old. And I'd hope any good adaption would remove that, but then if you do... Gauche kinda has no personality.

khy posted:

If they'd just make him more 'obsessed and protective' akin to Hughes and less 'She's the only one for me' it wouldn't have been so bad, really. Hopefully the Anime will do that.

See the latter is what I expected when the did his introduction schtick in the manga
But then it kept ramping up and he got his own arc and everything and urrrghgfgfsdfgsdgsdfsaasd

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just reread the tail of his arc last night and that is pretty devoid of creepiness, and shows his attachment is due to them living as orphans. my impression is that he basically ceases to exist after that so it's pretty whatever. I'm sure this thread is going to post more complaints about him than lines he will have in the entire 51 eps.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dogsicle posted:

i just reread the tail of his arc last night and that is pretty devoid of creepiness, and shows his attachment is due to them living as orphans. my impression is that he basically ceases to exist after that so it's pretty whatever. I'm sure this thread is going to post more complaints about him than lines he will have in the entire 51 eps.

Go re-read Chapter 39, the beginning of the arc is where the worst of the creepiness happens. Other than that yeah, aside from one or two mentions offhand he's pretty much benched for now.

I'm wondering how long they're going to run the show. I know the stated goal is 51 but I could see them going past if it's popular. If there's filler I hope they touch upon Grey and Agrippa a little since they haven't gotten much attention in the manga yet.

khy fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 9, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Grey gets screen time if they make it to the temple arc. Agrippa I've been waiting for.

Hilariously there are implied to be more members of the Bulls. Tataba specifically leaves wiggle room by having Yami say unprompted that there are more members but they're all on missions or slacking off or something at a couple points in the story.

I'd we're going full pierrot prepare for possible filler Bulls.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Magna is such a good guy.

Writing to your family is how to be a real man! :3:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ONLY WATCHING THIS TRASH FIRE RIGHT NOW FOR YAMI AND THE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

People keep saying the Black Bulls are great but the only person whose gimmick works so far is the mime (Magna is also ok)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
People keep saying it because The Black Bulls are great. Pierrot stretching stuff out with bland filler so as to keep to a maximum of 1 chapter an episode is just delaying the parts where the best Bulls get to do stuff though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It took me 3 arcs in the manga to give a poo poo about the black bulls

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Supposedly the dub is extremely listenable.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also soon to be on Toonami.

http://toonamifaithful.com/breaking-news-toonami-expands-again-and-gets-black-clover/

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'M SO HAPPY THAT THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE WILL EXPERIENCE THIS

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

an actual dog posted:

I'M SO HAPPY THAT THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE WILL EXPERIENCE THIS

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

THEY'RE REALLY PUSHING TO MARKET THIS ANIMEEEEEEEE

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i love scooter guy, i love his dumb laugh. i love that he makes an appearance in every arc. unironically

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I KNOW IT STARTED ON THE WRONG FOOT, BUT I HOPE THE ANIME DOESN'T SPIN ITS WHEELS TOO BADLY LIKE THE BEELZEBUB ANIME!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Can Asta PLEASE stop yelling it's insufferable. :(

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

no

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

he's training his vocal cords

he's going for the world record of longest single session of sexual harassment of a nun

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

I KNOW IT STARTED ON THE WRONG FOOT, BUT I HOPE THE ANIME DOESN'T SPIN ITS WHEELS TOO BADLY LIKE THE BEELZEBUB ANIME!

Today's episode covered 6 pages of the manga and then was entirely filler. We are at anime episode 8 and one third through manga chapter 6. That's remarkable in it's own way.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The wheels have to be moving for them to spin

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

BLACK CLOVER IS THE SOUND OF STILLNESS

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What have they done to you, Dog? :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Wark Say posted:

What have they done to you, Dog? :(

Lol I'm gonna get a new avatar for Xmas soon

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

LostRook posted:

Today's episode covered 6 pages of the manga and then was entirely filler. We are at anime episode 8 and one third through manga chapter 6. That's remarkable in it's own way.

It's an art and this show is a Picasso.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LostRook posted:

Today's episode covered 6 pages of the manga and then was entirely filler. We are in anime episode 8 and one third through manga chapter 6. That's remarkable in its own way.
Holy poo poo, that sounds legit bad. Didn't the manga become a hit due to the fact that it's fairly fast-paced?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

IT'S AN ART AND THIS SHOW IS A PICASSO.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
7 episodes in and they just now got to Noelle even showing up? She's in like every chapter and Yuno is in like 1/4 of them.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

One of my coworkers has been watching and kept saying Asta is like having Franky from One Piece as the MC (voice wise).

Now I can't help but compare the two.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

khy posted:

One of my coworkers has been watching and kept saying Asta is like having Franky from One Piece as the MC (voice wise).

holy poo poo i want to fight your coworker for comparing this screambeast to kazuki yao

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Patware posted:

holy poo poo i want to fight your coworker for comparing this screambeast to kazuki yao

I think it's because Franky has a tendancy to be loud-ish and roll his R's in "SUPERRRRRR" a lot

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

khy posted:

From what I've read and I can remember (and I might be misremembering) Franky was created to satisfy two or three criteria:
  1. Oda wanted a character based on Jim Carrey's portrayal of Ace Ventura
  2. Oda liked Kazuki Yao's portrayal of Mr. 2 Bon Clay so much that he wanted to create a Straw Hat character just for him.
  3. Oda wanted a robot/cyborg because BOYS LIKE ROBOTS :hellyeah:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

khy posted:

I think it's because Franky has a tendancy to be loud-ish and roll his R's in "SUPERRRRRR" a lot

oh i know why he'd do it but it's like comparing excellent wings to mcnuggets swimming in frank's red hot

EDIT: i've seen #2 in a couple other places so i'm pretty sure that's true. i'm trying to remember if Jango, Bon Clay, and Franky all appeared in a single episode

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

7 episodes in and they just now got to Noelle even showing up? She's in like every chapter and Yuno is in like 1/4 of them.

I would support more appearances of Yuno because of reasons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok from checking.

They covered the other half of chapter 6 this episode and most of chapter 7. But they did not finish chapter 7 and instead left it off on a really odd point like right before Asta gets a satisfying blow on the bad guy.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Noelle is inspiring complicated emotions in me.

On the one hand, How many loving times are you going to have your revelation that "We're all teammates" before it sticks for longer than 10 minutes? And this revelation came because one little girl grabbed your hand, in front of 50 villagers and the dead/dying mayor. Ridiculously impulsive. And all because you somehow think your family, who told you explicitly "I wish you were dead" would somehow be troubled if you died?

On the other, I'm enjoying having a character who DOES consider her options and loyalties at regular intervals as part of a Shounen battle-anime. The way she does it is idiotic, but to even have a character go "You'll met me go if I run away? Hmm.. let's think about this for a moment" is somehow refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
drat I thought I was gonna hate this after watching the PV but it's actually pretty good once you adjust to Asta's voice.

• Locked thread