Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Protocol7 posted:

The PMs where I work aren't too bad, but the scrum masters definitely are. We're trying to switch over to SAFe and I'm not looking forward to two full days of meetings.

Plus they're sticklers about that stupid "As an X user I want to accomplish Y such that Z" wording in our user stories, but they also have us make user stories as granular as possible. We've actually started writing "As an X user, I want to accomplish Y such that the business requirements are satisfied."

Real fuckin' useful, that wording.
Problem IMO is that at one hand, people expect user stories to be replacement for use cases, while on the other hand, user stories are actually work units for the developer. More granular = better than. It's just that if they want a more general overview, then a bunch of user stories won't cut - they need a different work product.

quote:

Oh and even though we do scrum, we still have to estimate everything and have fixed release dates. Very agile.
That's often a fact of life in business and not something developers can always shy away from. Just as long as you make it clear that these are best guess estimates and not promises. Scrum protects devs in the sense that they commit to the sprint goal (and it's the devs who make the estimation about whether it's feasible) but are then hands-off from further meddling by the management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread