Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Seanzor posted:

Content: I loathe traditional Agile user story syntax; when our team switched from waterfall to Agile a few years ago, all of our tickets were titled in accordance with scripture, and it was infuriatingly difficult to parse through a sprint/backlog full of tens/hundreds of tickets that all read like "As a user I want [awkwardly-phrased description of feature]".

So a few sprints into our Agile foray, I just started naming tickets like:

Improve pageload speed to <4 seconds

instead of:

As a User, I want the application to load in under 4 seconds so that I don't think the application has crashed

Multiple Dev and QA folks independently thanked me for doing this, but the team's project manager, who is a slavish devotee to traditional Agile process (he has "certified scrum master" on his resume), hated it so much that he still snipes at me about it, years later. This is despite the fact that he doesn't bat an eyelash when the team team habitually inflates their story point estimation methodology to create the illusion of ever-increasingly velocity (I don't give a poo poo; I know who does work, and things take as long as they take). Clearly, I'm not over it.

I realized the other day that I've come to loathe the "As a ____, I..." construction just in general and now I wonder if Agile is why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread