Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Gazpacho posted:

a facebook ... for smells

smell o vision vr expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A razor that's exactly like a disposable razor but made with tungsten carbide or something so it doesn't wear out in 2 minutes.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Salt Fish posted:

A razor that's exactly like a disposable razor but made with tungsten carbide or something so it doesn't wear out in 2 minutes.

razors get dull because of scale buildup, not so much because of the edge dulling. so either shave with deionized water or buy a safety razor and get blades for $.05 each

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

have you considered the pure masculine charm of using a straight razor

pram
Jun 10, 2001
safety razors own hth

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

razors get dull because of scale buildup, not so much because of the edge dulling. so either shave with deionized water or buy a safety razor and get blades for $.05 each

soak your blades in vinegar from time to time and they last longer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

tungsten carbide is a sintered (and thus heterogeneous) material, so it can't be formed into an edge as sharp as a steel blade. it's extremely wear-resistant but i doubt you could make a good razor out of it.

what you probably want is, like, a ceramic or glass razor.

also yes safety razors are way nicer than the plastic multi-blade ones.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I wrote that post immediately after shaving and now that I'm at the office I'm having a hard time getting into the idea.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Twitch but for dad's doing dad hobbies

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

vodkat posted:

lollin thinking about a dad streaming himself building a chair in his garage in complete silence.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
norm abrams new yankee dadshop

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

lampey posted:

a tool like windirstat, spacemonger, or sequoiaview spacesniffer that can be executed from the command line to export a jpg instead of having to log in, install/run a program, take a screenshot and then send an email to someone to delete the music and videos from the shared drive. or delete the isos from the temp folder

it's not at all the same thing but i like wiztree for space utilization because it reads the ntfs mft in the same way Everything does for search, and is thus very, very fast

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

vodkat posted:

please don't post actually good ideas in this thread

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

vodkat posted:

https://blog.twitch.tv/introducing-twitch-creative-fbfe23b4a114

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Tinder but for fidget spinners

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

an app where you take a photograph of your stupid bullshit miniature dog's paws and it will tell you their fortune

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A macbook pro but with a usb port that you can use.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

soak your blades in vinegar from time to time and they last longer

Add some pyramid power in there somewhere and you got yourself an indiegogo campaign

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

eschaton posted:

MIT's Zephyr has this in the late 1980
I know it's not a novel concept, I tried to design a system like this for one of my employers, using a combo of hashtags and categories and it was seen as "too confusing" [the users wouldn't interact with the model, it was just a way to manage a fairly diverse data set of travel deals that would be easy for the company to manipulate] it's just one of those things that would improve twitter so much

just give each object an arbitrary number of tags, 0 or 1 categories and an optional ttl [another thing missing from both twitter and normal rss] easy peasy

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Kickstarter but in reverse: you promise to buy a thing once the creator actually makes it.

Stick Insect fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 10, 2017

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Kickstarter Futures? The fallout from Kickstarter Options being shorted would be hilarious.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Stick Insect posted:

Kickstarter but in reverse: you promise to buy a thing once the creator actually makes it.

this is what a lot of massdrop is and why it takes like 7 months for stuff to ship

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Mister Sinewave posted:

Add some pyramid power in there somewhere and you got yourself an indiegogo campaign

put your blades in the pyramid shaped apple cider vinegar reservoir and the interaction of those with the ley lines will ensure they stay sharp as long as it's oriented parallel to the equator and kept level

(level included at some high Kickstarter tier)

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAoGl6-pb08

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
A video search engine that finds the videos that those minute-long gifs were made from.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

gifv and imgur have ruined people

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

gifv and imgur have ruined people
the cool thing is if you used imgur's copy-video-to-imgur tool, early on it would link back to the original on youtube or instagram or whatever. now it doesn't.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
chat rooms but more web 2.0 somehow

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

big scary monsters posted:

chat rooms but more web 2.0 somehow
google wave 2.0

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
snapchat filters designed for dick pics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i want a sombrero for my dick

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

snapchat filters designed for dick pics

100% sure you could get vc funding for this idea like right now

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
hotdog or not

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

keepass but for dongs

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

am i doing it right

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
2 factor sexual consent.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

2 factor sexual consent.

this is good

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

anthonypants posted:

google wave 2.0

it's still better than slack probably

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Salt Fish posted:

2 factor sexual consent.

this isn't the bitcoin thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

2 factor sexual consent.

dongl