Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

true leftist posted:

as i entangle him in the jungle-floor tendrils of my pubes and drag him toward my ever-hungering mouth to be assimilated into my pulsating mass, i will be singing, "i said to hank williams, how lonely does it get? hank williams hasn't answered yet, but i hear him coughing all night long, one hundred floors above me in the tower of song"

God bless you for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I mean its pretty lovely to imply the only reason someone might not enjoy her work is because of racesexism. I liked the first Broken Earth book well enough but the second was just so overwrought in its endless depictions of suffering and trauma that I just kind of zoned out and never bothered with third.

But if you want to make a thread about, no one is stopping you.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wonder what Rothfuss thinks about bacon

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I thought he just got a lifetime perma for never being able to turn off the napalm in any conversation he was in

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

A charity that exists solely to funnel money to other charities sounds like a pointless vanity project at best anyway

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I checked out when after nothing happening for the whole book he had a literal random encounter with a dragon to inject some drama into the ending, if that's the high point of the series I really don't want to see how book 2 went

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If you're this late on a book your publisher should be able to legally murder you imo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They're Brandon Sanderson's 2021 released titles

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't think the painfully overwrought angst and endless chapters of plot stalling introspection of the later Malazan books is much better than Rothfuss's 'silence of three parts' twaddle honestly and in any case wouldn't appeal to the type of fantasy fan who felt validated by Name of the Wind's hackey purple prose

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It has some cool fight scenes and 600 characters who who have all been drafted out with their character classes and power levels as their primary characteristics, if you don't enjoy both of those things it is very much not the series for you

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That last section is some of the most painful late 2000s GBS poo poo-that-didn't-happen I've ever seen

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also GRRM is an old man and had a full career before he hit his writers block, Rothfuss gave up after two books

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Chicken Butt posted:

On the one hand, I am extremely glad that we are not actually being subjected to what would undoubtedly be an extremely painful-to-read and infuriatingly overly-successful third volume of the Khronicles, but on the other hand … what the gently caress does he do all day?? A decade of being completely unproductive would drive me to suicidal despair, and I’m not even an “artist“. I thought it was a universal thing that human beings need to be active, or their mental and physical health collapse.

Browse the internet, jack off, game, things of that nature

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

eXXon posted:

Unban botl now and give them a mod challenge to write one chapter of book 3 per month.

I don't think he'd do that

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Didn't they make that into an actual book recently?

You wanna talk about subverting expectations and genre twisting.

Garth has released two books now, saw him at a book tour recently and he's doing great. I just don't think people were ready for anything that raw back in the 80s so it's great to see hia renaissance now :)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

pentyne posted:

We are now as far from when that show aired as it was from the time period it was portraying.

No that's stupid that can't be rightohgodnoooo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wrath of Khan, hope that helps : )

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's also very funny how Fitz will never acknowledge he likes men whilst forever describing the Fool's delicate bone structure and graceful poise in loving detail, excellent use of first person narration by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sooner or later every fantasy author starts to let their Weird out, and unfortunately Hobb was no exception