Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cool to see lowtax using metro design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah but remember a few years back when they used all the telemetry data to see what functions people use most and made the ones they don't use bigger?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

univbee posted:

Serious question: How much of that is due to MacOS and how much of it is "we're actually administering software deployments and locking our poo poo down now"?

it's neither. it's due to apple hardware failing less.

so of course they are switching right as apple makes laptops that fail in a month

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

They called the second Xbox One the Xbox One Ten

that's the third xbox one. the second xbox one is the xbox one s

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

what if I'm the evil twin?

then hope your sibling doesn't realize it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

isn't telegram the one that rolled its own encryption that's already been broken

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

we definitely had a router in my college apartment with our sick 10 mbps cable connection. fast enough to download dreamcast isos!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

drm was a mistake

there's no drm tho. you can download the mp3s and play them on whatever you want. they're just shutting down the servers.

(not that i disagree with the sentiment)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nah, it's like apple music/itunes in that you can just subscribe and that's drmed and once they shut it down there goes your music, but you can also buy music which is drm-free.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

well shaggar is just as i remember

he brings me little pleasure, kevin

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

risc rules

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

is anyone buying steam boxes?

does anyone still sell steam boxes?
no

yes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EnergizerFellow posted:

OMG LIEK XBOX HUGE LOL just isn't the meme it used to be.

buddy, I made a "turn 360 degrees" joke in here and someone didn't get it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i loved the dreamcast but its controller was garbage, and it's ridiculous to claim they couldn't have the wire come out the top even with the vmu ports, considering third party manufacturers managed it just fine

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

3do was pretty sweet, db9 and you could daisy chain the controllers

not enough buttons though

ripping out the player 2 controller while playing street fighter 2 was the ultimate super move

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

i dont even turn on a tv :smug:

buddy you've never turned anything on

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Father Jack posted:

do any oems have a clear policy on what constitutes a hosed battery, like 'if your battery has x% or less of it's original capacity it's eligible for warranty replacement'?

it seems to be an area with a lot of weaseling.

apple does. under 80% in 1 year is eligible for a warranty replacement. it might extend to under 80% for the length of applecare but idk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

installed 1709 and i don't have a wallpaper anymore

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cool, all, like, ten games

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

wow i can't believe this exclusive blog post isn't paywalled

e: oh my god there's "premium comments" lmao

not being able to see comments is a benefits idk why he expects anyone would pay to see them

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

aint that the truth lol

lmbo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

the issue is if you have a latvian windows you have to do it every time there's a windows update.

which at best gets tedius.

don't pirate free operating systems, i guess?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

how's the eve online psvr game

didn't they shut it down or are going to?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

i don't know about that but maybe you're thinking of dust 514 for the ps3, their first-person shooter? the psvr one is the spaceship combat game

i think i was thinking of dust, then

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

no one uses edge so your example isn't relevant in any case

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

posting on a nice page that windows is bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

all the kids you have ever seen playing kinect or minecraft or whatever in the window of a ms store have always been the kids of the managers.

they get paid in first party xbox games and gold memberships lol

holy poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

brap posted:

can someone help me understand why saying je suis charlie is bad

despite charlie hebdo's claims of being anti-racist, they liked to publish anti-muslim cartoons

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my employer is finally switching from office 2010 to O365 and i'm really looking forward to the fun and exciting new ways all the awful already-broken macro garbage will ruin my day, every day

is skype for business for professionals for workgroups pro 3.1 for business just as bad as lync "16 colors" 2010 because that program makes me want to eat a bullet

skype for business is just lync renamed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sure but how about the other settings menu

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he rides a harley and is really angry that government thugs force him to wear a helmet and inhibit his freedom

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

as i recall, you had to mail your xyboard back to motorola to get the 4g upgrade, as well

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Significant Ant posted:

can we talk about the latest Windows 10 update because lol

nope, you are definitely not allowed to talk about microsoft products in this, the microsoft thread

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my onedrive is almost full but i don't use onedrive so idk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jfc

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:chome:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ms laid off their xbox support team and replaced them with volunteer "ambassadors"

quote:

Xbox Ambassadors also deal with inquiries via an online chat tool, and are rewarded for their efforts via leaderboards, which then dispense XP as well as entries to prize competitions. The program is set up like a game, with “missions” and sweepstakes prizes.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/29/17406254/microsoft-layoffs-twitter-support-xbox-ambassadors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

No that's just autists that refuse to upgrade because of the wavedashing glitch they fixed in every release since

yeah he just said "smash bros fans"