Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
this is kind of baffling, because for there to be any point to such experiments, you'd have to then collect data, which would involve frequent visits to the area and/or contact with the people

and the iron study sounds more like they were measuring the absorption and retention of iron, and it was only radiolabeled so they could do that

could be garbled in transmission i suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

According to the article, that test was performed as part of the radiological weapons program.

oh yeah so it does, i guess that might explain why they were interested

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, if they were developing radiological weapons it'd be for combat use or assassinations. They'd want something that would kill people either immediately or within a few days, so long term study wouldn't be important.

yeah but you wouldn't test one by actually dropping one on your own population because that would have been unpopular back in those days

you'd use something low-level that doesn't actually kill anyone outright, but then you have the problem of having to go around taking dirt samples and asking people "hey can we have some of your blood"

but i guess those classified papers would answer that puzzle

• Locked thread