Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SuperKlaus posted:

Hey guys. Some tidbits here. Regarding the RPG, I just now finally heard back from the devs after emailing them in January! There will be no more beta rules updates, so I was mistaken about believing another was due. Regarding the giveaway for copies of the RPG book, we are to continue staying tuned. Well, at least they are not dead.
I've been wondering what was going on with that. Is there even a projected release date or anything? Google is proving less than helpful, with most results actually pertaining to the card game rather than the RPG itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm looking into running a solo game of L5R (4E or 5E) for someone who's interested in playing a character with an animal companion of some sort. Are there any options for this? Unicorn characters get their steeds and 5E has the Animal Bond passion, but beyond that I haven't managed to turn anything up. I do realise the concept doesn't really fit into the setting, but given the abundance of splatbooks for 4E in particular I might have missed something.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Thanks, all! The 4E beastmaster turned out to be in The Great Clans, for the record. :shobon: It's probably as good as it's going to get in terms of letting the character have an animal friend, so it looks like we'll be going with it. Now I only need to figure out things for the character to actually do, as concept-wise the usual social business doesn't really seem to be on the table.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Is that the Topaz Championship one? It looks like virtually none of the TNs in that adventure are higher than 2, so if people with decent skill/ring values for the checks in question still failed them consistently, they either had very bad luck or were somehow getting their rolls wrong, I'd think.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm aware of at least one other tabletop RPG (Symbaroum) that also released a special 5E version of its rules/setting. No doubt it makes sense financially, but as a trend I don't like it.

Epi Lepi posted:

You misunderstand. The issue was that because of exploding dice we had multiple instances where characters who did not specialize in "thing" performed better at that challenge in the Championship, than the characters that did. Maybe we had an outlier day but it happened enough that no one felt like their character build mattered in the slightest.
Right! I guess that can happen, though as characters with higher values in the relevant skills/rings get to roll more dice, they should also be scoring more explosive successes themselves on average. Not that this feels like much of a consolation right there and then, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh neat, a L5R video game! The setting lends itself really well to a CRPG sort of –

quote:

a single-player roguelite autobattler
:what: