Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

TV Zombie posted:

Is the Slow Regard of Silent Things...worth reading if you've read the other two books and are waiting for the third book?

No.
God No.

I read it back when I still had a decent-ish opinion of Rothfuss' work and I thought it was god awful. There's no plot and trying to make sense of what little actually is happening is painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I'm not going to read it because it is never coming out.

I would say "If it comes out, I would read it" but it won't so I won't.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Karnegal posted:

I'm really perplexed that people who just savage Rothfuss are in here boosting Sanderson.

You're surprised people who are savaging one of the beardo fantasy dorks who can't loving finish a book are bringing up the arch fantasy book writing machine dork?

If you like trash its better to get a constant stream of it then to look at an incomplete pile of it and know that it will never be finished.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They mock Rothfuss to distract from how bad the stuff they like is

You like trash as well, trashman.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Karnegal posted:

I mean, from a certain point of view, Rothfuss is actually doing us all a favor by not writing anything but masturbatory blog posts.

Wrong, friend. By not finishing his trilogy he poisons the minds of the unenlightened with the notions of a potential 'good' third book. If he were a decent human he would release that turd upon us and dispel all doubt as to the quality of his story.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

my bony fealty posted:

who could have predicted the guy who wears a "Joss Whedon is my master" shirt is a philandering creep

Always two there are. A master...and an apprentice.