Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll probably catch up on it when it reaches the astapult phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for anyone who hasn't read the manga, it only gets good once the black bulls show up. that's pretty early, but expect the first few episodes to be kinda lovely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they aren't rushing to get to the good parts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dropped

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they aren't trying to make it run indefinitely like the big name shounen fighting anime, are they? even if that was the case it would still be kinda strange to jump into filler and glacial pacing right away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if they were just making it up, i'd still believe it after how crappy e2 was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, the manga never really conveyed how far out in the sticks they were. instead, it jumped straight into the main plot and introduced the large cast of characters. i think those are better things to focus on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only filler worldbuilding i'd be interested in is someone explaining what the heck is up with grimoires.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the thing is, the black bulls aren't really known for causing mass destruction. they are known as being incompetent troublemakers. heck, giant, catastrophic destructive magic is sometimes presented as a point of pride for the more elite magic knights because it is only possible due to their innate magical capacity.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, gently caress that guy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be nice if they change it so that he doesn't lust after his sister

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe during the gauche arc they can write him out and replace him with some sort of heroic dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This is the mangaka, so why he's apologizing for the anime is a bit odd to me.

well, if he were apologizing for the anime in general it would make sense, but not for one specific episode.

• Locked thread