Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I don't think anyone itt is particularly shocked that the US did something evil, just baffled at why they did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I used to date a chick who was super into Pharma conspiracy theories. See was profoundly mentally ill (otherwise she wouldn't have even considered dating me lol) and refuse to take her meds because of the afformentioned conspiracies. The relationship didn't last long but the sex was great.

In retrospect I kinda regret not starting a falloutesque bunker to raise a family with her

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones so effective is that the U.S. has legitimately done a bunch of crazy poo poo that sounds like conspiracy theories. MK Ultra, basically every single thing we did in the South America during the Cold War, Iran-Contra, every single thing about J. Edgar Hoover and the Dulles brothers, we sent pallets of cash to Iraq that vanished (this isn't even a conspiracy, just a baffling fuckup), the CIA sold cocaine to fund arms trade, the Tuskegee experiment, etc. etc. It all sounds exactly like the made-up theories, just with different nouns. The only difference is it's proven history.

America has done some completely nuts stuff, so how hard is it to believe a few more?

The CIA doing evil poo poo is completely understandable.

The fact that they are utterly incompetent at said evil poo poo despite their vast resources is baffling

• Locked thread